Aviator Climate numbers onscreen vanished!

FamilyGuy18

People in Aviators and Navigators are reporting this after the installation of SYNC 3.4.21194. The temperature is still showing in the upper left and right corners, just not in the main part of the screen as you adjust it.

I saw somewhere on here there is a fix coming on the next SYNC update in January.

• Like 2

Mine is doing the same thing and we’ve only had they car since July. Took it to shop and was told engineers are working on a fix and they were hoping for end of September, but I don’t think that has happened. A new update downloaded today and it didn’t change anything. Glad I’m not the only one this is happening to!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 11:19 PM, sagosto said:

It's sad that it takes Lincoln/Ford months to fix a temperature display problem.

Not surprising, consumer reports just issued their reliability results and rated Lincoln the least reliable brand with the Aviator being the most egregious example.  I have the extended warranty but even so I'm considering ditching this bad boy and going with a Q7.  Eat the cost of the Expel Wrap and Tint I put on car and get a pro-rated refund on the warranty.   Sucks but the number of trips I've had to the dealer already in one year is more than my last 3 cars combined.  

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, 1999 White C5 Coupe said:

But it is worse that Lincoln-Ford removed the feature from their customer’s vehicles without their permission, and didn’t tell them.

You don’t work with software, do you?

They didn’t remove it on purpose - it was a bug and they fixed it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, akirby said:

You don’t work with software, do you?

They didn’t remove it on purpose - it was a bug and they fixed it.

No, I don’t work with software.  I am a consumer, and purchase and use  products that contain software.

A software “bug” is nothing more than a clever name for a man-made software defect that attempts to deflect blame for the error.

Edited by 1999 White C5 Coupe

2 hours ago, 1999 White C5 Coupe said:

No, I don’t work with software.  I am a consumer, and purchase and use  products that contain software.

A software “bug” is nothing more than a clever name for a man-made software defect that attempts to deflect blame for the error.

A bug is, by definition, a code defect made by the programmer.  That is the exact opposite of deflecting blame.  

The point of calling it a bug is that it needs a new release of the software to fix it.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem after bringing the vehicle in for a recall. It eventually started working after a week or so. By the way, I brought the Aviator in for a separate recall on another occasion and the alert for the rear hatch closing only started after the hatch was completely closed. This problem never went away but I am living with it.