Good News Bad News

aerodrum89

Good news: Got our 2022 BL Aviator today!!  Flight blue with chalet interior - it’s awesome.  

Bad news: We configured the car when we ordered it to have the full console, but they built it with the mini console (cup holders and a tray on the floor of the car that doesn’t include: extra storage, more charging ports, and controls for opening and closing the sunroof shade).  We didn’t want to reorder and wait months more for a new one…so we asked the dealer to contact Lincoln to see what they can do (write us a check). We’ll see what happens!

Bottom line: if you configured your order to have a full console, do whatever you can to verify that the car will actually come with it.  Our window sticker didn’t list the console configuration, so I don’t know if it would state “full console” if they built it correctly.  Let me know!

1 hour ago, aerodrum89 said:

Good news: Got our 2022 BL Aviator today!!  Flight blue with chalet interior - it’s awesome.  

Bad news: We configured the car when we ordered it to have the full console, but they built it with the mini console (cup holders and a tray on the floor of the car that doesn’t include: extra storage, more charging ports, and controls for opening and closing the sunroof shade).  We didn’t want to reorder and wait months more for a new one…so we asked the dealer to contact Lincoln to see what they can do (write us a check). We’ll see what happens!

Bottom line: if you configured your order to have a full console, do whatever you can to verify that the car will actually come with it.  Our window sticker didn’t list the console configuration, so I don’t know if it would state “full console” if they built it correctly.  Let me know!

Hi aerodrum. A quick look a the 2022 Aviator Dealer Order Guide shows that the Black Label comes standard with the mini console. The full console seems to be option "68D". Was your Aviator ordered with option "68D". What does the purchase order that you signed state?

While I did not spend too much time poring over the Dealer Order Guide, I did not see another way to get the full console other than
option "68D".

I do not want to say that mistakes never happen. However, unfortunately, if it was ordered with a full rear console, it probably would have come with a full console.

On the other hand, if it was ordered with option the full console/option "68D", and you paid for it/did not get it, Lincoln needs to do something to rectify the error and make you happy.

At this point, your best course of action would be to sit down with the Sales Manager at your Lincoln Dealership and go over your order to see where the mistake was made.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

43 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi aerodrum. A quick look a the 2022 Aviator Dealer Order Guide shows that the Black Label comes standard with the mini console. The full console seems to be option "68D". Was your Aviator ordered with option "68D". What does the purchase order that you signed state?

While I did not spend too much time poring over the Dealer Order Guide, I did not see another way to get the full console other than
option "68D".

I do not want to say that mistakes never happen. However, unfortunately, if it was ordered with a full rear console, it probably would have come with a full console.

On the other hand, if it was ordered with option the full console/option "68D", and you paid for it/did not get it, Lincoln needs to do something to rectify the error and make you happy.

At this point, your best course of action would be to sit down with the Sales Manager at your Lincoln Dealership and go over your order to see where the mistake was made.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Thanks!  We’ll see what the manager comes back with tomorrow after speaking to the Lincoln rep. 

We met with the Sales Manager as soon as the issue was discovered.  They pulled up the order and verified that the full console option was selected. I have it on my copy of the order and they were able to verify in their system that we did in fact select the option.  

We did purposefully select the full console when ordering, it wasn’t something we assumed would be a default configuration.  I’ll keep you posted!

8 hours ago, akirby said:

Sounds like something the dealer can fix easily.

I don’t know the details of how they install the consoles, but I imagine the job could cost them several thousands of dollars - especially if they didn’t run a wiring harness to that position universally to plug in the full console if that option is selected.  We asked about having them replace it and it didn’t sound like an option.

10 hours ago, aerodrum89 said:

If the vehicle was ordered with the Full Rear Console (68D) option it should be listed on the Window Sticker. If so, the Dealer needs to file a Misbuilt Vehicle Claim. If not, the process will be more involved. 

Here's information for the Ford Misbuilt Vehicle process...

Misbuilt Policy Checklist
It is important for the Service Department to communicate with the Dealership’s Sales Department in order to obtain the required information to determine whether a vehicle conforms to the Company’s definition of a Misbuilt vehicle.

1. Obtain a copy of the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA) and a copy of the new vehicle invoice 
  2. Compare the DORA against the new vehicle invoice to determine if there are any discrepancies between the order as placed and the vehicle invoice as built.
  3. If a discrepancy is found, review the Order Guide or SSMs for info that would indicate a change or elimination to the vehicle order content.
  4. Check the above sales information to ensure equipment was not deleted or supplied based on updated options package information
  5. Many Misbuilt conditions require photos to validate.  Be sure to take “before” photos before any service is performed, parts are removed, etc. so they are available upon request.
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, aerodrum89 said:

Ya man. I ordered BL with full console and it’s on window sticker

5F938C24-7FA4-4EB6-930C-F456E3C22028.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok glad to hear you guys are going to get what you ordered! 

The Verdict: Lincoln writing us a check for $900.  

We’re fine with it because we’re leasing and don’t expect passengers to really need the full console for now.  The alternative would have been to re-order and wait for the new one (while being aviator-less).  

To address some suggestions that the dealer could fix it, they said there’s not a kit to made the mod at this time. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...