Ford isn't scoring any points

bshort

Ordered an F250 in May and it was delivered in late August.  When the dealer received it, there were a few issues with the truck.  Missing interior trim, delaminated glass, bent bed metal, scratched cab corner and a few other minor issues.  I took delivery with the dealer's assurance that the necessary parts would be two weeks out.  I was apprehensive that the parts would be allocated for current builds, but was told they'd be expedited.  Four weeks later, nothing.  Calling Ford I get transferred to other departments, hung up on, and connected to more dead ends.  Been through customer assurance, to marketing, to corporate and back to marketing...just to wait on hold and get hung up on.  Great customer service! 

The last new Ford I purchased was 2008.  I've had a pair of 2001's, a 2003 and a 2008 that were all flawless.  Went to Toyota, Chevrolet and GMC for awhile and they were all great trucks as well.  Decided to try Ford again and that seems to be a mistake.  Ford customer service is a joke, the quality control person is blind and it appears corporate is asleep at the wheel.  

Finally got someone to answer the phone, but they were of no help whatsoever.  I had to read the vin to the lady like I was teaching the alphabet to a 4 year old.  Seriously took 4 tries for her to get it correct and I even phonetic'd the letters.  Basically put the blame back on the dealer....so now I'm stuck in a circle jerk between Ford and the dealer, with each pointing the finger at the other.  To add additional insult to injury,  I'm still having to fight to get my FordPass Rewards points.  

With all due respect, COVID is playing absolute havoc with supply chains all over.  I own a residential water treatment company, and we've been hit with supply issues from every direction - resin, tanks, chips/circuit boards, even salt.  And transport....some trucking companies are so short-staffed it's a miracle things are getting out.  My wife's 2020 Aviator was rear-ended in late August last year.  Minimal actual damage to the car, but he went UNDER the reat bumper, resulting in a twisted exhaust system, which leaked exhaust fumes into the cabin.  It sat at a local body shop until late DECEMBER, waiting on a new exhaust system from Lincoln. 

Add to that that many places are "making do" with temp workers while folks are out sick or working remotely.....it's a complete and total mess.  The wife's Aviator has been back for repairs so many times that as I write this, she's put less than 8,000 miles on the car in the 18 months we've owned it - and that includes a 1,000 mile trip right after we got it.  In normal times, I'd be all up in someone's face - but these times aren't normal....and based on my 40+ years with FOMOCO products, in normal times the situations would have been sorted out long ago, IMO.  I'm trusting enough in the product that we have a 2022 Aviator BL on order.....first year models - yeah, I knew better...lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 10:20 AM, TexasRedneck said:

With all due respect, COVID is playing absolute havoc with supply chains all over.  I own a residential water treatment company, and we've been hit with supply issues from every direction - resin, tanks, chips/circuit boards, even salt.  And transport....some trucking companies are so short-staffed it's a miracle things are getting out.  My wife's 2020 Aviator was rear-ended in late August last year.  Minimal actual damage to the car, but he went UNDER the reat bumper, resulting in a twisted exhaust system, which leaked exhaust fumes into the cabin.  It sat at a local body shop until late DECEMBER, waiting on a new exhaust system from Lincoln. 

Add to that that many places are "making do" with temp workers while folks are out sick or working remotely.....it's a complete and total mess.  The wife's Aviator has been back for repairs so many times that as I write this, she's put less than 8,000 miles on the car in the 18 months we've owned it - and that includes a 1,000 mile trip right after we got it.  In normal times, I'd be all up in someone's face - but these times aren't normal....and based on my 40+ years with FOMOCO products, in normal times the situations would have been sorted out long ago, IMO.  I'm trusting enough in the product that we have a 2022 Aviator BL on order.....first year models - yeah, I knew better...lol

Personally, I can understand the parts shortage.  Supply chains around the world have been disrupted.  Again, I understand.

However, what I do not understand is why someone at Ford has not taken the time to explain what is going on.  That shouldn't happen.  Why is the dealership pointing fingers at Ford, and vice versa.  That shouldn't happen.  Why can't the Rewards Points be correctly loaded?  That shouldn't.

Parts shortages can't be helped.  Customer service can be helped.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AtleeH said:

Personally, I can understand the parts shortage.  Supply chains around the world have been disrupted.  Again, I understand.

However, what I do not understand is why someone at Ford has not taken the time to explain what is going on.  That shouldn't happen.  Why is the dealership pointing fingers at Ford, and vice versa.  That shouldn't happen.  Why can't the Rewards Points be correctly loaded?  That shouldn't.

Parts shortages can't be helped.  Customer service can be helped.

Part of that can be answered by observing the quality of the work force, and realizing that the good employees that ARE available are doing a yeoman's job of try to minimize the bleed.  Add to that the tendency of most folks to deflect any sort of "blame", and....yeah.  I'm semi-retired, having spent a lifetime (since 3rd grade) in service/sales of one sort or another - from a family-owned hardware store where you learned to do math in your head, to years of helping customers find resolution to water issues - including NASA.  I learned long ago - own what you do (right OR wrong) - but most importantly, FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.  Most customers don't care what/how something happened - they just want it corrected and a reasonable expectation that it won't happen again.    Unfortunately, many companies (and their employees) don't subscribe to that - so the excuses and BS flows...  I don't have the inclination to get worked up about that...lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue back a number of years ago with no windsheild wipers in the winter. After several attempts to get the car in for repairs under warrantee, I parked it in front of the service entrance door and left a note under the wiper that I almost had an accident last night and if the car was not repaired today,  I would seek legal advice as it was not safe to drive.

I received a call from the dealer asking me to come unlock my car and bring it into the garage. They came to my worksite picked me up an repaired my car all before noon that day.. Also threatened to file suit if I did it again. I also received a very nice reponse from Ford (full of BS) appologizing and explaining how sometimes communications get mixed up between Dealerships and customers. I also received a strongly worded letter from the Dealers legal for my printed letter letter to the Editer of our local newspaper, which also hit the newspaper.  I have never purchased another vehicle from that dealership nor darkened their door for service. The only further correspondence has been an invition to come in and view the new model vehicles 3 years later.

On 10/19/2021 at 9:06 AM, bshort said:

59 days post-delivery and nothing......supposedly the parts have been expedited, but that was a week or so ago.  One more day until I play with the BBB autoline.  

The really sad part about your issue it that a new vehicle should be delivered to the customer with ZERO defects.

The vehicle was built new, should have been inspected by quality control employees at the plant, when received by the dealer it should have been inspected - and then a dealer service employee is PAID to do a pre-delivery inspection to ensure the vehicle is in perfect condition.

All of the employees from the plant to the dealer that didn’t do their job right should be disciplined and/or fired.

Good luck. 

• 1 month later...

There are many folks on the Raptor forum, receiving trucks with missing parts, loose bolts, different trim on one side vs the other, incorrect engine covers, thumping noises from the suspension.

Not sure how many trucks this represents, but concerning.  The suspension issues are shocks apparently, with no stock to fix for some time.  

Someone else said it... unprecedented times and supply  chains are getting pummeled right now.

I have been waiting on my truck since June 16.... hoping for a Christmas miracle at this point.

• 1 month later...

Why does Ford advertise an X Plan when some dealers won’t accept it?  I ordered a 2022 F250 lariat and was pending a vin - I cam back to town and went to the dealership to check status and discovered a 2022 F250 Platinum on the lot.  I asked about it, “this other guy ordered it and ended up getting another truck.”  I told them I’d take it and would use the same x plan pin from the initial order.  Long story short, I was not allowed to use my x plan and paid full price - I figure over $5k, not to mention a low ball trade on a 2014 Black Ops Tuscany in collectors condition for $26.5k

Ford makes the trucks, sells them to dealer and allows dealer to represent Ford - then gouges customers!  Just get rid of the x plan If Ford does not stand behind their word.

Why have an x plan then?  You should see the horrible stories on SD special orders forum about dealers - it is not good!  And - on my deal, the dealer allowed x plan on my initial order but refused it on the truck sitting in the lot “ because the other guy ordered it?”  Not trying to be crude here - just bringing attention to something that looks foul.

Edited by Capt Dave 778
Changed as to SD - typo

1 hour ago, Capt Dave 778 said:

Why have an x plan then?  You should see the horrible stories on SD special orders forum about dealers - it is not good!  And - on my deal, the dealer allowed x plan on my initial order but refused it on the truck sitting in the lot “ because the other guy ordered it?”  Not trying to be crude here - just bringing attention to something that looks foul.

For the millionth time - because dealers are independent businesses and it’s illegal for Ford to force dealers to sell a vehicle for a specific price.  All they can do is offer it.  Nothing foul about it.  It was common before Covid for dealers to only offer it on special orders because they can sell what they have in stock for a higher price.   But normally you could easily get it on all but the highest demand special vehicles like Raptors.

And as Fuzzy pointed out Ford doesn’t advertise x plan.

Well Howdy, looks like I may have struck a nerve and I’d bet this string could go on forever - so you can have the last word, after this…tell that to the customers speaking out on media forum’s.  I’m not making this up and with covid marketing customers are taking notice to little things like admin fees and plans not honored.  Now, ford corp. may not have say over final MSRP or Ford Plan policy - but Ford owns the trademark.  And buddy that’s what we customers remember.  So peeing down my back and telling me it’s raining is not working.

Safe Travels and adios 

35 minutes ago, Capt Dave 778 said:

Well Howdy, looks like I may have struck a nerve and I’d bet this string could go on forever - so you can have the last word, after this…tell that to the customers speaking out on media forum’s.  I’m not making this up and with covid marketing customers are taking notice to little things like admin fees and plans not honored.  Now, ford corp. may not have say over final MSRP or Ford Plan policy - but Ford owns the trademark.  And buddy that’s what we customers remember.  So peeing down my back and telling me it’s raining is not working.

Safe Travels and adios 

You hit a nerve because A) this has been discussed over and over and over and B) Ford doesn’t control what dealers do or don’t do.  They don’t want pissed off customers but most understand the situation.  Seems like you’re just mad that you couldn’t wait for your original order and willingly paid the markup to get one now and now you just want to bitch about it.

And in case you’re confused about who we are, this is a private website not owned by or affiliated with Ford and the moderators don’t work for Ford.  We’re just Ford fans and enthusiasts (and one dealership employee) trying to explain how the system works.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

My issue with Ford is the lack of communication. I ordered my original raptor in June of 21 right when the first order banks opened up. I was second in line for a 37 PP and the truck sat unscheduled clean the entire time. Then i had to reorder with a different dealership for a 22. No problem, i'll continue to wait for what i want. 

Now i'm probably a couple days from the truck being delivered but I have found out that Ford changed the blue interior back to a Black/Blue interior. Of course, Ford never told anyone of the change, never changed the price of the Blue interior pkg. The other issue with the raptors is we ordered them sight unseen back in June 21. How was anyone going to know about the interior color change without communication from Ford. Honestly, i'm bummed about the blue interior, it looks better all blue. The black/blue looks like a Gen 2 raptor interior

On 10/4/2021 at 9:01 AM, TexasRedneck said:

Part of that can be answered by observing the quality of the work force, and realizing that the good employees that ARE available are doing a yeoman's job of try to minimize the bleed.  Add to that the tendency of most folks to deflect any sort of "blame", and....yeah.  I'm semi-retired, having spent a lifetime (since 3rd grade) in service/sales of one sort or another - from a family-owned hardware store where you learned to do math in your head, to years of helping customers find resolution to water issues - including NASA.  I learned long ago - own what you do (right OR wrong) - but most importantly, FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.  Most customers don't care what/how something happened - they just want it corrected and a reasonable expectation that it won't happen again.    Unfortunately, many companies (and their employees) don't subscribe to that - so the excuses and BS flows...  I don't have the inclination to get worked up about that...lol

Maybe they are more concerned with the shareholders than being transparent with those of us with open orders and service issues. Poor job of managing expectations.