13 Explorer...3.5L Ecoboost....P0019 code

4 hours ago, Graham Ford said:

To be fair I took it to the dealer just after it came on. They did an oil change (wasn't due), did a few diagnostic test which came up empty, and then wanted to start taking the motor apart. Umm no, it runs fine, I'll keep driving it and see what happens. 

And when you do have a major problem, are you going to blame the Dealer because you drove the vehicle for 9,000 miles with the "Check Engine" light on and didn't want them to perform the recommended service to find out what the problem is? 

Come on man. I’m not stupid. I’m just not paying $1800 for them to look around and can’t guarantee they can fix it. Especially when the only symptom is a check engine light.  I’ll take the risk. The vehicle isn’t worth a whole lot anyway. 110,000 miles and a rebuilt title. 

I was really looking to see if anyone had run into this issue on a 3.5l ecoboost. I don’t need to be lectured on my decisions. 

Edited by Graham Ford

14 hours ago, Graham Ford said:

Come on man. I’m not stupid. I’m just not paying $1800 for them to look around and can’t guarantee they can fix it. Especially when the only symptom is a check engine light.  I’ll take the risk. The vehicle isn’t worth a whole lot anyway. 110,000 miles and a rebuilt title. 

I was really looking to see if anyone had run into this issue on a 3.5l ecoboost. I don’t need to be lectured on my decisions. 

Sorry... no lecture intended. Just don't understand driving 9,000 miles with a "Check Engine" light on, etc. 

17 hours ago, Graham Ford said:

Well, you could always go to an auto parts store and have them scan the code. The "check engine" light on has to throw something to the diagnostics.

A P0019 code is bank 2 camshaft to crankshaft position error. So you are either looking a a bad sensor (best case) or vvt failing (worse) or timing chain stretch/worn guides (even worse). If you keep driving don't be suprised if it kills the motor eventually. But if the vehicle isn't worth much you might just keep driving until you tow it to the scrap yard.

• Like 1