Ford's EV push, NBC exclusive

AGR

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's a terrible song that's the epitome of pandering

Appreciate your view.  Mine however is he took his shots at both "sides" if you will.  And nails it on the :"lesser of two evils"  comment---which has been echoed by others on this thread independent of Keith's song.

Guess I should listen to it again to  see what I missed.

And by the way, wasn't he also a public Trump supporter??  If so, think the Donald appreciated the... "lesser of two  evils"  comment???

23 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Mine however is he took his shots at both "sides" if you will. 

That's the part that drove me more nuts than anything. He was trying to have it both ways and it just fell completely flat.  

Full disclosure: I've always hated Toby Keith and that style of pandering country music. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's the part that drove me more nuts than anything. He was trying to have it both ways and it just fell completely flat.  

Full disclosure: I've always hated Toby Keith and that style of pandering country music. 

Ok- I hear you-but some of that I can overlook-in particular .."Made in America."  I'm assuming it's his fathers farm but in the video there is a beautiful red Ford Louisville -mind you this song is old so  the Ford is pretty new.

Now if the truck was a Freightliner, I would agree with you- total a-hole?

On 9/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Harley Lover said:

Too much capacity for Super Duty alone. Plus, this plant will build the new skateboard chassis, not the BOF Lightning chassis. I would think there would be enough capacity (at least initially) to build both EV models (F150 and Super Duty) on the skateboard - don't forget the possibility of EV Expy/Navi on the skateboard, while still producing the BOF versions at the existing plants. In addition, there could even be 'not-yet-imagined' models planned for the EV chassis. Interesting times.

Agreed!

The whole reason that GM and now Ford are getting into electric vehicles is because it’s the future, one

that offers both continued mass production and sales with increased profits with none of the negative

drawbacks of ICE emissions and government red tape, CAFE and CARB can GTFA.

I see the next decade as kind of serene, electrics are coming  but Ford still has a ton of money to make

from selling as many trucks and utilities as it can build. The BEVs arrive and sales are steady at first as

momentum builds and then, one day we realise that BEVs are 20% of sales then 25% then 30%…..and then, we realise how many gas sales are hybrids as well, the whole thing rolls along as folks get comfortable with electrics.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 9:11 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

And by the way, wasn't he also a public Trump supporter??  If so, think the Donald appreciated the... "lesser of two  evils"  comment???

Ahhh, not really...he actually echos my sentiment very closely with the exception that I was a registered Republican until 2010 when the NY GOP decided to support Carl Paladino over Rick Lazio and pretty much handed the election to Andrew Cuomo...after that mess, I re-registered as independent.
https://www.newsweek.com/toby-keith-not-trump-supporter-544205

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The whole reason that GM and now Ford are getting into electric vehicles is because it’s the future, one

that offers both continued mass production and sales with increased profits with none of the negative

drawbacks of ICE emissions and government red tape, CAFE and CARB can GTFA.

I see the next decade as kind of serene, electrics are coming  but Ford still has a ton of money to make

from selling as many trucks and utilities as it can build. The BEVs arrive and sales are steady at first as

momentum builds and then, one day we realise that BEVs are 20% of sales then 25% then 30%…..and then, we realise how many gas sales are hybrids as well, the whole thing rolls along as folks get comfortable with electrics.

Oh give governments time - they'll realize the mining impact and I'm sure introduce legislation to limit xyz materials you can use in batteries, etc. etc.

To repurpose Jeff Goldblum's Jurassic Park line 'life finds a way' - government finds a way lol......   to legislate and tax lol.

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Oh give governments time - they'll realize the mining impact and I'm sure introduce legislation to limit xyz materials you can use in batteries, etc. etc.

To repurpose Jeff Goldblum's Jurassic Park line 'life finds a way' - government finds a way lol......   to legislate and tax lol.

I don’t have a problem with governments taxing battery materials to force change, I’d say it’s inevitable.

Also, the EPA is already assigning an eMPG to electric vehicle battery range, so it’s begun already…….