Thoughts after 30 days

d232799

I've got 600 miles on mine and nearly a month. 2022 F350 with the 7.3. I have no problem with it, although the tonneau cover leaks at the moment. I haven't mentioned it to the dealership yet, as they just installed the winch that was part of the order.

The winch was installed at the dealership, after some confusion. They ended up not charging me for installation, although I had to order and install a compatible license plate holder. My dealership is fantastic, especially after coming from a Jeep (which I still have). The winch changes the feel of the truck quite a bit. It's my third winch, and each time it takes me by surprise how the handling is effected. The winch hook also tends to deform and pop out the plastic trim in the front, so I'll be adding a flatlink from Factor 55.

I love the power, how it shifts, and don't feel I've really put my foot into it fully. Gas mileage is shockingly bad, but my solution is driving it less.

I ordered Bilstein 4600 shocks, as the ride quality is less than great. I'll buy Morimoto LED headlights in a couple months, since the halogens are pretty sad.  I've added running boards, a BedRug, and I've got the parts for a ham radio project in a box. Great truck so far.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 10:14 PM, Blackdiamond925 said:

I've got 600 miles on mine and nearly a month. 2022 F350 with the 7.3. I have no problem with it, although the tonneau cover leaks at the moment. I haven't mentioned it to the dealership yet, as they just installed the winch that was part of the order.

The winch was installed at the dealership, after some confusion. They ended up not charging me for installation, although I had to order and install a compatible license plate holder. My dealership is fantastic, especially after coming from a Jeep (which I still have). The winch changes the feel of the truck quite a bit. It's my third winch, and each time it takes me by surprise how the handling is effected. The winch hook also tends to deform and pop out the plastic trim in the front, so I'll be adding a flatlink from Factor 55.

I love the power, how it shifts, and don't feel I've really put my foot into it fully. Gas mileage is shockingly bad, but my solution is driving it less.

I ordered Bilstein 4600 shocks, as the ride quality is less than great. I'll buy Morimoto LED headlights in a couple months, since the halogens are pretty sad.  I've added running boards, a BedRug, and I've got the parts for a ham radio project in a box. Great truck so far.

For the front plate, was there a Ford part that worked, or were you left on your own to find an aftermarket?  Thanks!

On 9/19/2021 at 6:25 PM, Mbrooks44 said:

I assume no wireless charging or it’s not good enough?

Nope.  In this day and age, the Lariat is a well equipped but, the Value package is mid level trim.  Had no need for a sunroof.  

Really like the auto bright headlights and lane change that "knows" when the trailer is attached.

Edited by Rivercityjeff

On 9/23/2021 at 6:45 AM, MI173 said:

Is your truck two or four wheel drive, I have a one in order and am curious about fuel mileage?

2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 4X4 HCTT Mileage:

14-16 around town

up to 22 on the highway/tollroad at 75+ mph

up to 24 on US highways at 65 mph

13.6 average towing loaded 6,000 pound trailer for 3500 miles.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:33 AM, 22F250 said:

2000 miles on 22 tremor. Mechanically good so far but doors misaligned terribly and rear bumper as well. Love my truck but fit and finish with paint flaws is puzzling considering it’s a $90k vehicle and a carryover model except the interior tweaks. Dealership next week for attempted adjustments. Anxious!

Doors on my 17 & 19 were misaligned from factory as well. I only had my 22 in my possession for half a day before I took it back to have grinding sound in drivetrain on deceleration looked at (in the shop 59 days now) - so not sure if it had fully aligned doors or not. Replacement 22 should be built anytime if it hasn't already. 

Edited by txsd6.2

• 2 weeks later...

OK...just joined tonight. Don't have 30 days yet...but just one week.  Just wanted to make a few comments and ask a few questions.  I traded in my 2017 with 92,000.  It was a GREAT truck.  After picking up and driving my 2022 F-250 HD for a week...here are a few rants and some raves.  1. Pissed that they took away the lighted Platinum on the door sills.  Looked super cool...can't be that much money Ford to keep them.  2. Only ONE color for ambient lighting...OK...but dammit...you took the lighted rings OUT of the bottom of the two front cup holders.  NOTHING shines down on this from the roof...so you can't see the dam cup holder at night.  Speaking of the cup holders...and I think I saw mention of this somewhere in the last few years...but the HARD plastic pieces in the cup holders do not let you put a styrofoam  cup in there without the possibility of breaking it when you pull it out.  I know these are MINOR things that just piss me off....but WHY FORD...why??  3. Also....on first drive from the dealer to home...I noticed it rides a bit bouncier/rougher than my 2017.  Both are stock with the same tires. Could it be because they don't put the Rancho branded shocks on the FX4 package any longer? Just the black shocks.   Soooo....what would be my best option for after market shocks.  Never had to get any for the 17 so just curious what is the go to now for replacement.  Rancho, Bilstein, Fox...others?  Any input would be appreciated.

Overall, truck is about the same, LOVE the new screen.  Seats feel a "bit" softer and the interior nice and about the same as the 17.  Don't beat me up too bad on the little things...because sometimes the little things fix the big things....LOL

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on new shocks.

Ken

11 hours ago, kenv said:

Speaking of the cup holders...and I think I saw mention of this somewhere in the last few years...but the HARD plastic pieces in the cup holders do not let you put a styrofoam  cup in there without the possibility of breaking it when you pull it out.  I know these are MINOR things that just piss me off....but WHY FORD...why?? 

There is a slider on top of the console cup holder that will slide towards the driver and give you 4 cup holders.  The ones on the left don't have the grippers in them

Road Turtle...true....but then I loose my storage for wallet, keys, etc when it is slid over to the left.  But you are correct....if does help if a drive through gives me a styrofoam cup...which it seems has been happening a lot lately with the supply shortages.....LOL