Acura Integra Teased

rmc523

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2021 at 11:07 AM, jasonj80 said:

Also sad there isn't a 3 door or coupe version, while it wouldn't have sold a lot they always have the best proportions and style.  

I bought a 3 door 86 hatchback - their first model year.  I was fresh out of college and they were still selling 86 models in spring of 87 so got an incredible deal.  That was one of my favorite cars.  Had to trade it for a Ranger 3 years later.

image.jpeg.c242be7f71a5380a1bcf42ba952ae064.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

I like it, despite the roofline giving away its Honda Civic origin. The thing I wonder about this is that is this a car that belongs in a luxury brand? Or would this be better as a Honda?

Acura isn't a top-tier luxury brand, no matter what Honda fans say. It's evolved into what Pontiac and Oldsmobile were to Chevrolet in the 1960s - a brand that is a step up from the mass-market brand, but not a true luxury brand. 

If you like Hondas, but want to step up without leaving the "family," you buy an Acura. Not a formula for huge sales totals, but enough to keep the brand profitable and in business. So I don't see a problem with this Integra. 

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, twintornados said:

So, Honda "glitzing up" a Civic and slapping a luxury badge on it = good

Honda's previous attempt with Acura ILX was not good at all. In 2017, it recorded the lowest score of any vehicle in Consumer Reports' owner satisfaction survey. New Integra should be much better. 7 Cars Owners Regret Buying - Consumer Reports

The Acura ILX is a swing and a miss, in both CR testing and when judged by owners. It falls 10 percentage points below the Mercedes-Benz CLA in the same category, itself a disappointing entry. Across all car types, the ILX has the lowest satisfaction, followed closely by the Dodge Dart and Jeep Compass. The ILX was challenged from the start as a pricey, dressed-up Honda Civic. Acura made several key updates for the 2016 model year, but even when looking at ratings on just those freshened sedans, they are no different than older model years.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2023 Acura Integra pricing announced today. 2023 Acura Integra Set for Early June Arrival, Pricing Announced (acuranews.com)

2023 Integra Pricing

2023 Acura Integra

Transmission

MSRP3

MSRP4

Incl. D&H

Integra

CVT

$30,800

$31,895

Integra A-Spec®

CVT

$32,800

$33,895

Integra A-Spec® with Technology Package

CVT

$35,800

$36,895

Integra A-Spec® with Technology Package

6MT

$35,800

$36,895

On 11/17/2021 at 9:02 AM, akirby said:

I bought a 3 door 86 hatchback - their first model year.  I was fresh out of college and they were still selling 86 models in spring of 87 so got an incredible deal.  That was one of my favorite cars.  Had to trade it for a Ranger 3 years later.

image.jpeg.c242be7f71a5380a1bcf42ba952ae064.jpeg

I miss vehicles like that.....affordable, fun to drive, light, tossable, and a huge greenhouse for visibilty.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 6:03 PM, bzcat said:

$36k just to get manual... ?

Integra A-Spec with Technology Package 6MT is a pretty good deal compared to its closest competitors, BMW 228i GC and Mercedes-Benz CLA 250. Both of those have a higher base price, fewer amenities, and no manual transmission option in the U.S. market.

• 4 weeks later...