Steering stabilizer

Texas250

I leveled my 2022 (2.5”) front,

just curious if anyone has done this and added a steering stabilizer, I did not and not sure if it would make a big difference.

I had a 2017 250 and did add the steering stabilizer when I leveled it but it definitely needed it and made a big difference.

looking forward to others opinions and experiences.

I had a 2019 F250 that I leveled. It definitely helped when I added a Fox dampener.  I was going to add it to my 21 but didn’t keep it long enough. I’ll probably add it to my 22 when I get it, my 19 and 21 both seemed to wander a little with the stock dampener. 

3 hours ago, MI173 said:

I had a 2019 F250 that I leveled. It definitely helped when I added a Fox dampener.  I was going to add it to my 21 but didn’t keep it long enough. I’ll probably add it to my 22 when I get it, my 19 and 21 both seemed to wander a little with the stock dampener. 

Did you install a single Fox dampener replacing the stock or a dual Fox dampener kit? I was looking into getting a dual, but if just the stock replacement to a fox is good enough then I might give that a try first.

I went with the single, through style 2.0. There was a noticeable difference on stock sized tires. I am considering getting the adjustable version for my new truck, I’m going with larger tires. There was a group buy for the adjustable dampener on the Tremor forum several months ago. There might be more honest reviews over there.

• Like 1

I just got a new F250 and the steering feels a lot different than my old Raptor.  It’s definitely not as precise and I feel like a wanders a bit.  I recognize these are vastly different suspension setups, so I did not expect them to be the same, but I have to say I don’t love it.  I intend to lift the truck and use a dual steering stabilizer, so I hope that improves the wandering sensation, and tightens things up a bit. 

11 hours ago, tbone said:

Negative, it’s a Lariat with the black appearance and FX4 packages.  I opted to skip the Tremor package since I was going to lift it.  

My 22 wanders more than my 17 or 19 did. I noticed it immediately. I am starting to get use to it, but guarantee when I start towing and my wife is with me, she will be saying something?