Mandatory Employee Vax Reporting

road turtle

Supposedly the effectiveness of Pfizer vaccine to prevent infection drops from 88% to about 60% after 6 months. Mayo clinic goes as far to say the 3rd jab should not be considered a "booster" but a required 3rd dose. They then go on to say, but don't get it too soon. Whatever that is. I got the jab (Pfizer), not so sure I'd go for a 3rd, even though I qualify. Like to let this prove itself first. Fortunately I have had no side effects that I know about. Hear about too many with breakthrough infections, including prominent politicians. Will more of the same improve things?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, road turtle said:

Just heard on the radio, Moderna jab cancelled in England for young adults, due to drum roll please, side effects on heart muscle.  My own daughter is now on a heart monitor, and being considered for pacemaker.  She's only 28 and was a high school super star athlete.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it works out for the best. 

Of course now that I'm looking for it I can't find the article but I just read earlier this afternoon that Sweden is pausing it too, and they’re one of the more vaccinated countries in Europe. 

Finland Follows Sweden and Denmark in Halting Use of Moderna Vaccine for Younger Age Group

Finish health authorities have paused the use of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine on Oct. 7 for men under the age of 30, just one day after Sweden and Denmark announced a similar measure due to side effects.

For years now most consumer based business have turned away from in house R&D teams to the less cost involved consumer R&D team driving the data building process. Notice how many "survey`s" one gets when you purchase something?  It can be found everywhere including the auto industry. I`m sure most are aware of the throw it out there and see if they like it technique. That is why the recall effect seems to be more frequent.

But, with the mistakes of the past in both the medical and/or pharmaceutical business the trend of turning away from in house R&D was unheard of. Now don`t get me wrong there was and always will be the sneaky shit when it comes to the companies data/results but, that`s where the government agencies would step in. Sure seems like that business technique is a thing of the past. I get it, we needed something quickly but its proving that the "fast" why is using consumer R&D. Then having "one" doctor advising on everything and changing/spinning almost everything makes for the hesitation many have. Then add in the issue of how the data changes to suit whatever the theme of the day is, all this builds into the decisions to get or not to get the jab. 

If one was to make a list of the things that have gone wrong, responded to wrongly or just not worked out as its been stated things would, the list would be mighty long. 

• Like 1

I have little belief SCOTUS will overturn administrative "directives".  With that being said, we are still dealing with jabs working under EUA, which is a direct violation of international law.  The product that received technical approval is not available.  It was a master bait and switch.

I'm surprised at only 1% leaving at Henry Ford.  I would have guessed a little higher.  Also curious about medical and religious waiver.  My MD's are all at UoM, and UoM has advised their docs, they are not permitted to issue medical waivers.  If they do, they will be dismissed.  An interesting position for my wife's MD's, and this doesn't pertain to her as she is medically retired, they have verbally told her and even in an email advised her, do not get the jab.

An interesting conundrum that I don't understand.  The Pfizer vaccine, and I'd question if Moderna does too, are using aborted fetus cells in the development of the vaccine.  How does a person in certain religions that do not support abortions rationalize use of aborted fetus cells?  Same question for vegetarians and vegans?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, road turtle said:

An interesting conundrum that I don't understand.  The Pfizer vaccine, and I'd question if Moderna does too, are using aborted fetus cells in the development of the vaccine.  How does a person in certain religions that do not support abortions rationalize use of aborted fetus cells?  Same question for vegetarians and vegans?

They’re either unaware of it or so brainwashed by the 'get vaxxed or else' propaganda they don't care. 

The Vatican is requiring the vaccine. Most other Faiths are also allowing the vaccine. I've heard of a few conservative faith communities that do not approve. Cardinal Cupich not going to sign off on a religious objection. Wonder how vegans and others handle medical insulin made from cow and pig pancreas? 

Not so sure about SCOTUS. If you believe in "conservative bias" they will not like administrative overreach.

As for my doctors, I have 5 plus a dentist. All mine support the vaccine. One was quite adamant and she did not understand why people resist.  

27 minutes ago, paintguy said:

Not so sure about SCOTUS. If you believe in "conservative bias" they will not like administrative overreach.

SCOTUS historically has sided with the fed govt in a large percentage of decisions.  Past cases have supported requiring vaccinations.  Prevailing consensus, individuals are free to move to a different employer if the requirement offends them.

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

SCOTUS historically has sided with the fed govt in a large percentage of decisions.  Past cases have supported requiring vaccinations.  Prevailing consensus, individuals are free to move to a different employer if the requirement offends them.

I would expect nothing less, they are a branch of the government after all and at this point the government's sole purpose is to grab more and more power. 

• Like 3

Southwest Airlines is having hell with cancelled flights, and the media is blaming "staffing issues" and "weather".

Much of the chaos is from airline and airport employees calling in sick, or walking out over the vaccine mandate, and that the MSM is trying to downplay or under-report it.

Hearing now that other carriers may be joining in, as well as possibly Amtrak.

22 hours ago, cal50 said:

Southwest Airlines is having hell with cancelled flights, and the media is blaming "staffing issues" and "weather".

Much of the chaos is from airline and airport employees calling in sick, or walking out over the vaccine mandate, and that the MSM is trying to downplay or under-report it.

Hearing now that other carriers may be joining in, as well as possibly Amtrak.

Second that. I have a cousin who is a pilot and she said it's not FAA or weather issues.

• Like 2

“The deadline for federal employees at the Veterans Administration to provide proof of vaccination was Friday. As it turns out, there are still more than 45,000 VA workers who have not provided a CDC card or other proof of vaccination as of this morning. One question we might ask is why there is such a high rate of vaccine hesitancy right in J** B***n’s backyard. Are they not all onboard with the whole “build back better” thing? But what is probably the more pressing question would be why these people are still showing up for work. Isn’t B***n “fed up” with the ongoing “threat” posed by the unvaccinated? Shouldn’t they have been fired already? The VA is saying they “may eventually face disciplinary action,” but there certainly doesn’t seem to be much of a sense of urgency about it thus far.”

Everyday there is more proof the leadership is really lacking in, leadership.  

• Like 2

Decker,

You have to give employees a chance to meet your new requirements.  Ford is doing the same thing, they put out the survey to identify how big their problem is.  If it's acceptably low enough, then the next step is to force employees to be vaxxed by a certain date or face dismissal.  Friend's employer in Ontario Canada, you either get the vax or be on indefinite suspension.  This means they cannot collect unemployment and won't collect pay. Since I'm at will employee, they will discharge me for cause, meaning no unemployment.  Courts have been pretty consistent in enforcing mandatory vax for employees... even SCOTUS. What might be an interesting argument, the jab is technically not a vaccine.  I'm lucky enough to not have to work at this point.

• Like 3

Actually I believe we have some time before all the mandates and pressure will be lumped on our plates, here in the land of Lincoln. Do I think the IUAW will roll with the company, sure do. Will we have many members with every good reason to be pushed to the limits they have to set for themselves and their families, that is their freedom, we all have to make that decision. I am completely in support of every member that makes the decision to jab or not to jab. For those "moderator please"... members?" that is in no way sitting the fence, no its the freedom of choice so many fought for. May be hard for some to understand that.

road turtle I agree completely. Ford is testing the water and will do just as you mentioned. Our local rep`s will be put under the bus by the IUAW and we will see all the games played by all of the above. When, Who and What will all be answered by the first quarter of next year. When or if a dead line is given, Who will go first hourly or salaried. What plants shut down because of the mandates. Shutting down will be multiple sided, get the jab and play the   system-->  medical leave. Don`t get the jab and Ford loses something the company just doesn`t have any to spare... employee`s that come to work. Managers leave at break and lunch to never return at CAP---> daily. So I`m sure those big wheels are doing some real contemplating the results from their falling into their servitude to the controlling leaders. You could bet the farm Prickster is pushing his rich guy control freakiness right at Larry`s front door in the city of the White Sox. But all this will take time. 

Bottom line, is why ford exists and why we go in everyday. Our reasons to work are as diverse as our reasons to be jabbed or not to be jabbed. For those that put a political spin on this and other facts our country is going through some extremely weird time just for their tribe factor reasoning, are just making "their choice". Is it my choice no, do I feel those that do put it out there that "theirs" is the only and right way all I can agree with is once again it`s their choice. Do they have to agree with my chose, no. By those laws put in place 200 plus years ago I think the "moderato please" members will have to agree to disagree, ANNND find a majority to vote as needed in a little more than a year. 

fmccap don`t get ready for much of a down time, orders keep rolling in and remember it`s all about the bottom line. GREAT info fmccap, better believe the Prickster is freakin out on this silly little law.  

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/employment-law/pages/what-to-expect-from-osha-on-covid-19-vaccine-and-testing-rules.aspx

The HR Management organization expects Emergency Temporary Standard in 30 to 60 days. It can only extend 6 months, or be replaced by a permanent standard. Sure it will be opposed by some employers. Throughout this pandemic, limits to emergency declarations and standards have been stretched to an extent not observed since WW II. With this in mind, every large employer will remain flexible to implement, even if they disagree. 

• Like 1

On the topic of vaccine mandates....

The U.S. will open the Canada and Mexico borders for fully vaccinated travelers in November, lifting a 19-month ban that began with the pandemic.

But…. If one enters through a southern border “not” as a tourist or just seeking employment with Ford, vax or no vax… no problem come on in. Make sure to stop and pick up your welcoming gifts

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fmccap said:

Word on the street is Prickster is rushing to change this.

The Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act

I can't find anything current but that's probably because the news don't want you to know about it. Sheep don't need to know.

It seems the freedom of speech and/or the freedom to exchange information has once again come to be a thing of the past, on the book of faces.

"Shared this on Facebook and it was removed for violating Community Standards" 

• Like 1