Official Ford Bronco RAPTOR tease!

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

That idea is years away if anything.  They have to plan ahead, and can do that while simultaneously handling current issues.  They can't just stop planning ahead because they're having issues now.

I feel like it'd do better in Australia rather than Europe.

Apparently the engineers doing R&D are supposed to twiddle their thumbs doing nothing while other people sort out the production issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, akirby said:

Apparently the engineers doing R&D are supposed to twiddle their thumbs doing nothing while other people sort out the production issues.

Apparently people have no clue as to how the automotive industry works either...I bet those same people are pissed off that they are working on the refresh that will include a hybrid and other things now, so it can release in 2024 or so. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, akirby said:

I can agree with that...but it doesn't quell the amount of people pi$$ed off their vehicle is sitting waiting for a chip or such , whilst a plethora of new product gets released does it?...kind of a double edged sword if you ask me....the Maverick amongst other product, will be arriving before people that have had their retail orders in the bank for 9 plus months....its almost a "screw you" youre in the bank were moving on...and believe me, that's been relayed to me more than once over the phone...

15 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I can agree with that...but it doesn't quell the amount of people pi$$ed off their vehicle is sitting waiting for a chip or such , whilst a plethora of new product gets released does it?...kind of a double edged sword if you ask me....the Maverick amongst other product, will be arriving before people that have had their retail orders in the bank for 9 plus months....its almost a "screw you" youre in the bank were moving on...and believe me, that's been relayed to me more than once over the phone...

People are just assholes and 90% of the time people just complain to complain on the internet. Its a bitchfest at Bronco6G 95% of the time. its tiring.

Its almost like medical care-hey this higher priory person got in before me in the ER, but I was here first with a broken toe or something stupid like that!  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

I totally get the frustration - heck, I'm one of them that's waiting for a '23 - but I guess I'm also far more aware than the average customer.  I realize they can't just stop developing and announcing new product because of existing backlogs.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

People are just assholes and 90% of the time people just complain to complain on the internet. Its a bitchfest at Bronco6G 95% of the time. its tiring.

Its almost like medical care-hey this higher priory person got in before me in the ER, but I was here first with a broken toe or something stupid like that!  

Oh yeah, I only browse a few threads over there anymore.

The Raptor thread over there is 34 pages long.  I'm not going to count, but I'd bet it'd only be about 6-8 pages long if all the "WHERES MY BRONCO?" posts were removed.

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

Sure it seems that way to the average buyer, but that’s not necessarily the case.  E.g. the holdup on a lot of Superduty orders is adaptive steering which I dont think is even available on Maverick.

If you stop R&D and future models then you’re just pissing off a different group.   I believe they will have enough chips to build all retail orders regardless of model once we get past this current phase.  Then it shouldn’t be an issue.

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

that said a lot of the complaints are pretty legit....hell, Ill use myself as an example...how come all this new stuff is getting released whilst my RETAIL ORDER is sitting waiting for a chip?...do these new releases not use chips at all? the car was ordered 8 months ago.....eta is Oct 31...Ill believe THAT when it happens....in the interim its kinda ironic Im using my own story to talk customers, in a similar situation , back from the ledge...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Complaining about people complaining.  Typical Internet.   I understand both sides of it.  I have a Bronco on order (actually 2), but am in a position where I can afford to wait so both are on hold and waiting for 2022 and 2023 model years.  I’d be upset as well if my Bronco was built and sitting on a random lot for 4 or 5 months.  It’s really unprecedented if you think about it.  All because of a design/production issue that planning and testing could have prevented.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Complaining about people complaining.  Typical Internet.   I understand both sides of it.  I have a Bronco on order (actually 2), but am in a position where I can afford to wait so both are on hold and waiting for 2022 and 2023 model years.  I’d be upset as well if my Bronco was built and sitting on a random lot for 4 or 5 months.  It’s really unprecedented if you think about it.  All because of a design/production issue that planning and testing could have prevented.  

and then to watch other product arrive and be delivered that was ordered MONTHS after your vehicle was ordered....yep..just a tad frustrating....shoot...Ive had Wheels and tires in Parts for close to 4 months....lol

11 minutes ago, Deanh said:

and then to watch other product arrive and be delivered that was ordered MONTHS after your vehicle was ordered....yep..just a tad frustrating....shoot...Ive had Wheels and tires in Parts for close to 4 months....lol

But it may not be the same modules between different vehicles.  It’s also possible you have a different commodity issue.  It’s not just microchips.

I do agree that retail orders should get precedence for available chips based on order date across models.

13 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Correct.  Especially those Broncos that were said to be “abandoned” orders.  The games that some dealers play to get product and sell to those who have money to burn…not calling your dealer out at all Dean (some dealers are honest), but I can understand how that situation is frustrating to those customers who have been waiting for so long to have a vehicle delivered.  

21 hours ago, akirby said:

But it may not be the same modules between different vehicles.  It’s also possible you have a different commodity issue.  It’s not just microchips.

I do agree that retail orders should get precedence for available chips based on order date across models.

I know there was a sunroof shortage on the Badlands Sport...but this thing is built...head scratcher, I just hope when it arrives and I finally dial everything in Im not disappointed...hell, I haven't had any Badlands with the 2.0 to even test drive!!!!!...hmmm UPDATE....Im starting to think Fords taking my bitching to heart...delayed again basically 2 additional months...Dec 24th...bwahahahahahaha…..that will be close to 11 MONTHS from original order date....

Edited by Deanh

22 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Correct.  Especially those Broncos that were said to be “abandoned” orders.  The games that some dealers play to get product and sell to those who have money to burn…not calling your dealer out at all Dean (some dealers are honest), but I can understand how that situation is frustrating to those customers who have been waiting for so long to have a vehicle delivered.  

Im not sure if you know this 02MustangGT...I actually work at a Ford dealer, same one for over 30 years...that's what makes this even funnier....maybe I should call myself out....lol....

53 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Im not sure if you know this 02MustangGT...I actually work at a Ford dealer, same one for over 30 years...that's what makes this even funnier....maybe I should call myself out....lol....

Yep, I knew that Dean.  Like I said, unprecedented times.  Wishing you luck (sounds like you need it)!

8 hours ago, Deanh said:

At least Ford is offering you guys these products, even if it’s a long wait.

Imagine a place where this would be an easy sell yet, nada zippo interest 

in RHD customers prepared to pay a premium…..

21 hours ago, Deanh said:

I know there was a sunroof shortage on the Badlands Sport...but this thing is built...head scratcher, I just hope when it arrives and I finally dial everything in Im not disappointed...hell, I haven't had any Badlands with the 2.0 to even test drive!!!!!...hmmm UPDATE....Im starting to think Fords taking my bitching to heart...delayed again basically 2 additional months...Dec 24th...bwahahahahahaha…..that will be close to 11 MONTHS from original order date....

I wonder if you order it again if it would come any faster?! LOL

12 hours ago, jpd80 said:

At least Ford is offering you guys these products, even if it’s a long wait.

Imagine a place where this would be an easy sell yet, nada zippo interest 

in RHD customers prepared to pay a premium…..

Yeah, I'm shocked that they're supposedly considering Euro sales, and seemingly not even thinking about down under.

9 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I'm shocked that they're supposedly considering Euro sales, and seemingly not even thinking about down under.

RHD development as an afterthought is hard to justify,  even if with engineering preservation on the original design,

that means +2 years extra development time and costs not tucked under the original development.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2021 at 5:34 AM, silvrsvt said:

I wonder if you order it again if it would come any faster?! LOL

I most likely would barring theres literally zero changes ( I was holding that exact thought if there was some palette changes...ie LEADFOOT ) that entice me, let alone an over $1400 price increse...Ill just dig my heels in and be stubborn... 

Edited by Deanh

• 3 months later...

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/01/18/2023-ford-bronco-raptor-interior-spy-shots/

Bronco Raptor interior spied.

Gets the usual changes - red accents (stitching, air vent knobs, grab handles, etc), metal shift paddles on the steering wheel, additional buttons on the steering wheel (presumably for exhaust/steering wheel settings), but the big news is what appears to be a digital gauge cluster, or at the very least it's different than the regular models (unless regular ones will get this setup going forward).

Bronco_Raptor_Interior_001.jpg

Bronco_Raptor_Interior_003.jpg

Bronco_Raptor_Interior_004.jpg

• Like 1