'22 Mustang Stealth Edition

The Stealth Package looks very similar to the previous Black Accent Package, although the latter was also available on the GT.

The California Special looks good to me, although I've always liked that one. They are repurposing the Bullitt wheels, albeit in grey rather than black, and the Bullitt grille though........so I think Ford are using up supplies before S650 roles in for the '23MY :)

• Like 1

Having a 2019 Bullitt I’m a little disappointed they are reusing some parts from the Bullitt in 2022, oh well! As long as they don’t use Dark Highland Green…lol

I really like the export tail lamps here, I may look into getting those, rather than after market ones for sale. 

It will be interesting how Ford tops the current Mustang design in 2023, as to me, it’s perfect right now…hope they don’t mess it up.

10 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

Having a 2019 Bullitt I’m a little disappointed they are reusing some parts from the Bullitt in 2022, oh well! As long as they don’t use Dark Highland Green…lol

I really like the export tail lamps here, I may look into getting those, rather than after market ones for sale. 

It will be interesting how Ford tops the current Mustang design in 2023, as to me, it’s perfect right now…hope they don’t mess it up.

I mean, the few credible leaks we have received imply the s650 will be amazing. With ExplorerDude claiming that the s650 was "gorgeous". The sculpture they showed looked very promising as well. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

I mean, the few credible leaks we have received imply the s650 will be amazing. With ExplorerDude claiming that the s650 was "gorgeous". The sculpture they showed looked very promising as well. 

My bigger concern is where will it be built? I genuinely believe in my gut that FRAP is going to be closed soon. 

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My bigger concern is where will it be built? I genuinely believe in my gut that FRAP is going to be closed soon. 

I really hope it stays there for the duration of S650 (2028-2030??). That would, to me, make most sense, especially if S650 is "just" a heavy refresh of S550 as is being reported. But, more importantly, I hope it stays there for those that work there, including a friend of mine :(

1 hour ago, spudz64 said:

The export taillights look better than the Red N.A. ones, there's something design wise about the clear lenses that makes the rear end look more finished and clean, they look especially better on dark colors. If they are just export ones you do end up losing the sequential turn signal function. The outer most bar is Amber on the export ones and functions like a regular turn signal. They are not split like the MACH-E, Where the one 1/2 of the section is sequential turn signal and the other is brake. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If you're ok with me asking, why do you believe FRAP will be closed? Yes, it's an old plant, but many Ford plants are relatively old. The plant is likely running at drastically reduced capacity after the loss of the fusion and continental. But ford is probably working on another product that will be built in FRAP alongside the mustang to maximize plant production output.

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

If you're ok with me asking, why do you believe FRAP will be closed? Yes, it's an old plant, but many Ford plants are relatively old. The plant is likely running at drastically reduced capacity after the loss of the fusion and continental. But ford is probably working on another product that will be built in FRAP alongside the mustang to maximize plant production output.

There's a lot of space issues that limit they type of vehicles that can be built there for starters. The biggest reason is Its old and hasn't had any sizeable investments in the equipment in decades. Nearly every other plant has been gutted and rebuilt. Even Chicago which they like to brag about being the oldest operating plant has brand new equipment in it (as of 2019). Building Mustang alone there can't be a profitable endeavor and with the fact that not 1 but 2 massive projects have been announced for that plant and subsequently cancelled and 1 more (brand new paint shop) that was never formally announced but is known based on public applications for approval was also cancelled I see no way that plant survives the next UAW negotiation. Then there's the issues they had last month with the gas tanks leaking gasoline into the public sewer system and the fact that they're not running again due to chip shortages (or so they say, I've heard some rumors that suggest the reason is more than just that) this week and next and possibly more it just doesn't look good IMO. 

I don't know where S650 will be built but I would be willing to put money on it not being in Flat Rock. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

36 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

FRAP has only produced cars since 1987....not that old in the car biz...