Why do I still see auto ads on TV?

53 minutes ago, akirby said:

Where do you think demand comes from?  You can order a vehicle today and get a nice incentive and those orders get first priority on chips and other parts in short supply.

true...I have folders that would raise your eyebrows with orders...I have 14 Mavericks alone...don't even ask regarding Broncos...Manufacturers...regardless of supply ...have to maintain relevence and interest...you snooze you lose and become yesterdays news...( Im Poet and don't know it ).....not sure about the "first priority regarding chips " though...for that I could use my own status as an example...

Edited by Deanh

51 minutes ago, Deanh said:

true...I have folders that would raise your eyebrows with orders...I have 14 Mavericks alone...don't even ask regarding Broncos...Manufacturers...regardless of supply ...have to maintain relevence and interest...you snooze you lose and become yesterdays news...( Im Poet and don't know it ).....not sure about the "first priority regarding chips " though...for that I could use my own status as an example...

I think there are commodity issues beyond just the generic modules and chips that are affecting individual vehicles.  Better communication from Ford would help a lot.

But at least they are providing incremental allocation for ordered vehicles and making those higher priority.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think there are commodity issues beyond just the generic modules and chips that are affecting individual vehicles.  Better communication from Ford would help a lot.

But at least they are providing incremental allocation for ordered vehicles and making those higher priority.

Im fine, pretty used to it to tell the truth, every time Ive ordered a vehicle theres been some sort of hiccup, Fiesta ST was delayed 6 months as well. ETA on the B Sport is now Dec 24th ( yeah right  lol ) Ill have the thing paid off by the time it gets here LMAO.

If anything the automakers want to keep buyers desire for new vehicles fresh. Not without historical precedent. During WW II automakers had zero output for consumers to buy. They kept advertising in magazines, just check out old National Geographic. One of Ford's more memorable slogans "There's a Ford in your Future" came from that era. Even a few dealerships named Future Ford.