"Scheduled Clean" No Restraints

SFSTROKER

My truck was ordered 3/22 and has had a VIN and a "scheduled clean" status for many many weeks now. I've had build weeks from August and now into November.  I ordered a Lariat Tremor with most options available including AS.  We all see that trucks with AS are not being scheduled(with the exception of King Ranch) but my dealer insists that my truck is going to be built this go around based on conversation with the regional rep!!!  I guess my question is, what does "Scheduled Clean" actually mean in fords eyes? Dealer indicates the hold up is not lack of parts as it is 'Scheduled Clean"  Just thought I would see what opinions or answers some of you may/may not have.

Thanks in advance

12 hours ago, SFSTROKER said:

My truck was ordered 3/22 and has had a VIN and a "scheduled clean" status for many many weeks now. I've had build weeks from August and now into November.  I ordered a Lariat Tremor with most options available including AS.  We all see that trucks with AS are not being scheduled(with the exception of King Ranch) but my dealer insists that my truck is going to be built this go around based on conversation with the regional rep!!!  I guess my question is, what does "Scheduled Clean" actually mean in fords eyes? Dealer indicates the hold up is not lack of parts as it is 'Scheduled Clean"  Just thought I would see what opinions or answers some of you may/may not have.

Thanks in advance

You have a VIN number and a scheduled build week. That's all that matters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bshort said:

Actually being built.  He's had build weeks scheduled from August through November.  

The dealer doesn’t build it, Ford does.  Ford determines the scheduled build dates.  Therefore the dealer isn’t lying if they’re relaying the correct information from Ford.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Commodity restraints apply to unscheduled orders only. 

@ice-capades if not commodity restraints, what causes an order that is scheduled to get moved to another date? I went from an original scheduled date of 9/27 then moved to 10/18 then to 10/11. I assumed they realized they didn’t have some of the gadgets they needed for my build. Just curious. Trying to understand what I can of a very complex system.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

The dealer doesn’t build it, Ford does.  Ford determines the scheduled build dates.  Therefore the dealer isn’t lying if they’re relaying the correct information from Ford.

Obviously, but if a dealer tells you "my inside source tells me it will be built next week and Ford doesn't build it next week, would you say the dealer is just blowing smoke or........

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1TonOFun said:

@ice-capades if not commodity restraints, what causes an order that is scheduled to get moved to another date? I went from an original scheduled date of 9/27 then moved to 10/18 then to 10/11. I assumed they realized they didn’t have some of the gadgets they needed for my build. Just curious. Trying to understand what I can of a very complex system.

The scheduling system is a mess, in particular for 2022MY Super Duty orders, thanks to the microchip shortage issues, interrupted plant schedules, etc. Unfortunately, there is no easy answer and Ford is providing any information to their Dealers about the situation. Commodity restraints apply to unscheduled orders only but scheduled order production dates are getting pushed back for no apparent reason. Whether it's microchip supply issues and scheduled production dates being adjusted or supplier issues is anyone's guess.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bshort said:

Obviously, but if a dealer tells you "my inside source tells me it will be built next week and Ford doesn't build it next week, would you say the dealer is just blowing smoke or........

The best information source for a Dealer is the Vehicle Visibility system. It's updated 24/7 and has the most recent status information available. Forget a Dealer referencing an inside source. Ask for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility Report. Then you'll have the same information the Dealer has. 

I have been in " unscheduled clean" status for several weeks now, but I see @ice-capades newest scheduling info shows no availability on both spray in bedliner or tonneau cover. I  could go without tonneau and buy locally, but spray in bedliner is a must as there is no place closer than 2 hours away to get that done. Looks like no chance of good news for me this week again! Thanks for keeping us updated ice-capades. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, ice-capades said:

The best information source for a Dealer is the Vehicle Visibility system. It's updated 24/7 and has the most recent status information available. Forget a Dealer referencing an inside source. Ask for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility Report. Then you'll have the same information the Dealer has. 

When I asked my dealership for the VVR. He told me to look on ford's website for the dealer? Idk, I'm getting highly annoyed that I'm the one that's gotta keep calling and asking with 0 communication coming via email or dealer. I have yet to receive 1 email.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, awmolq said:

When I asked my dealership for the VVR. He told me to look on ford's website for the dealer? Idk, I'm getting highly annoyed that I'm the one that's gotta keep calling and asking with 0 communication coming via email or dealer. I have yet to receive 1 email.

Your Dealer told you to look at Ford's website? Only Dealers and Ford employees have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility Report, via the FMCDealer.com portal. Make your Dealer do their job and provide you with the information you require. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1