Bronco vs Wrangler

Rcpd34

I feel bad for Ford, as it looks like the good Lord is testing them and throwing every possible wrench in the way, to make it hard to get out the Bronco.

From Firestone with U260 in 2000-01, to financial issues and gas prices in the mid-late 2000s, to now an unforeseen pandemic (pre-2020) and resulting effect, throwing it all into chaos once the capital investment and production facilities were there to bring it to market.

They cannot catch a break, as in a great economic and societal climate, these would be flying off the lots since last winter and beat Jeep in numbers.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 2:58 PM, JX1 said:

They cannot catch a break, as in a great economic and societal climate, these would be flying off the lots since last winter and beat Jeep in numbers.

I don't think Ford will ever match Wrangler numbers, unless the Bronco is directly taking Jeep customers away. Jeep sold 200K Wranglers last year with a single factory only building Wranglers. With the Ranger being built at the same plant, its going to make that really hard to do to beat them in the numbers game, but hey at least MAP will be very profitable. 

The Bronco is more or less sold out till 2023 due to MIC top production issue (a second plant is getting stood up at the moment IIRC and won't be on line till next year) and third plant will be building the Modular tops I'm assuming towards the end of next year also. I think Ford will be lucky to hit 50K sales before switching to the 22MY in December. 

Allocation issues are going to bite into sale too...places like Granger Ford, who is out of Iowa has already stated they won't be able to meet their numbers for the 22MY vs the amount of orders they got. I think they got like 1000 reservations and got in maybe 50 this year so far and are only supposed to get 200 next year! 

I feel fortunate that I got my reservation in with in 30-45 minutes of it going live, being the second one at my dealership (they getting about 6-7 including mine this year I'm assuming) to order and I got a loaded basic bitch Big Bend that didn't get hit too hard with comity issues....but lets see if they play any games when it shows up. 

30 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

I don’t think so.

Bronco is built on the Ranger platform with a IFS and the same is true for the 4Runner except it is on the Tacoma platform. 

Objectively the Bronco is less capable than the Wrangler thanks to its IFS and lack of a rear stabilizer bar disconnect. Also, the Wrangler is on a dedicated platform purpose built for off roading.