Latest hold up?

Rcpd34

1 hour ago, BigUnixGeek said:

There's a little bit of hyperbole here, but considering that scheduling has been done already out to at least the week of 11/15, and at least some into 11/22, if you add build time and transport time to that, it won't be long before this will be true.

Well, he clearly said it was official, so I'm curious where he heard it from.  My PCO expires in January and if they won't honor it, I'm gonna be pissed.

The person at work who does ordering for our vehicles and handles fleet said that it’s  impossible to get one before 2022 at this point. You have thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Years. The amount of drivers is already anemic and traditionally the end of the year sees a slowdown during the holidays anyway. Welcome to your actual 2022 Ford Truck. My dealer told me that he “really thinks it will be here in November”. It’s not even scheduled. Keep in mind that the vehicles scheduled still have to deal with rescheduling dates due to various issues as well. The only way you get an unscheduled truck in 2021 would be if Ford suddenly cleans up their processes and has an influx of chips and parts and the transport delays somehow end. Not happening. Nothing is official from Ford. They don’t say anything. If it weren’t for these forums I would have canceled. Ice Capades deserves a huge bonus. My buddy ordered an the same day as me. He just canceled it and bought a Toyota. Wasn’t happy with the lack of communication. 

Edited by ardvark666

13 hours ago, BigUnixGeek said:

There's a little bit of hyperbole here, but considering that scheduling has been done already out to at least the week of 11/15, and at least some into 11/22, if you add build time and transport time to that, it won't be long before this will be true.

It’s not meant to be hyperbolic, more supposition at this point. But it’s not an exaggeration. Ford has been terrible throughout this process. They are the exact opposite or transparent and communicative. 

On 10/16/2021 at 5:15 AM, ardvark666 said:

It’s not meant to be hyperbolic, more supposition at this point. But it’s not an exaggeration. Ford has been terrible throughout this process. They are the exact opposite or transparent and communicative. 

you nailed it w/ "They are the exact opposite or transparent and communicative."

• 3 weeks later...

Order placed for my 2022 F250 6.7L Lariat on 7/19:

Iconic silver, 6ft bed, crew cab, FX4, 3.55 Elec Lock Axel, Lariat Value Package, Camper/High Towing Package, 5th wheel prep, 397A alt, block heater, gooseneck kit, CHMSL, clearance lamps, tailgate step, F/R mudflaps, 18” A/T tires, F/R liners, 6” angular extended running boards, spray in bed liner, all weather floor mats, heated rear seats, carpet delete, and upfitter switches. No AS

It’s 11/2, still nothing scheduled, no VIN. No order confirmation from Ford as my dealer keeps those communications in-house. Dealer has the confirmation though, and I called Ford Marketing who confirmed the order. Just wondering what’s taking long.

Edited by nswan
Info added

On 11/2/2021 at 3:00 PM, nswan said:

Order placed for my 2022 F250 6.7L Lariat on 7/19:

Iconic silver, 6ft bed, crew cab, FX4, 3.55 Elec Lock Axel, Lariat Value Package, Camper/High Towing Package, 5th wheel prep, 397A alt, block heater, gooseneck kit, CHMSL, clearance lamps, tailgate step, F/R mudflaps, 18” A/T tires, F/R liners, 6” angular extended running boards, spray in bed liner, all weather floor mats, heated rear seats, carpet delete, and upfitter switches. No AS

It’s 11/2, still nothing scheduled, no VIN. No order confirmation from Ford as my dealer keeps those communications in-house. Dealer has the confirmation though, and I called Ford Marketing who confirmed the order. Just wondering what’s taking long.

No sure if this has anything to do with orders, but the “Current KTP Shutdown” thread states that the plant has been shutdown this week for repairs or parts or something of the sort to deal with center consoles. my truck was scheduled to be built today, but i am guessing this will be delayed yet another week when the plant resumes operation next week. 

Edited by ikre8kos4u

On 10/15/2021 at 5:21 PM, Rcpd34 said:

Well, he clearly said it was official, so I'm curious where he heard it from.  My PCO expires in January and if they won't honor it, I'm gonna be pissed.

Unless something has changed, your dealer should be able to apply your PCO to your order now.

11 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

Not according to my dealer. He said he was trying to get it extended.

There is a thread on PCO's. Lot's of guys have stated having them applied to the order before the truck was delivered. What does you fine print say? It use to say something like ordered  or purchased.

43 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

There is a thread on PCO's. Lot's of guys have stated having them applied to the order before the truck was delivered. What does you fine print say? It use to say something like ordered  or purchased.

What does PCO stand for?

Edited by nswan

44 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

Yes, it does say that but I am between the cracks here. I ordered the truck before I got the PCO and it will expire before the truck gets delivered. ??‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

What did you order? I ordered a 450 platinum on 6/28 and removed AS on 7/15. I haven’t heard a peep. 

I also ordered a 450 Platinum, but with the AS.  Your post is quite worrisome.  I had the inventory manager check mine yesterday and he said it wasn't showing any commodity restrictions.  I'm not sure how long those take to show up.  My order only went in on 11/5.

Order a 350 CCLB KR 6.7 on 11/12. Dealer estimates 10-14 weeks with the holiday shut downs coming. 
Ordered the KR ultimate, 5th wheel prep, adaptive cruise, 3.55 EL, and other minor stuff. Was advised to not order AS. Received a confirmation of order from ford about 5 minutes after I signed the pricing agreement. 

Family friend got his KR tremor in 16 weeks. Ordered in June. 

59 minutes ago, Marshmallow said:

Order a 350 CCLB KR 6.7 on 11/12. Dealer estimates 10-14 weeks with the holiday shut downs coming. 
Ordered the KR ultimate, 5th wheel prep, adaptive cruise, 3.55 EL, and other minor stuff. Was advised to not order AS. Received a confirmation of order from ford about 5 minutes after I signed the pricing agreement. 

Family friend got his KR tremor in 16 weeks. Ordered in June. 

I order very similar truck to yours, no adaptive cruise,12 weeks ago and still no VIN.

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, ferdbird said:

Day 124. Nothing from Ford. Just pulled up to my dealer. Going inside to see what lies i will be fed today. Wish me luck.

Ask your dealer where you are in their queue based on your priority and their other orders.  If you are not at the lowest priority then that’s between you and your dealer.  If you are first in line then some part is preventing your truck from being built.  There are supply chain issues with hundreds of parts not just the ones mentioned on here.  Ford doesn’t just ignore orders for no reason.  And your dealer has all of the information that’s available.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, akirby said:

Ask your dealer where you are in their queue based on your priority and their other orders.  If you are not at the lowest priority then that’s between you and your dealer.  If you are first in line then some part is preventing your truck from being built.  There are supply chain issues with hundreds of parts not just the ones mentioned on here.  Ford doesn’t just ignore orders for no reason.  And your dealer has all of the information that’s available.

Your post should be required reading before being allowed to ask conspiracy type questions as to why Ford is building everyone else's truck and not mine. Well said, Sir. Thank you. 

Edited by Mister Bill
  • Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 5:17 PM, Mister Bill said:

Your post should be required reading before being allowed to ask conspiracy type questions as to why Ford is building everyone else's truck and not mine. Well said, Sir. Thank you. 

Unfortunately that same exact sentiment has been shared countless times by all the moderators and others and people still seem to think Ford is intentionally holding up orders as a personal vendetta against them.

• Like 2

Thank you for your kind comment. 

I have been second priority since week four. Four trucks have been delivered since August 17th. Out of the 12 they have on order I am the oldest order. Now I just hope for a valentines truck. 

I have never used the word conspiracy at all. Everything is true I guess. My issue is communication. For could at least send out some production numbers to us. Expectations for future builds and such. Even a monthly letter saying “We value you. Sorry for the wait. Please hang in there”. At least then I would not fell forgotten. 

1 hour ago, ferdbird said:

Thank you for your kind comment. 

I have been second priority since week four. Four trucks have been delivered since August 17th. Out of the 12 they have on order I am the oldest order. Now I just hope for a valentines truck. 

I have never used the word conspiracy at all. Everything is true I guess. My issue is communication. For could at least send out some production numbers to us. Expectations for future builds and such. Even a monthly letter saying “We value you. Sorry for the wait. Please hang in there”. At least then I would not fell forgotten. 

But you bought the vehicle from your dealer.  Your dealer should be doing all that hand holding for you.  If you ordered a Sony tv from Best Buy you wouldn’t expect the Sony factory to keep you updated on status.  

The reason there is no specific information is they can’t tell you when all the parts will be available because they don’t know.  Even when parts are supposed to be available they don’t show up.  Trucks get scheduled then rescheduled multiple times.  This is happening to all industries.

• Like 1