2022 Lexus LX600 Revealed

rmc523

This doesn't compete with anything from Ford or Lincoln. A XL-sized fixed top Bronco in a tux on T3, maybe so.

Toyota Sequoia does, which should be coming out real soon. This just might degenerate into polarized discussion like the Tundra, considering the subject matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JX1 said:

This doesn't compete with anything from Ford or Lincoln. A XL-sized fixed top Bronco in a tux on T3, maybe so.

Toyota Sequoia does, which should be coming out real soon. This just might degenerate into polarized discussion like the Tundra, considering the subject matter.

4 Runner is more of Bronco competitor, not Sequoia, which aligns with Expy.

Regardless, it's irrelevant to the LX.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:07 AM, mustang84isu said:

It's interesting how everyone is now jumping on the bandwagon of spelling the brand's name out with wide set letters in lieu of having a logo.  Lincoln was a trendsetter.

Yeah, Lexus is definitely going "me too" with the rear designs of the full width lightbar and now spelling out the name. 

That overstated grill on current models is what made Lexus be taken off our "short list" when we were looking this summer (when the better half gets a new car, I get her to look at everything offered on the market, so she doesn't have regrets....lol).  We both found the front end hideous on the '21 models - someone obviously decided to WhataSize it.....

On 10/16/2021 at 11:08 PM, silvrsvt said:

1970's Cylon - By Your Command - YouTube

Most people don't realize that in that show, Baltar's second in command, Lucifer was voiced by the same Actor who played DR. Smith in Lost in space. I'd always imagine that Lucifer off screen was yelling at the Cylons, "you bumbling bolt!" and stuff like that all day.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:50 PM, rmc523 said:

4 Runner is more of Bronco competitor, not Sequoia, which aligns with Expy.

Regardless, it's irrelevant to the LX.

Reread what I said, I mentioned T3, not T6. A Bronco in a tux on T3 architecture (F-Series, Expy/Navi) would be a Lincoln with an SRA.

These have never competed directly with anything Ford sells and this was noted when the nameplate was launched in 1996 and when first redesigned in 1998, where a Ford executive expressly stated that the Land Cruiser and LX are not on their radar.

Toyota's target has always been Japanese competition and/or Range Rover with this vehicle. Not Lincoln.

The day Toyota decides to make a larger Sequoia-sized offering at Lexus, they are not competing with Lincoln in this category.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:39 PM, Dlcorbett said:

The navigator is a competitor to the lx.  Full sized body on frame luxury suvs with 3 rows of seats priced at or over $100k.  It's funny, many ppl criticized ford for not putting the wiper in the spoiler like Toyota and gm, and now lexus abandoned it on their own suvs.

The Infiniti QX80 tries to compete with the Escalade and Navigator. This plainly doesn't, as maybe a Sequoia sized Lexus vehicle would. In its own category essentially.

This generation of LX looks to be targeting cost-cutting anyway, based on what I have seen. It's not the leap I would've liked to see after 14 years, like I got with the 2018 Navigator.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:07 AM, mustang84isu said:

It's interesting how everyone is now jumping on the bandwagon of spelling the brand's name out with wide set letters in lieu of having a logo.  Lincoln was a trendsetter.

Hardly true at all, as a number of examples predate the U554, which has been out since 2017.

I try to be objective as a Ford guy and cannot consider that to be fairly accurate, when Lincoln easily borrowed that from R A N G E    R O V E R (sub-brand) and P O R S C H E.

As the case with the 2011 Explorer, it's obvious where the spelled out letters came from.range_rover_9.thumb.jpg.1c8e9adcb329ad37ed0393b48dcf4667.jpgff72af73-3b8c-4677-a7b6-1e5ce2d5f172.png.638c06945558b20c27cd2190a94f7c67.png

53 minutes ago, JX1 said:

Reread what I said, I mentioned T3, not T6. A Bronco in a tux on T3 architecture (F-Series, Expy/Navi) would be a Lincoln with an SRA.

These have never competed directly with anything Ford sells and this was noted when the nameplate was launched in 1996 and when first redesigned in 1998, where a Ford executive expressly stated that the Land Cruiser and LX are not on their radar.

Toyota's target has always been Japanese competition and/or Range Rover with this vehicle. Not Lincoln.

The day Toyota decides to make a larger Sequoia-sized offering at Lexus, they are not competing with Lincoln in this category.

The Infiniti QX80 tries to compete with the Escalade and Navigator. This plainly doesn't, as maybe a Sequoia sized Lexus vehicle would. In its own category essentially.

This generation of LX looks to be targeting cost-cutting anyway, based on what I have seen. It's not the leap I would've liked to see after 14 years, like I got with the 2018 Navigator.

Hardly true at all, as a number of examples predate the U554, which has been out since 2017.

I try to be objective as a Ford guy and cannot consider that to be fairly accurate, when Lincoln easily borrowed that from R A N G E    R O V E R (sub-brand) and P O R S C H E.

As the case with the 2011 Explorer, it's obvious where the spelled out letters came from.range_rover_9.thumb.jpg.1c8e9adcb329ad37ed0393b48dcf4667.jpgff72af73-3b8c-4677-a7b6-1e5ce2d5f172.png.638c06945558b20c27cd2190a94f7c67.png

Yes, since Lincoln NEVER did spaced out letters before in their history......before Range Rover even existed....pure copying lol.

1950 Lincoln Lido coupe | Lincoln motor, Lincoln motor company, Lincoln cars

1950 Lincoln Cosmopolitan — Veloce Picture Cars

• Like 1
  • Haha 1