Super Duty Hybrid

STX Screamer

I wish Ford offered a hybrid gas engine for the Super Duty. This would be the best solution for making the SD a bit more environmentally friendly and improving miles per gallon. It would probably also improve torque and horsepower. The hybrid technology recharges when not accelerating and during braking. This seems like a perfect match for a large vehicle that requires constant acceleration to keep it rolling. When I am driving my SD, if I am not giving it some pressure on the accelerator, I want to be slowing down.

An electric SD is not appealing at all, because I use my vehicle for road trips and camping. I would not want to stop and wait for a recharge.

26 minutes ago, STX Screamer said:

I wish Ford offered a hybrid gas engine for the Super Duty. This would be the best solution for making the SD a bit more environmentally friendly and improving miles per gallon. It would probably also improve torque and horsepower. The hybrid technology recharges when not accelerating and during braking. This seems like a perfect match for a large vehicle that requires constant acceleration to keep it rolling. When I am driving my SD, if I am not giving it some pressure on the accelerator, I want to be slowing down.

An electric SD is not appealing at all, because I use my vehicle for road trips and camping. I would not want to stop and wait for a recharge.

Same here. An electric SD is of zero interest. We tow a 16,500 lb 5'er and way to many campgrounds already have power issues without adding tow vehicle charging to the sites. I am also concerned with the range, as we try for 350 to 400 miles per day. I also prefer a 100 mile reserve, so would be looking for a range of 450 to 500 miles.

Might be tough for an electric SD to meet the range requirements when towing 16,500 lbs, especially through the Rockies.