Mandatory Employee Vax Reporting

road turtle

A question for the Ford employee`s, not the “moderator please, members”.

When did manufacturing jobs become so unwanted? Is it covid exposure? Vaccine mandates? Lack of need for a job? Or Walmart pays better?

So far in 2021, Americans are quitting manufacturing jobs at the highest rate we've ever seen. Then in the last few years we see on the plant floor this quitting virus jumping the fence and never before has so many salaried employee`s done the leave your keys and radio on the LL5`s desk and just disappear.  Are they quitting to go to better job? Moving back in with Ma & Pa?

306,000 workers quit manufacturing in August.

300,000 quit in July.

image.png.0ec7f9f6bcd32c0bd05d39b22a6d7dbc.png

Maybe not our “moderator please” members but any member that’s been on the floor at CAP can backup this phenomenon with firsthand experience on any given day of the week when their short 60 or 70 bodies to start up in just Final.  The “night letter`s” are echoing 20 to 25 percent AWOL daily.

This is a by product of the leadership making way for a complete “it`s someone else’s problem” or “poor me, I can`t work so much” welfare state of mind. When all the fingers are pointing at what`s wrong and laying blame for everything in the last almost 250 years on a small percentage of people who… come to work, guess this is what happens when the leadership just doesn`t think out of their box.

Wonder where this welfare state of mind is heading?

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Henry Ford was alive today he would die of a heart attack looking at his company.

Manufacturing went to outsourcing and just putting together parts from vendors and hoping it works and if there is a problem you blame them.

The problem is its not the vendors name on the vehicle.

Henry controlled every aspect of manufacturing and put his name proudly on his products.

Today its cutting costs , outsourcing and relying on vendors for engineering and quality.

Combine that with a younger workforce that really does not care about coming to work for 40 hours lest alone 50, 60 or 7 days a week during a launch or peak production needs.

Ford has been in business for over 100 years but the people steering it are WAY different than Henry was IMHO.

I doubt Henry would have the diversity & inclusion and jab surveys that are going on now, he expected people to come to work , do a good job and pay them.

Edited by cal50

1.the two tier pay scale

2.these new hires do not get short work weeks until I think a yr of service. Currently a very common thing, short work week that is.

3.these jobs are not very desirable, I myself with 25yrs dont think I would want this work if the table's were turned. Lots of really good opportunities out there. I know there's more to it but these aren't easy jobs. 

• Like 1

On the "salary" side, the situation is bad as well. New salary are frequently hired as "temps", employees through an agency, not direct Ford. There is little to no security in such a position, and no loyalty on either side. One agency "coach" I knew was 30 year steel industry veteran. He told me he never had a situation like CAP. Ask some of the young people you know about what they want. Flexible schedule. Amenities at work. Ability to work from home. What does Ford offer plant employees? On the plus side there is overtime pay, and profit sharing. But young folks don't want to work OT, they prefer Work/Life balance. The old ones tell them you have 1 work and 1 life, how much more balanced can you get? 

1 hour ago, Decker said:

OUTSTANDING Chicago FOP OUTSTANDING

FOP president urges police officers to ignore city mandate to report vaccination status — predicts 50% cut in cops on street.

Chicago FOP Says Half Of CPD Officers Prepared To Stay Home Over Vaccine Mandate

Looking at crime numbers I would have already thought Chicago already didn't have any cops on the street(s)

• Like 2

Republican AGs Say There Is No Federal Vaccine Mandate for Private Workers, Vow to Sue

BY JACK PHILLIPS October 17, 2021 Updated: October 18, 2021

Several Republican attorneys general have said that President Joe Biden’s federal mandate for COVID-19 vaccinations hasn’t yet come into effect for private businesses, adding that if it is ordered, they will file lawsuits against it.

Besides all the Attorney General`s fussing over the true pandemic there`s this thought.

It`s not just the FOP in Chicago but also in Los Angeles the County Sheriff has stated he doesn’t want to lose ten percent of his cops by forcing them to choose between their jobs and bodily freedom, so he won’t make them vax up. This is an example of a growing number of police agencies opting to keep their cops instead of enforcing an arguably unconstitutional order requiring officers to get the jab.

Chicago FOP said the department couldn`t operate with some 40 to 50% of his members not reporting because of their decision not to comply with the mandate. Then the L.A. County Sheriff said that he would disregard the Health Department directive to force his deputies to get the jab by October 1 because he doesn’t “want to be in a position to lose 5, 10% of my workforce overnight on a vaccine mandate.” October 01 has come and gone and the mandate hasn`t been enforced.

With both of those examples I`m wondering how this will play out for the auto industry? CAP runs 20 to 25% AWOL`s daily. Now put the mandate in place, this would be something that would give the system players even more reason to be on medical leave and it would be easy to see that 25% bump up to 30% or more.

Can you hear it? … “I got the jab and now I feel terrible” or “I can`t smell or I get dizzy, and I am afraid to drive…” Ford`s CAP is in a bad position when it comes to filling operations. Even the non-experienced and clueless people that do stay more than a week soon see the reality of the management assignments they are assigned and either cruel up in a ball in some therapy session or become one of the working zombie’s that… well don`t have a clue.  

Then there`s more down time in the last 18 months then the last bunch of years and even the people that usually stay away from the system playing don`t want to be in paradise even when the parts come in. We at CAP walk in (when the parts are here) to the second highest profit producing facility in the Ford Empire and there is a cancer type of syndrome going on and it’s a high level of malignant stupidity that is driving this poorly thought out, overly politicized weird ass mandating from the beginning that the leadership has made speeches calling for it.

The true pandemic is “stupidity”. But the good doctor hasn`t got around to mandating a vaccine for that yet….   

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Decker said:

Rona Jab —- Booster Rona Jab 

9780FD9A-D858-447A-9134-0BECFD53C13B.jpeg

Would not be the first time we got into some shit caused by someone else...

Having had the jab, supposedly more likely to be asymptomatic with COVID, would I then be more of a danger to the unvaccinated? 

Come on paintguy.... really you dangerous? No where, I mean ever has any Villanova guy been dangerous. Well maybe to a former area manager  :whistling:

HOT RUMOR... HOT RUMOR...

CAP HR has members at Wally`s World and Dollar General buying up all the Pampers they can in preparation for the next mandate. You`ll have to fill out the survey on your last bowel movement and show the temp`s at the gate your phone before you`re issued two diapers a day. Anyone caught not in their diaper while on Ford property -----> FIRED.  

• Haha 1

Seems SouthWest Airlines has had their reality check... moment. 

How long will the Ford reality check take? Fire 20 or 30 percent or have 10 or 15 percent of the system players sitting it out for how long?  

Edited by Decker

14 minutes ago, Decker said:

Seems SouthWest Airlines has had their reality check... moment. 

How long will the Ford reality check take? Fire 20 or 30 percent or have 10 or 15 percent of the system players sitting it out for how long?  

Do you really think it would be as high as 30%? As tight as they like to run manpower even 2% could cause major problems. With everything going on I think they are going to stay quiet on the matter as long as they can until the government forces their hand. 

• Like 1

I agree fuzzy, right now it would only take 2 to 4 percent over what CAP is currently running at with  AWOL, Medical and/or FMLA numbers to pull the stop cord for production. Yep I think the wait and see position is where at least CAP will be sitting until something makes things go in a different direction. 

Ford Production Facilities at max populations. (when the part are here) NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, Race Tracks, University Stadiums and etc etc.... packed to the gills. Mandates, Testing and should the kids be jabbed. Some few weeks ago the whining (lying) and the wringing of all the expert hands about the end of the world as we know it. Now I`m not sure about all the other gatherings but, has there been any reports of outbreaks from the super spreader`s we call our gatherings? Anyone hear of a Ford production or support facility shutting down because of the rona?  

Jab or Job may just be another passing fade.... ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cal50 said:

Sweden Suspends Moderna Shot Indefinitely After Vaxxed Patients Develop Crippling Heart Condition.

Even worse are the reports coming out the immunological systems are crashing amongst fully vaxxed.  Been reports of substantial increases in cancer amongst young adults.  It could come to a head in the upcoming cold and flu season.

• Like 1

The legacy media wants everyone to forget….

The vaccine became safe, reliable, and America's top health priority on 20 January 2021.

Was there an improvement in the chemical make up? Additional data was complied and presented to the CDC? Did the lab evidence become more conclusive? Nope, there was the results of an election.

21 January 2021 the diversity of thought started on it`s way from a right and/or a fundamental freedom to being erased at all levels.

• Like 2

Hey, I am sure the one approved on a long weekend is just as safe...............lol

FDA Approval Process. It takes on average 12 years and over US$350 million to get a new drug from the laboratory onto the pharmacy shelf. Once a company develops a drug, it undergoes around three and a half years of laboratory testing, before an application is made to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to begin testing the drug in humans.

I have said this before and I will say it again.....

EVERY DRUG RECALLED BY THE FDA WAS ONCE APPROVED BY THE FDA.

Once they get years of data on the vaccines will they be recalled? If they have negative side effects you cant sue the drug companies...Who will be held accountable? Your employer or government for trying to force you into taking it?

Like Cal50 said.  FDA Approval Process. It takes on average 12 years and over US$350 million to get a new drug from the laboratory onto the pharmacy shelf. Once a company develops a drug, it undergoes around three and a half years of laboratory testing, before an application is made to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to begin testing the drug in humans. They  came up and tested these vaccines in less then 9 months !!!! What kind of short cuts did they take to achieve results?

Edited by Sterling Archer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, balthisar said:

Someone showed me an H.R. note yesterday indicating that salaried folks who fail to report their status will be hit with a 50% reduction of their profit sharing (I guess that supposes that we're profitable), as well as a performance mark on the permanent record. 

That is correct