New Kicks!

Hisss 99

Just to get a second topic here and try to jump start this place again, I just got new tires...the BF Goodrich G Force TA KDW new tread design.

Kind of an interesting design patern. Looks wavey almost like a flame.

Has any of you seen them and what do you think.

As far as perfomance is concerned the seem to grab harder then my Pirelli P-Zeros but are a little noisy by comparison. Since I don't drive the Cobra much this shouldn't be a problem.

Sizes are 295/35W18r in the rear and 275/35W18r up front.

Hisss 99 B)

Just to get a second topic here and try to jump start this place again, I just got new tires...the BF Goodrich G Force TA KDW new tread design.

Kind of an interesting design patern. Looks wavey almost like a flame.

Has any of you seen them and what do you think.

As far as perfomance is concerned the seem to grab harder then my Pirelli P-Zeros but are a little noisy by comparison. Since I don't drive the Cobra much this shouldn't be a problem.

Sizes are 295/35W18r in the rear and 275/35W18r up front.

Hisss 99 B)

If you don't drive it much, why get the KDW's? The dry-weather KD's would probably perform better. Nice tires in either case though. I couldn't find any in the right sizes when I was looking for tires a year ago. Settled on Bridgestone Potenza S-02 ZR's. I've been very pleased with them.

If you don't drive it much, why get the KDW's? The dry-weather KD's would probably perform better. Nice tires in either case though. I couldn't find any in the right sizes when I was looking for tires a year ago. Settled on Bridgestone Potenza S-02 ZR's. I've been very pleased with them.
Availability, mostly. I had the S-02's on my 540i, great tire, the only thing I didn;t like is that they didn't seem to last very long. I was only able to get about 30K from a set. When you drive 35K annually tires become exspensive. I have a 2002 540i that I got new, it now has 145k on it. That is roughly 4 sets of tires.

Availability, mostly. I had the S-02's on my 540i, great tire, the only thing I didn;t like is that they didn't seem to last very long. I was only able to get about 30K from a set. When you drive 35K annually tires become exspensive. I have a 2002 540i that I got new, it now has 145k on it. That is roughly 4 sets of tires.

Yeah, the S-02's only have a 140 treadwear rating, which is pretty attrocious. But...the Cobra is no longer a daily driver, so the treadwear wasn't an issue. I've only put about 3000 miles on the car this year.

I've been autocrossing my Cobra a bit over the last few years and have noticed a lot of the drivers use Falkens and Kuhmos in the street tire classes. Both companies make a sticky tire (Falken RT-615, what I run now, and Kuhmo Ecxta MX ??) that have a tread wear of 200. Great dry pavement grip and decent in the rain, up to about 1/2 tread. They do wear out quickly, though, particularly with the help of 6-8 autocrosses each summer.

A tire with a 140 treadwear runs in the race tire class where I autocross!!

Dave P

I had a hard time finding the stagger I wanted. These were one of the ony set of tires I could find that had 295/35 and 275/35 in 18" I looked at all kinds of tires. These were also $1,040.00 for the set OTD on the car. All of the others were either more expensive or didn't have the sizes I wanted. I know that I didn't want Pirelli's again. Michelins were almost $400/tire.

I searched the tire rack and America's tire web sites for about 2 weeks before I made my choice. I found these to be the best bargin in the sizes I wanted.

Hisss 99 B)

Isn't Michelin & Goodrich owned by the same group?

I had two sets of the old KDW design and liked them. Much more traction and better wet than the original T/A's. The last time I ordered a set the shop got KDWS (wet & snow). I didn't want them at first but I do run mine all year so I tried them. A little harder and more noise but better wet traction. Nothing short of chains help these cars move on snow.

I like the look of the new KDW's and will most likely get them next time.

I talked with a tire guy about the cracking at the edge of the sidewall and tread and was informed that petrolum based tire shine will cause that and voids the warrante.

Edited by Pony Express 01