'21 Escape PHEV in the wild

Virgil22

After lots of searching and many false leads, I was finally able to locate an SE trim Escape PHEV at a dealer almost 500 miles away (hey Ford - your online inventory system sucks). Placed a deposit and collected it this week. Got 40 electric miles followed by 41mpg highway all the way back (in regular driving mode, not ECO).  It charges in about 12hrs off a regular 110V outlet.  So far very pleased with it, save for a few quirks like wading through what felt like 30 screens of settings in SYNC and Android Auto ? (e.g. figuring out how to turn adaptive cruise into normal cruise-control).  The color ("antimatter blue") looks black most of the time and only really shows the blue in bright lighting such as sunlight. Handling is essentially identical to the gas engine version we test-drove - pickup in EV only mode is adequate but not mind-blowing. Convenience package (electric driver seat adjust and power lift-gate) definitely worthwhile additions.  Being FWD only, I'm excited to see how it handles once we get some snow on the ground (may end up getting snow tires).

InkedPXL_20210914_152616297_LI.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/16/2021 at 10:24 AM, Virgil22 said:

After lots of searching and many false leads, I was finally able to locate an SE trim Escape PHEV at a dealer almost 500 miles away (hey Ford - your online inventory system sucks). Placed a deposit and collected it this week. Got 40 electric miles followed by 41mpg highway all the way back (in regular driving mode, not ECO).  It charges in about 12hrs off a regular 110V outlet.  So far very pleased with it, save for a few quirks like wading through what felt like 30 screens of settings in SYNC and Android Auto ? (e.g. figuring out how to turn adaptive cruise into normal cruise-control).  The color ("antimatter blue") looks black most of the time and only really shows the blue in bright lighting such as sunlight. Handling is essentially identical to the gas engine version we test-drove - pickup in EV only mode is adequate but not mind-blowing. Convenience package (electric driver seat adjust and power lift-gate) definitely worthwhile additions.  Being FWD only, I'm excited to see how it handles once we get some snow on the ground (may end up getting snow tires).

InkedPXL_20210914_152616297_LI.jpg

Cool.....1st driving review I've seen anywhere about PHEV Escape. Still waiting to see one on You Tube. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 10:24 AM, Virgil22 said:

.........Got 40 electric miles followed by 41mpg highway all the way back (in regular driving mode, not ECO).  It charges in about 12hrs off a regular 110V outlet.........Being FWD only, I'm excited to see how it handles once we get some snow on the ground (may end up getting snow tires).

40 electric miles is very impressive.  And yes on the snow tires.  Expect dramatically better traction with snow tires compared to the standard all-weather tires.

• 4 months later...
On 10/3/2021 at 10:30 PM, jblas16 said:

Thanks for your review! I just submitted an order for a 2022 Escape PHEV Titanium today, so I'm looking forward to joining the club in the future.

If you see this response, please keep us updated on when you get your Escape. I'm planning to order the same model as you later this year, curious to see how long your order takes.

48 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

If you see this response, please keep us updated on when you get your Escape. I'm planning to order the same model as you later this year, curious to see how long your order takes.

I ended up buying a 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium and canceling my 2022 order, so I'm afraid I can't speak to current wait times. Good luck!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

In case it helps you decide when to order, I'm at 161 days waiting on a titanium phev ordered 8/30/21. Have had a VIN for a month but there's been no scheduling to get a build date yet.

Edited by bredick
Punctuation

1 hour ago, bredick said:

In case it helps you decide when to order, I'm at 161 days waiting on a titanium phev ordered 8/30/21. Have had a VIN for a month but there's been no scheduling to get a build date yet.

Thanks for that info - if you don't mind, please keep us updated. your information is making me rethink the timing for my order (sooner rather than later).

21 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Thanks for that info - if you don't mind, please keep us updated. your information is making me rethink the timing for my order (sooner rather than later).

There is another user, marc_05, in this thread below, who ordered a bit later but got bumped priority sooner and was a little ahead of me in getting a build date. Might want to watch there as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 1:22 PM, Harley Lover said:

I'm now at the 6 month mark on our order, was told almost 2 weeks ago "it's getting built in 2 weeks" so far the tracker is not showing it in production yet and no window sticker. I did hear marc_05 got theirs that was very similar to mine, so there is hope!

Ordered. 2022 Titanium PHEV 11/17/2021.  Order scheduled 2/12/22 and built 2/21/2022.  Order shipped 2/22/2022.  Order loaded on CSXT rail and arrived Chicago train yard, 2/24/2022.  Order has not moved since then!  Anyone know how long they usually sit in Chicago???

Edited by tanner83