Worn Chalet seat

2018blacklable

1 hour ago, 2018blacklable said:

Hi new to the group..not sure if this has been covered before. My 2018 Navi Blacklable is showing excessive ware..has anyone have the same issue. I took it to the dealer with no resolution. Has anyone have the same experience?

Hi 2018. What exactly is/was "no resolution". What did the Service Department say? What was the reason they gave for not covering the repair/replacement under warranty?

Let us know. Good luck.

10 hours ago, 2018blacklable said:

Hi new to the group..not sure if this has been covered before. My 2018 Navi Blacklable is showing excessive ware..has anyone have the same issue. I took it to the dealer with no resolution. Has anyone have the same experience?

How many miles on your Navi Black Label ,  and what is the "excessive wear" you are speaking of? I have never heard them referred to as "Chalet Seats"...what do you have on it and if possible, could you post a picture or two?

See pics of my seats..I have 34000 miles..2nd owner. Dealer said they would not cover..I called HQ and they offered me a 500 gift card.

Well, thats a start, but I agree with possibly replacing the cover unless it is no longer available. At that point, I would go to a detailer and see if there are any products to correct the leather issues.

See pics of my seats..I have 34000 miles..2nd owner. Dealer said they would not cover..I called HQ and they offered me a 500 gift card.

Hi 2018blacklable. What was the reason you were given by the Dealer that it would not be covered under warranty (misuse, negligence, chemical contamination...etc...)? If they did not give you a reason for a warranty denial, ask them. 

You said you "called HQ"...Have you called Lincoln Concierge? If you have not, try opening a case file with them.

Also, how long have you owned your Navigator? Are you the original owner, or did you purchase it used? What products have you used to clean  and condition the leather?

Get back to us and good luck.

3 hours ago, 2018blacklable said:

Dealer just said it wasnt covered under warranty..I am the 2nd owner, bought 4 months ago.

As for Lincoln Concierge..that's what I meant by HQ...

Lincoln Concierge offered me the 500.. which is not going to cover my cost of repairs..

Hi 2018blacklable. Just curious still: What products have you used on the seats to clean and condition the leather since you've owned it?

And is your Navigator still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty? Defects in material and workmanship are covered under the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty. You need to ask them why it is not covered under warranty. So if your Navigator is still within that 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty, there needs to be a clearly stated reason why they are denying the claim.

So unless they are claiming that is only dirt in the creases, there needs to be a reason why it would not be covered under warranty. Are they claiming it is normal wear? Or are they they claiming the damage is due to due to abuse, negligence, lack of care, etc.?

These are the questions you need to ask if you want this covered.

Otherwise, your option is to ask Lincoln Concierge for more compensation and see what they say.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi 2018blacklable. Just curious still: What products have you used on the seats to clean and condition the leather since you've owned it?

And is your Navigator still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty? Defects in material and workmanship are covered under the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty. You need to ask them why it is not covered under warranty. So if your Navigator is still within that 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty, there needs to be a clearly stated reason why they are denying the claim.

So unless they are claiming that is only dirt in the creases, there needs to be a reason why it would not be covered under warranty. Are they claiming it is normal wear? Or are they they claiming the damage is due to due to abuse, negligence, lack of care, etc.?

These are the questions you need to ask if you want this covered.

Otherwise, your option is to ask Lincoln Concierge for more compensation and see what they say.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

All good questions to ask. Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 5:33 PM, Black Label said:

Looks excessively worn to me. Venetian Leather, whatever that is, I would think should hold up better. My '08 Expy's ,with 100,000 miles, seats were not the worn.

I've done a lot of car detailing (hobby) and have had a lot of leather seats & white leather ... TBH, this doesn't look like "excessive wear" to my eye, rather average wear from someone who wear jeans and/or abrasive type clothes and rubs those parts of the seats, as well as dirt & soiling in the natural creases.  One can see that the leather is shiny: this is key sign of very dirty leather, as leather should be matte.

Further, my understanding is these Chalet seats are aniline leather which would mean a more natural but vulnerable surface versus semi-aniline ...

With that, the OP can try:

(1.) Colourlock's mild cleaner w/ their leather brush

(2.) Given the state of the seats, might want to step up the their strong cleaner w/ leather brush, but as a 2nd step.

(3.) Once the leather is cleaned - it may need some cosmetic repair & Colourlock sells kits to do this

(4.) Reseal the leather with ColourLock's Leather Shield

I've done this on many of my vehicles and recommended to many others always with great results.  I have no relationship w/ Colourlock, it's just been by far the best product of all of the leather products I've used over the years.