Red light on Tachometer that stays on.. 2013 GT

hafferf

Howdy Folks!!.... As you can see, I've not been up here for a while. I moved away from my 2019 Ranger because I was tired of the high payments. Now my payments are 250 piasters lower ;>))) I bought a 2013 Ford Mustang GT. with low mileage. There are a few things to iron out (Used cars generally have a few problems) But the thing that really bites is a red light on my right side instrument gauge tachometer,  It sets between 7 and 8 grand near the center of the dial. It is rectangular on its side with what looks like 2 short legs pointed to the left as you look at it. Now when I just took it over to a Ford dealer, the service writer didn't know what it was. It is not in the operator's manual. He tried to tell me it was the over-rev for the engine. Now, I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, but somebody needs to stay away from the "Whoopie" tobacco. I've never seen a Tach like that. The red warning is usually over by the numbers, not at the next to the center of the dial. And besides, it stays on ALL the time. It only shuts off when the ignition is turned off. Turn on the key and there it is. I suppose I should have taken a photo, but you'll have to forgive me.... The "'60s were kind to me... ;>))) Anyway, that is something that most folks would remember if seen before.

Then also there is a 6 speed that doesn't like me. I haven't had a floor shift since the '90s. But that is another question for next time. You should have seen me trying to find the reverse. Any reply will definitely be appreciated.

Be Well

Fred

17 hours ago, hafferf said:

Howdy Folks!!.... As you can see, I've not been up here for a while. I moved away from my 2019 Ranger because I was tired of the high payments. Now my payments are 250 piasters lower ;>))) I bought a 2013 Ford Mustang GT. with low mileage. There are a few things to iron out (Used cars generally have a few problems) But the thing that really bites is a red light on my right side instrument gauge tachometer,  It sets between 7 and 8 grand near the center of the dial. It is rectangular on its side with what looks like 2 short legs pointed to the left as you look at it. Now when I just took it over to a Ford dealer, the service writer didn't know what it was. It is not in the operator's manual. He tried to tell me it was the over-rev for the engine. Now, I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, but somebody needs to stay away from the "Whoopie" tobacco. I've never seen a Tach like that. The red warning is usually over by the numbers, not at the next to the center of the dial. And besides, it stays on ALL the time. It only shuts off when the ignition is turned off. Turn on the key and there it is. I suppose I should have taken a photo, but you'll have to forgive me.... The "'60s were kind to me... ;>))) Anyway, that is something that most folks would remember if seen before.

Then also there is a 6 speed that doesn't like me. I haven't had a floor shift since the '90s. But that is another question for next time. You should have seen me trying to find the reverse. Any reply will definitely be appreciated.

Be Well

Fred

Hi Fred. This sub-forum is for the "GT (Ford SuperCar)". The Ford GT is a several hundred thousand dollar (minimum...lol) "SuperCar" with no relation to the Mustang/Mustang GT.

There is a "Mustang & Shelby" sub-forum dedicated to the various Mustang models. You may want to re-post your question in that "Mustang & Shelby" sub-forum, where it will probably get more looks from other Mustang owners who may be able to help you better.

EDIT- I also took a quick look at your Owners Manual and the Quick Reference Guide. My Internet guess is your Service Writer was not far off. I believe it is the engine/tachometer "redline". Not a warning light or over-rev light, but the actual engine "redline". Which is why it is always lit/visible. The tachometer "redline" needs to always be visible.

Yes, I agree that "redlines" are usually out by the tach numbers, but in this case, it is where it is.

Again, this is my Internet/Owners Quick Reference Guide guess.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530