The shipping mess is annoying AF!!

slowninja14

24 minutes ago, bshort said:

It's probably waiting on more vehicles to go to your dealer on the truck.   

The dealer has been getting 1-2 vehicles per transport that shows up.  They don't wait for a full load for 1 dealer, there are 5-6 dealerships within 30 miles of my house.  The shipping companies are short staffed and back logged.  It's just annoying though.

29 minutes ago, slowninja14 said:

The dealer has been getting 1-2 vehicles per transport that shows up.  They don't wait for a full load for 1 dealer, there are 5-6 dealerships within 30 miles of my house.  The shipping companies are short staffed and back logged.  It's just annoying though.

The car carriers are getting vehicles delivered as soon as possible. The Dealers have no control over what's getting loaded for delivery at the ramps and there are a number of factors that have to be dealt with. Grow up and stop complaining! You'd think that you're the only one waiting for a vehicle to be delivered. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The car carriers are getting vehicles delivered as soon as possible. The Dealers have no control over what's getting loaded for delivery at the ramps and there are a number of factors that have to be dealt with. Grow up and stop complaining! You'd think that you're the only one waiting for a vehicle to be delivered. 

Seems a bit unnecessary.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bshort said:

Seems a bit unnecessary.  

The inventory has to be unloaded from rail cars, transferred to the car carrier firms database and assigned to a load filled to deliver those vehicles to dealerships within a reasonable destination area. In addition, the car carrier firm has to have drivers available to inspect, load and deliver those vehicles as those drivers are responsible for damages. It's easy to say that there may be 5-6 Dealers within a 30-mile radius but unlikely that all those dealerships have vehicles at the ramp to be delivered at the same time. Also consider that, in the past year, the volume of vehicles available for delivery at the ramps has dropped substantially and many of the drivers may have taken jobs with other companies delivering non-automotive products. In normal times, it was common for dealerships to receive full or close to full loads of vehicles but these are not normal times. The OEM's and Dealers want vehicles from the factory to be received ASAP and the car carriers want to deliver those vehicles ASAP.    

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

34 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The inventory has to be unloaded from rail cars, transferred to the car carrier firms database and assigned to a load filled to deliver those vehicles to dealerships within a reasonable destination area. In addition, the car carrier firm has to have drivers available to inspect, load and deliver those vehicles as those drivers are responsible for damages. It's easy to say that there may be 5-6 Dealers within a 30-mile radius but unlikely that all those dealerships have vehicles at the ramp to be delivered at the same time. Also consider that, in the past year, the volume of vehicles available for delivery at the ramps has dropped substantially and many of the drivers may have taken jobs with other companies delivering non-automotive products. In normal times, it was common for dealerships to receive full or close to full loads of vehicles but these are not normal times. The OEM's and Dealers want vehicles from the factory to be received ASAP and the car carriers want to deliver those vehicles ASAP.    

Hows this for a chuckle.....so I quoted a vehicle the other day...checked Vin Visibility, due the 24th...keep in mind this is a week ago....I then checked the vin number as it sounded familiar...Id sold the vehicle 3 days PRIOR....AND it had been here for 4 days....so now Vin Visibilty is all jacked up....jesus h christmas...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

It's called venting, but, thanks.   I see why a lot of people talk bad about this forum because of you.  

• Angry 1

23 minutes ago, slowninja14 said:

It's called venting, but, thanks.   I see why a lot of people talk bad about this forum because of you.  

Thank you so much! When you have 35+ years of experience dealing with vehicle ordering, scheduling, production, shipping and other related factors let me know. Until then, don't bother complaining about matters you know little about or with personal attacks that won't be tolerated. Just try me! 

• Angry 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slowninja14 said:

ice isn't one that causes a bad rap for this forum.  He is a well-respected, senior member that contributes way more to this forum there your petty bitching is ever going to.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, slowninja14 said:

Yet 50 of you with Superduty orders just came here looking for order updates and inside information, which ice-capades has provided over and over and over while half of you bitch and moan constantly about things that are out of everyone’s control and ask the same questions over and over,  So go vent somewhere else.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hypo said:

Hope this is not interpreted as bitching. Just wondering if being "in production" for over a week is normal? Just don't know at what point I should start questioning things. Thanks ahead for sensible responses.

Do you have a bed liner, tonneau cover or toolbox option?