Thoughts after 30 days

d232799

Got my 5th Superduty, 4th King Ranch F350 just over a month ago.  My first impressions:

Love my King Ranch seats,  the new interior is really a major step above my 2015 KR F350, well done indeed.

Back up camera's and such work great on the massive 12" screen.

10 Speed is sweet and its terrific going up and down the gears,  my truck has the 4.30 rear gears.

The 7.3L is the best motor I've owned,  mileage is the same as in my 2015 with the 6.2L,  but I Iive in the mountains and this truck has 650 miles so far.

Brakes are questionable,  recent hard braking due to a deer in the road caused this truck to pull hard right.  After some other trials I find the right front brake is tight

but the left front didn't seem to grab at all.  The rear end also tried to rotate me out to the left.  Wonder if I need to bleed them?

Exterior trim is very well done,  I live in snow country and think it'll be nicer to clean off.

Over all  EVERYONE LOVES THIS TRUCK.   Rob

DSC05087.JPG

• Like 3

I too am pleased with MY22.  30 days and 3k miles on F350  4X4 4 door Lariat.  The only complaint is the tires, had it back to the dealer to get balanced after just a few miles.  Then once more a few days later.  Rides Ok but I know it could be better.  I am coming  from a 3500 GM that came with good tires from the factory (Michelin)  and I replaced them with the same when needed.  Just wished that Ford would put good tires on the trucks.  One would think that after spending $80k that you wouldn't need to spend more just to get a good riding tire.  The Continental ties are my only complaint.   I couldn't be happier with the truck love the 6.7 and the 10 speed.

• Like 2

I have 28 days on the 22 F250 and overall, it's just ok.  The 10 speed transmission is clunky, compared to the GM 10 speed I just left.  Downshifts under acceleration jerk hard, the downshift to 3rd is grabby and the upshift to 10th feels like it slows your forward momentum during the shift.  There's only 500 miles on the clock, so maybe it's still learning?  Factory fit/finish on this truck is lacking and is the worst new truck I've ever took delivery of.  Ride is fine, no rattles or other odd noises.  

2000 miles on 22 tremor. Mechanically good so far but doors misaligned terribly and rear bumper as well. Love my truck but fit and finish with paint flaws is puzzling considering it’s a $90k vehicle and a carryover model except the interior tweaks. Dealership next week for attempted adjustments. Anxious!

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 5:22 PM, d232799 said:

Got my 5th Superduty, 4th King Ranch F350 just over a month ago.  My first impressions:

Love my King Ranch seats,  the new interior is really a major step above my 2015 KR F350, well done indeed.

10 Speed is sweet and its terrific going up and down the gears,  my truck has the 4.30 rear gears.

The 7.3L is the best motor I've owned,  mileage is the same as in my 2015 with the 6.2L,  but I Iive in the mountains and this truck has 650 miles so far.

Brakes are questionable,  recent hard braking due to a deer in the road caused this truck to pull hard right.  After some other trials I find the right front brake is tight

but the left front didn't seem to grab at all.  The rear end also tried to rotate me out to the left.  Wonder if I need to bleed them?

Exterior trim is very well done,  I live in snow country and think it'll be nicer to clean off.

DSC05087.JPG

Mine pulls hard right on hard braking too

Took delivery Aug 2nd, 2022 Lariat 6.7.  After 1000 miles to break in the engine, we towed the trailer from Texas to Michigan and back.  The odometer has 5500 miles on it.  The ten speed shifts are almost unnoticed, unless you have your foot in it.  Tracks and brakes straight.  City mileage is 15-16, highway at 65 is 24, highway at 75 is 22. Not bad for a diesel?  

Really like the lane change warning is adjustable for the trailer length. The 12" screen is very nice.  The connected nav will drain an iPhone if not plugged in.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 6:44 PM, Rivercityjeff said:

Took delivery Aug 2nd, 2022 Lariat 6.7.  After 1000 miles to break in the engine, we towed the trailer from Texas to Michigan and back.  The odometer has 5500 miles on it.  The ten speed shifts are almost unnoticed, unless you have your foot in it.  Tracks and brakes straight.  City mileage is 15-16, highway at 65 is 24, highway at 75 is 22. Not bad for a diesel?  

Really like the lane change warning is adjustable for the trailer length. The 12" screen is very nice.  The connected nav will drain an iPhone if not plugged in.

Is your truck two or four wheel drive, I have a one in order and am curious about fuel mileage?

I really hope I get a well-made truck.  I have been nervous about this due to all the difficulties there seems to be in production right now.  I am a die-hard ford fan, but some of the responses in this thread also confirm a youtube video I recently saw of a guy who had a f450 platinum or limited....Sticker around $100K.  He showed a video of misaligned doors, rattling interior trim, and the red stitching on the dash above steering wheel was well outside of the groove it was supposed to be in.  The console had a large permanent dent in the cushion. It looked absolutely terrible.  He complained about the quality of the leather seats how it was not soft to the touch, and I admit, it looked only mediocre. I know Ford has often been criticized in the past for lacking in interior quality and fit/finish compared to their competitors, but this was grossly negligent quality control (especially the red stitching 1/8" out of the track it was supposed to be in).  The dealer addressed some of the issues, but the customer had to address some of the others.  I would expect perfection in a $100K luxury pickup.   I ordered an XLT and I understand the interior will be less luxurious than upper trims, but there still shouldn't be any rattles or misaligned panels and trims.

So after taking reciept in mid July, my truck has been running awesome.  There was nothing wrong with the paint, body alignment interior or anything that could be found.  I have been all over it top to bottom and I still have a smile everytim I drive it.  Shifting is smooth and the clarity of the 12" screen is so much better than my last truck.

What make me wonder about all these other issues I am seeing is... my truck was built the second day the 22s went into production and I wonder if Ford was looking harder at QC during that period than they are now?  I also wonder if having the shift start and get shut down and the start up again isn't leading to some hard feelings on the assembly line... and the owner are seeing the results of that.

Either way, I am so grateful for my truck and honestly love everything about it.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 7:45 AM, MI173 said:

Is your truck two or four wheel drive, I have a one in order and am curious about fuel mileage?

I have a 22 F350 SRW 6.7 with 4x4, I’m getting a combined 16.7mpg right now with mostly city roads and highways not a ton of interstate driving. Took delivery 8/9 and have just over 2k miles. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, d232799 said:

DSC05087.JPG

Any interior pictures you could share?

I have a DRW king Ranch on order and would like to see the interior.

On 9/23/2021 at 7:07 PM, Gadget said:

What make me wonder about all these other issues I am seeing is... my truck was built the second day the 22s went into production and I wonder if Ford was looking harder at QC during that period than they are now?  I also wonder if having the shift start and get shut down and the start up again isn't leading to some hard feelings on the assembly line... and the owner are seeing the results of that.

Nope.  Mine was built the same day as yours.  Missing interior trim, bent bed and scratched cab corner where the bad made contact during assembly, delamination of the drivers window glass.  The QC person must've took a break after yours rolled through.  One would think a Ford worker would see a loaded Lariat supercab coming down the line and think "think isn't your average work truck", but I guess a truck is a truck if they can bone up Platinum worse.  At least it runs and drives.  Had this truck since mid-August and Ford still hasn't fixed one thing.  

Edited by bshort

Well so far in a week I have put 35 miles on the truck...? I have gone over mine with a fine-tooth comb looking for anything wrong so I can address it quickly but so far I have not been able to find one stitch loose or even a loose bolt in the engine compartment, body or underneath.

In the few short miles I have driven this everything seems to be great but time will tell. 

My Chevy truck has a 411 rear end and I thought that was a tall gear. The 4.30 in first gear in 4 low reminds me of the old granny gears back in the day on the old manual gearboxes.

Even in 2 wheel drive with the 430 you have to be real real real easy on the throttle in gravel or she will send rocks slinging.

With mine I could not be happier! although now I need some running boards because I have to pull myself into the truck with the pillar handle.

I will start fabricating some of those in a couple weeks I guess.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:33 AM, 22F250 said:

2000 miles on 22 tremor. Mechanically good so far but doors misaligned terribly and rear bumper as well. Love my truck but fit and finish with paint flaws is puzzling considering it’s a $90k vehicle and a carryover model except the interior tweaks. Dealership next week for attempted adjustments. Anxious!

I can happily report the trip to the dealer was a success. all adjustments done and looking good. shout out to Bartow Ford and having a great team of people that treat you and your truck with the care that seems to have all but disappeared in modern times.

1 hour ago, 22F250 said:

I can happily report the trip to the dealer was a success. all adjustments done and looking good. shout out to Bartow Ford and having a great team of people that treat you and your truck with the care that seems to have all but disappeared in modern times.

Congratulations on a successful resolution to the repairs and adjustments needed on your new vehicle! And congratulations to Bartow Ford for providing the customer satisfaction experience that all Dealers should provide!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Congratulations on a successful resolution to the repairs and adjustments needed on your new vehicle! And congratulations to Bartow Ford for providing the customer satisfaction experience that all Dealers should provide!

Great to see a dealer doing right!  Mine hasn't done anything, yet calls to ask that I give them great comments on the surveys Ford send out.  I didn't, so they called to ask that I give them great reviews on the follow-up survey.  I asked for the repairs promised during delivery of the truck and they replied, "Uh, yeah....the parts are on the way..so please give us a positive review."  Hahahah.  They'll get a review when the job is complete, or just before the survey expires.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bshort said:

Great to see a dealer doing right!  Mine hasn't done anything, yet calls to ask that I give them great comments on the surveys Ford send out.  I didn't, so they called to ask that I give them great reviews on the follow-up survey.  I asked for the repairs promised during delivery of the truck and they replied, "Uh, yeah....the parts are on the way..so please give us a positive review."  Hahahah.  They'll get a review when the job is complete, or just before the survey expires.  

I bought mine 4 hours from home for many reasons all related to the handful of local dealers. first problem was they didn't want to take my order back in mid march and acted ignorant to the order books being open (thanks Ice Capades for that info) and second was price. 2-5k over msrp before the inventory really fell off. I also drove the 4 hours each way for the work to be done because the dealers once again acted like I was asking too much to have my doors look halfway decent on a 90k truck and how dare I complain about a crooked bumper. enough and sorry for the mini rant. 

• Like 1

Love my 2021.  So much so, I have a 2022 on order.  7.3/4.30 Lariat Ultimate Tremor.  That combo is a towing beast and the mileage is very reasonable.  2022 is Atlas Blue.  Similar to my '21 except I wanted AS which I had to drop. ? Just waiting for it to be scheduled!  

• 5 weeks later...

from The Ford site - Standard for 2022 King Ranch - 

Standard

• Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Pedals—Power adjustable
  • Pedals—Power-Adjustable with Memory Open image overlay for Pedals—Power-Adjustable with Memory
  • Cruise control
  • Dash-top tray
  • Floor Covering - color coordinated carpet
  • Floor Mats - color coordinated carpet (includes rear mats on SuperCab and Crew Cab)
  • Grab handles - driver and front passenger and roof ride handles; front passenger (also over rear doors with Crew Cab)
  • Headliner – color coordinated cloth
  • Instrument panel - 8” LCD Productivity Screen Open image overlay for Instrument panel - 8” LCD Productivity Screen
  • Power Equipment - accessory delay
  • Power Equipment - Power door locks and windows
  • Two (2) Powerpoint in instrument panel
  • Two (2) Powerpoint in rear side of Flow-through Console
  • 1 USB and 1 USB-C Port in Lower Center Console
  • 100-volt/400-watt dash-mounted outlet Open image overlay for 100-volt/400-watt dash-mounted outlet
  • 100-volt/400-watt outlet in rear side of flow-through Console
  • Wireless Charging Pad Open image overlay for Wireless Charging Pad

I have had mine for 3 weeks and 1500 miles.  Only negative that I have to report is that I have a grinding noise on deceleration going through 4th gear and it's been happening since 200 miles.  There is a thread over on ford-trucks with several other people having the same.  I'm in line at the dealer to get it looked at, but they haven't called and asked for it yet.

Edited by cmk1981