Official Ford Bronco RAPTOR tease!

fordmantpw:

Goes to cancel 2022 Super Duty order.

Then realizes he can't tow a fifth wheel with a Bronco.

Goes to cry in the corner because he can't afford both.

Then realizes there is an option, so he tries (again) to convince the wife to sell the fifth wheel and buy a Class A and tow a Bronco behind it.

Fails again, so sticks with his Super Duty order, because, you know, a Super Duty is pretty damn cool itself!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1

this is SO frustrating from the dealership level...for basically a year plus we have been inundated with Bronco inquiries and fielding rather abrasive phone calls regarding basically a substandard release, and now they throw out a special edition, and to make it worse,  broadcast the crap out of it. Now Im getting bombarded with e-mails of people wanting to cancel their initial orders and reserve a "Warthog"...now I have to relay that this unit , unlike the regular Bronco...WILL be sold much like a Raptor itself...ie read Addendum. Thanks Ford....how about you focus fully on getting the mainstream product release handled more proficiently rather than throwing constant friggen curve balls....this should have been put on the backburner until you get more pressing issues handled. Watch...2022 release will ALSO be delayed significantly...GRRRRR.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

this is SO frustrating from the dealership level...for basically a year plus we have been inundated with Bronco inquiries and fielding rather abrasive phone calls regarding basically a substandard release, and now they throw out a special edition, and to make it worse,  broadcast the crap out of it. Now Im getting bombarded with e-mails of people wanting to cancel their initial orders and reserve a "Warthog"...now I have to relay that this unit , unlike the regular Bronco...WILL be sold much like a Raptor itself...ie read Addendum. Thanks Ford....how about you focus fully on getting the mainstream product release handled more proficiently rather than throwing constant friggen curve balls....this should have been put on the backburner until you get more pressing issues handled. Watch...2022 release will ALSO be delayed significantly...GRRRRR.

You've stated it yourself-people are impatient!

The issues Ford is having with the launch is completely different from launching new product that has been in the work for the past 2-4 years. 

Just tell your customers that it won't be out for at least another year and leave it at that. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Maybe they'll do another trim? 

Some have thought maybe they could do Raptor in the high speed desert running, and then another more rock-crawling oriented model.

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Yeah, I was shocked it's a '22, I thought for sure it'd be a '23, partially for the reasons you point out.

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I was shocked it's a '22, I thought for sure it'd be a '23, partially for the reasons you point out.

I'm thinking its a 22MY because I have a feeling that the production year will last till November 22. I'm guessing the Bronco will have a short year at some point to get back on the regular release schedule. 

33 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

You've stated it yourself-people are impatient!

The issues Ford is having with the launch is completely different from launching new product that has been in the work for the past 2-4 years. 

Just tell your customers that it won't be out for at least another year and leave it at that. 

Theres patience and then theres  P      A    T    I    E     N    C   E....( if you get my drift )  mark my words...the Maverick will be screwed up as well...Fords falling over themselves releasing new product without handling whats already in the pipeline first,,,,,,,every release they seem completely unprepared, yes theres being extenuating circumstances BUT....( * don't get me wrong I LOVE new product , but their handling of it is like Amateur hour and Im sincerely getting tired of spending multitudes of hours tap dancing answering legitimate queries )

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm thinking its a 22MY because I have a feeling that the production year will last till November 22. I'm guessing the Bronco will have a short year at some point to get back on the regular release schedule. 

Counterpoint is that all it says is "Coming 2022" - doesn't specify what model year it is.  It could be shown in '22CY available late as a '23MY.  I'm just speculating, though.

----

From the images we can see it has more squared fenders/flares.  The front flare is also wider than the regular models - it remains to be seen how this squarer flare opening will be handled at the rear door - I can't see them making a unique door for one model, so I'm guessing they'll "hide" it via the same squared flare and adding some cladding on the door itself to hide the rounded door cut.

8 hours ago, Deanh said:

Theres patience and then theres  P      A    T    I    E     N    C   E....( if you get my drift )  mark my words...the Maverick will be screwed up as well...Fords falling over themselves releasing new product without handling whats already in the pipeline first,,,,,,,every release they seem completely unprepared, yes theres being extenuating circumstances BUT....( * don't get me wrong I LOVE new product , but their handling of it is like Amateur hour and Im sincerely getting tired of spending multitudes of hours tap dancing answering legitimate queries )

Don't forget they are planning to throw a re-designed Ranger down the same assembly line as the Bronco later in 2022. I hope it all works out.

• Like 1

Here is one that I know a few on here know but most likely can’t say. What’s the powertrain(s)?

Its been written that it at minimum gets the Explorer ST engine ( most likely a higher HP tune). However, fairly certain we saw a hybrid powertrain in a test vehicle. The Aviator GT powertrain would easily fit too.

So the question becomes, ST or GT?

16 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

So much for the Warthog name LOL

Three years ago, there was talk of combining the Raptor engineering

modules across  the three T6s so that development costs were less 

Brrrttt belongs with  Ernie on Sesame Street…..

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

I should have worded that differently because assembly itself is not an issue. Basically I was just saying that adds more to the complexity on top of everything else going on along with additional Bronco models.

Thing to remember about Ford, it embraces complexity when it suits their ends….higher profits from high series models.

9 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

I should have worded that differently because assembly itself is not an issue. Basically I was just saying that adds more to the complexity on top of everything else going on along with additional Bronco models.

How is much different then its currently now? Sheetmetal is sheetmetal. Somethings will change like adding a hybird or V6 to the Ranger, but its not an assembly line issue...its a major end item on the Bronco is that has thrown a wrench into production of it and shortages of some items. 

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

Now Farley is talking about selling the Bronco in Europe. With satisfying demand here years away, how the hell does that make sense?

That idea is years away if anything.  They have to plan ahead, and can do that while simultaneously handling current issues.  They can't just stop planning ahead because they're having issues now.

I feel like it'd do better in Australia rather than Europe.

• Like 1