'21 Sept Sales- Ford Top Seller for Sept

Looking at Ford inventory levels in Central FL compared to August, Ford production has certainly picked up significantly. So no surprise September sales picked up nicely. FSeries sales were about 10,000 vehicles higher than previous few months. 4th Quarter sales should be pretty good assuming U.S. doesn't default on its debt. 

35 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Looking at Ford inventory levels in Central FL compared to August, Ford production has certainly picked up significantly. So no surprise September sales picked up nicely. FSeries sales were about 10,000 vehicles higher than previous few months. 4th Quarter sales should be pretty good assuming U.S. doesn't default on its debt. 

I think that reflects solely on a wise business decision to prioritize their most profitable lineups whilst we  stumble through this chip issue....

Again-who ever has vehicles are going to sell them. Who sold the most-doesn't make them the "sales king" it just means they had chips. I believe the situation last month (or maybe it was two months ago) where GM sold the most trucks because they had chips.

The Nissan Titan is up 17% YTD and the dealers around me are getting $5,000.00 over sticker. That's tells us where things are.

3 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

Again-who ever has vehicles are going to sell them. Who sold the most-doesn't make them the "sales king" it just means they had chips. I believe the situation last month (or maybe it was two months ago) where GM sold the most trucks because they had chips.

The Nissan Titan is up 17% YTD and the dealers around me are getting $5,000.00 over sticker. That's tells us where things are.

For the quarter, F Series did ok sales wise considering all things but where GM really skipped away was those full sized SUV sales - they have been the major difference between Ford and GM dales for quite a while now, not much Ford can do about it either….

Edited by jpd80

Bronco sport is off to a strong start.  Outsold Escape by a couple hundred units.  October numbers for the Maverick will be more interesting.

The f150 powerboost was only ~3500 units.  I expected it to be higher than that.  Lightning reservations over 150000 is a good sign.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, slemke said:

Bronco sport is off to a strong start.  Outsold Escape by a couple hundred units.  October numbers for the Maverick will be more interesting.

The f150 powerboost was only ~3500 units.  I expected it to be higher than that.  Lightning reservations over 150000 is a good sign.

There is a big demand for the F150 Powerboost and Escape hybrid, but unfortunately little supply. Have no idea why Ford hasn't been able to build a hybrid component supply base over the last 15 years or so.

Toyota did it, but no other auto company other than Toyota has been able to offer hybrid version across its lineup in decent numbers. I would imagine Escape and Corsair GT plugins will be in short supply also.

Looks like it will be 2025 before Ford will be able to meet demand for hybrids and all electric vehicles when the Blue Oval campus is completed and running. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

There is a big demand for the F150 Powerboost and Escape hybrid, but unfortunately little supply. Have no idea why Ford hasn't been able to build a hybrid component supply base over the last 15 years or so.

Toyota did it, but no other auto company other than Toyota has been able to offer hybrid version across its lineup in decent numbers. I would imagine Escape and Corsair GT plugins will be in short supply also.

Looks like it will be 2025 before Ford will be able to meet demand for hybrids and all electric vehicles when the Blue Oval campus is completed and running. 

I've never understood that either - Ford's been building hybrids for years, but it seems like they've always had commodity issues with them.

51 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I've never understood that either - Ford's been building hybrids for years, but it seems like they've always had commodity issues with them.

They would often think too small, too conservative and risk averse instead of backing their decisions  and play for the win. Right now, many would be wondering about Ford’s present day commitment to hybrids, they were miles low on battery supply.

Edited by jpd80

9 hours ago, jpd80 said:

They would often think too small, too conservative and risk averse instead of backing their decisions  and play for the win. Right now, many would be wondering about Ford’s present day commitment to hybrids, they were miles low on battery supply.

Ford did seem surprised with the order numbers for the Maverick hybrid......probably sold out for at least 2 years. Ditto with Powerboost, and of course the chip shortage makes the demand/supply equation even worse. With a worldwide gas shortage, demand for hybrids will only go up. 

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Ford did seem surprised with the order numbers for the Maverick hybrid......probably sold out for at least 2 years. Ditto with Powerboost, and of course the chip shortage makes the demand/supply equation even worse. With a worldwide gas shortage, demand for hybrids will only go up. 

And I just can't understand why - especially with gas prices skyrocketing again.

They probably looked at C-Max and figured take rate was low on it and projected from there, when they should've projected from previous Escape hybrid numbers.

18 hours ago, jpd80 said:

For the quarter, F Series did ok sales wise considering all things but where GM really skipped away was those full sized SUV sales - they have been the major difference between Ford and GM dales for quite a while now, not much Ford can do about it either….

As long as they share a plant with Super Duty, I'm sure the company is fine with it or we would have seen them try to move them somewhere by now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

And I just can't understand why - especially with gas prices skyrocketing again.

They probably looked at C-Max and figured take rate was low on it and projected from there, when they should've projected from previous Escape hybrid numbers.

This comes from trying to do so many things all at once. Add to that, all product decisions were set in motion

two to three years ago and it’s a recipe that presents so many variables but the main one is rate of change,

even when buyers are being influenced and restricted by so much today.

59 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

As long as they share a plant with Super Duty, I'm sure the company is fine with it or we would have seen them try to move them somewhere by now. 

Ford chose to push harder with crew cabs versus SUVs, that decision from years ago was the right one for Ford

and it’s three plant strategy. So this is why Ford doubles down on F series sales, it’s their SUV alternative.

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Found these figures at 6G:

Ford September 2021 Gross Stocks.jpg

September-2021-Sales-Release-4.jpg

Looks like production figures are on an upward trend.  Lower than last month, but still well above April-July.

Thanks for sharing armchairs, Ford looks to be prioritising Super Duty and F150 production 

which makes sense in respect to maintaining as much profit as possible and at least there’s 

some production of other models to keep buyers interested.

F-Series once again increased their lead in the sales leadership race:

September (month):  F-Series  63,164   Ram  39,677   Silverado  29,670

September (YTD):  F-Series  534,831   Ram  434,772   Silverado  407,266

Approximately 5,400 F-150's still held due to semiconductor shortage with release expected by early December.   For the most part, these held units are relatively "fresh";  August and September builds.   Super Duty release was completed one month ahead of schedule.

As noted in the thread title, Ford Motor Company was the number 1 seller in the month of September.   Only like the 6th time in 20 some years that they outsold General Motors and Toyota.

2 hours ago, WillSD said:

F-Series once again increased their lead in the sales leadership race:

September (month):  F-Series  63,164   Ram  39,677   Silverado  29,670

September (YTD):  F-Series  534,831   Ram  434,772   Silverado  407,266

Approximately 5,400 F-150's still held due to semiconductor shortage with release expected by early December.   For the most part, these held units are relatively "fresh";  August and September builds.   Super Duty release was completed one month ahead of schedule.

As noted in the thread title, Ford Motor Company was the number 1 seller in the month of September.   Only like the 6th time in 20 some years that they outsold General Motors and Toyota.

Don't know if there is a "race" going on with the "chip thing" being what it is................................WE all know what kind of numbers the Silverado does under "normal market conditions" and it's alot more than 29,670 units. So-a RACE? REALLY?

1 hour ago, CKNSLS said:

Don't know if there is a "race" going on with the "chip thing" being what it is................................WE all know what kind of numbers the Silverado does under "normal market conditions" and it's alot more than 29,670 units. So-a RACE? REALLY?

Companies experienced shortages at different times so individual months are meaningless, but the YTD numbers should even that out.  And we know Ford was hit harder than the others due to the plant fire.

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

Companies experienced shortages at different times so individual months are meaningless, but the YTD numbers should even that out.  And we know Ford was hit harder than the others due to the plant fire.

We basically agree. It's silly to mention who is outselling whom on a monthly basis in this critical time for the auto industry in general.  I would argue that even this years sales are meaningless based on the "chip thing".  It's going to be hard to pump up the volume at the end of year when you don't have chips to "race" against your competitor. Of course-the downside is there will be high prices for vehicle buyers  for at least the next 12 months or so-IMHO.

1 hour ago, CKNSLS said:

We basically agree. It's silly to mention who is outselling whom on a monthly basis in this critical time for the auto industry in general.  I would argue that even this years sales are meaningless based on the "chip thing".  It's going to be hard to pump up the volume at the end of year when you don't have chips to "race" against your competitor. Of course-the downside is there will be high prices for vehicle buyers  for at least the next 12 months or so-IMHO.

They’re not meaningless because it relates directly to the bottom line for all 3 companies, especially with no rebates.  Plus we know these trucks were prioritized for chips over other vehicles,  

1 hour ago, CKNSLS said:

It's starting to look more and more like Toyota is about to be the number 1 seller in N.A. once the industry normalizes. Add in the new Tundra and increased production capacity, and it's a foregone conclusion. Imagine that is big blow to GM's sizable ego.