'21 Sept Sales- Ford Top Seller for Sept

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Ford sold 10k Broncos so far. I wonder how many are still sitting up there in the lot waiting for parts? Seems like it’s going to take a long time to fill those ~150k reservations. 

The repair areas are working 24/7 on getting the replacement tops and other parts done. Week of 10/18 plant goes back to full production capacity and has a Saturday scheduled

On 10/6/2021 at 5:33 PM, FordBuyer said:

It's starting to look more and more like Toyota is about to be the number 1 seller in N.A. once the industry normalizes. Add in the new Tundra and increased production capacity, and it's a foregone conclusion. Imagine that is big blow to GM's sizable ego. 

It sounds like you're happy with this. I'm not. I am a Ford guy, but absolutely support all domestic automakers. And I especially hate Toyota and their boring appliances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AGR said:

It sounds like you're happy with this. I'm not. I am a Ford guy, but absolutely support all domestic automakers. And I especially hate Toyota and their boring appliances.

This should even make you more HAPPY!:)

• Toyota cash on hand for the quarter ending June 30, 2021 was $71.664B, a 12.06% decline year-over-year. Yea- ONLY 71.66 Billion.

There was a previous thread how "Domestic and Foreign" manufacturers are really blurred. These vehicles are "Most American"-

1. Tesla Model 3: Fremont, Calif. (4) | Research | Shop
2. Ford Mustang: Flat Rock, Mich. (34) | Research | Shop
3. Tesla Model Y: Fremont, Calif. (unranked) | Research | Shop
4. Jeep Cherokee: Belvidere, Ill. (2) | Research | Shop
5. Chevrolet Corvette: Bowling Green, Ky. (8) | Research | Shop
6. Honda Ridgeline: Lincoln, Ala. (6) | Research | Shop
7. Honda Odyssey: Lincoln, Ala. (5) | Research | Shop
8. Honda Pilot: Lincoln, Ala. (13) | Research | Shop
9. Honda Passport: Lincoln, Ala. (7) | Research | Shop
10. Toyota Tundra: San Antonio (16) | Research | Shop
11. Ford Expedition, Expedition Max: Louisville, Ky. (20) | Research | Shop
12. Acura RDX: East Liberty, Ohio (14) | Research | Shop
13. Acura TLX: Marysville, Ohio (25) | Research | Shop
14. Chevrolet Colorado: Wentzville, Mo. (10) | Research | Shop
15. GMC Canyon: Wentzville, Mo. (11) | Research | Shop
16. Jeep Grand Cherokee: Detroit (26) | Research | Shop
17. Honda Accord: Marysville, Ohio (15) | Research | Shop
18. Toyota Avalon: Georgetown, Ky. (29) | Research | Shop
19. Lexus ES: Georgetown, Ky.* (28) | Research | Shop
20. Lincoln Navigator, Navigator L: Louisville, Ky. (54) | Research | Shop

https://www.cars.com/articles/2021-cars-com-american-made-index-which-cars-are-the-most-american-437020/

Edited by CKNSLS

16 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Ford sold 10k Broncos so far. I wonder how many are still sitting up there in the lot waiting for parts? Seems like it’s going to take a long time to fill those ~150k reservations. 

Up to the start of October, Ford has manufactured 25,539 Btoncos,

10,204 have been sold in the US, 1,500 sold in Canada. There’s also

approximately 5.000 in inventory so that could be leave roughly  8,500

Broncos waiting for replacement panels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

This should even make you more HAPPY!:)

• Toyota cash on hand for the quarter ending June 30, 2021 was $71.664B, a 12.06% decline year-over-year. Yea- ONLY 71.66 Billion.

There was a previous thread how "Domestic and Foreign" manufacturers are really blurred. These vehicles are "Most American"-

1. Tesla Model 3: Fremont, Calif. (4) | Research | Shop
2. Ford Mustang: Flat Rock, Mich. (34) | Research | Shop
3. Tesla Model Y: Fremont, Calif. (unranked) | Research | Shop
4. Jeep Cherokee: Belvidere, Ill. (2) | Research | Shop
5. Chevrolet Corvette: Bowling Green, Ky. (8) | Research | Shop
6. Honda Ridgeline: Lincoln, Ala. (6) | Research | Shop
7. Honda Odyssey: Lincoln, Ala. (5) | Research | Shop
8. Honda Pilot: Lincoln, Ala. (13) | Research | Shop
9. Honda Passport: Lincoln, Ala. (7) | Research | Shop
10. Toyota Tundra: San Antonio (16) | Research | Shop
11. Ford Expedition, Expedition Max: Louisville, Ky. (20) | Research | Shop
12. Acura RDX: East Liberty, Ohio (14) | Research | Shop
13. Acura TLX: Marysville, Ohio (25) | Research | Shop
14. Chevrolet Colorado: Wentzville, Mo. (10) | Research | Shop
15. GMC Canyon: Wentzville, Mo. (11) | Research | Shop
16. Jeep Grand Cherokee: Detroit (26) | Research | Shop
17. Honda Accord: Marysville, Ohio (15) | Research | Shop
18. Toyota Avalon: Georgetown, Ky. (29) | Research | Shop
19. Lexus ES: Georgetown, Ky.* (28) | Research | Shop
20. Lincoln Navigator, Navigator L: Louisville, Ky. (54) | Research | Shop

https://www.cars.com/articles/2021-cars-com-american-made-index-which-cars-are-the-most-american-437020/

I don't believe that list is accurate. Ranger was up there near the top when it came out in 2019 and nothing has changed since then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't believe that list is accurate. Ranger was up there near the top when it came out in 2019 and nothing has changed since then. 

In 2020, Ranger rated No 1, now it’s 28 with no change of content mix.

All I can think is that it’s been beaten by others increasing  local content

but no detail of how much more……

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The cars.com list is utter BS, it doesn't factor in where the company is headquartered or where most of the R&D is done. It figures that our resident Toyota fanboy would link it. But maybe they made some some changes to correct this, there's more vehicles from American manufacturers near the top than there used to be. 

Edited by AGR

7 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

It's only "blurred" for people of your ilk. Domestic: Ford, GM, Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, and (via a grandfather clause) Chrysler. Foreign: everything else.

I only included the startups that have (so far, as far as I know) actually manufactured vehicles.

48 minutes ago, AGR said:

It's only "blurred" for people of your ilk. Domestic: Ford, GM, Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, and (via a grandfather clause) Chrysler. Foreign: everything else.

I only included the startups that have (so far, as far as I know) actually manufactured vehicles.

I don’t consider Stellantis domestic. LUCID is  60% owned by Saudi Arabia, so I don’t consider them domestic either. 

The cars thing is designed to make people feel better about purchasing their Honda. 

2 hours ago, AGR said:

Thats a very narrow minded view considering other brands have a lot of U.S. employees including design, engineering, factory and dealerships.

Not to mention those domestic brands also produce vehicles in other countries and import them as well as importing parts.

Having a personal preference based on where a vehicle is made or the headquarters location is fine but from an economic standpoint it’s not that simple.

12 hours ago, AGR said:

Not sure where you got that I'm happy about Toyota being the number 1 auto seller. Just reading the data where Toyota leads in sales in most major segments. I think their vehicles are mostly ugly. However, I do admire their hybrid efforts over the years.

If Ford hadn't come out with Escape hybrid that gets me 50+ mpg most of the time, I probably would have had to consider a RAV 4 hybrid. Thank god Ford came through.

Now I hope Ford offers hybrid versions in all segments. Looks like they are with Powerboost, Corsair and Aviator plugins, Escape and Maverick hybrids, and Explorer too. Bronco Sport in 2023. 

2 hours ago, sullynd said:

I don’t consider Stellantis domestic. LUCID is  60% owned by Saudi Arabia, so I don’t consider them domestic either. 

The cars thing is designed to make people feel better about purchasing their Honda. 

I wouldn't tell the people that make Ram and Jeep products in the Midwest that. Stellantis just built a new plant in Detroit building the new Grand Wagoneer. Not to mention the huge Jefferson plant, huge Ram plant in Warren and Sterling Heights. Not to mention the huge Stellantis campus in Auburn Heights that rivals Ford's Dearborn campus. 

15 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Not sure where you got that I'm happy about Toyota being the number 1 auto seller. Just reading the data where Toyota leads in sales in most major segments. I think their vehicles are mostly ugly. However, I do admire their hybrid efforts over the years.

I believe the only reason they still sell is purely reputation and repeat buyers 

17 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I believe the only reason they still sell is purely reputation and repeat buyers 

Probably right, and Kia and Hyundai are certainly making a run at Toyota. And Genisis is putting pressure on Lexus. The Korean cars are seen as more car for less money with longer warranties. Worrisome for Toyota and Honda. 

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Probably right, and Kia and Hyundai are certainly making a run at Toyota. And Genisis is putting pressure on Lexus. The Korean cars are seen as more car for less money with longer warranties. Worrisome for Toyota and Honda. 

It's certainly not on performance and features. Toyota has been middle of the road in that department for years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AGR said:

Those "Everything else" employ a lot of people in the U.S. and add a lot of money to our economy. With all due respect-I find your views on this matter-simplistic at best.

My Dads 87 Celica was his first foreign car. He had one problem with it, a bad rear window (plastic - convertible) that was taken care of right away. Service was great, car was reliable. His next car was an Olds Trofeo. He had a list of over a hundred issues with the car. His next car was a Lexus SC300 , which is still one of my favorite cars, he had zero issues and received outstanding service, save for one Benz he’s owned nothing but Lexus since.  For that generation I would imagine there are a lot of people who the domestics lost in the 80s. If Toyota (or Honda, Nissan, etc) has treated you well why go back?  Younger generations grew up with there being lots of foreign options, and no preference for domestics (or for many a learned need to avoid them). i.e. I’ll never buy a GM because Dad had a bad Olds (not me, just an example).

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I wouldn't tell the people that make Ram and Jeep products in the Midwest that. Stellantis just built a new plant in Detroit building the new Grand Wagoneer. Not to mention the huge Jefferson plant, huge Ram plant in Warren and Sterling Heights. Not to mention the huge Stellantis campus in Auburn Heights that rivals Ford's Dearborn campus. 

It’s a good thing Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, etc don’t all have substantial capital in the US too. Imagine telling someone in Alabama the SantaFe is foreign. 

Stellantis is no more domestic than Hyundai is. 

Edited by sullynd

19 minutes ago, sullynd said:

It’s a good thing Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, etc don’t all have substantial capital in the US too. Imagine telling someone in Alabama the SantaFe is foreign. 

Stellantis is no more domestic than Hyundai is. 

So what are you going to do if VW swallows up Ford someday? Could happen. I know the Ford family will have final OK, but no dividend again is probably stressing out some Ford family members. VW has swallowed up lots of companies and now has partnered with Ford. For example, the MachE looks a lot like the VW ID.

The Mach-E is in no relation to, nor does it look anything like the ID.4. 

In some parallel universe where VW takes over Ford (not going to happen due to how the stock is split with the family) Ford would no longer be a domestic automaker, just like Stellantis is not. 

8 hours ago, jpd80 said:

In 2020, Ranger rated No 1, now it’s 28 with no change of content mix.

All I can think is that it’s been beaten by others increasing  local content

but no detail of how much more……

Thats the only explanation because to my knowledge nothing has really changed a whole lot with the supply base.