What was your trade in or previous rig?

Fogbelly

In the process of selling a 2019 ram 3500 CC DRW Laramie. Prior to this, my wife and I always had Ford trucks, along with many other cars from many other manufactures.

I ordered the ram the way I wanted and after I had it for a couple months, I was going to sell my 2005 F350 CC DRW (V10 with 4.30's). But my wife suggested keeping the F350 and selling my Jaguar XJR, which she didn't like (the seats were uncomfortable for her).

Best decision ever. The F350 has never had a problem. In fact, we've never really owned any cars or trucks that have had problems. 

The ram pull great, is quiet and the engine braking is wonderful. But, the manufacture and dealers suck big time. The new truck has never had a properly functioning radio, heater or AC, along with other problems. It's been in the shop numerous times. Plus it's been in the shop numerous times for recalls. If the dealers or the manufacture could fix problems, or could do a recall in less than 3 appointments over a 6 month period, I might have a different opinion. But, after dealing with the low-IQ dealers and low IQ manufacture for 2 years, forget it. I'll never get anything ram/dodge/FCA/peugeot again. It's pulls our trailers great and the engine braking going down steep grades is great. 

What I've noticed is that the manufacture (ram) knows their customers very well. The average ram customer will buy anything that has a cummins engine. And, they will accept anything that the manufacture provides, including defects, as long as the truck pulls a heavy load up a hill. That's all the typical ram customer/owner cares about. And the manufacture knows it. So, they sell substandard trucks that can pull heavy loads up hills. But the rest of the truck? Who cares. What if the AC doesn't work and there are TSBs? Big deal. Dealers won't do crap. Radio doesn't work? Who cares. Heater doesn't work? Who cares. Safety recalls and you can't get the safety recall done? Who cares. Body clunks with TSBs? Who cares. Ram knows what to sell and the typical owner will defend the manufacture if the truck has any problems. It's fricken bizarre. So, ram sells crap because the average ram owner is accepting of crap.

16 hours ago, Zumari said:

The average ram customer will buy anything that has a cummins engine. And, they will accept anything that the manufacture provides, including defects, as long as the truck pulls a heavy load up a hill. That's all the typical ram customer/owner cares about. And the manufacture knows it. So, they sell substandard trucks that can pull heavy loads up hills. But the rest of the truck? Who cares. 

I think this applies to many Ford and GM owners as well.  

2 hours ago, bshort said:

I think this applies to many Ford and GM owners as well.  

LOL. You're saying that that average Ford or GM owner won't have a problem buying a new truck that doesn't have a functioning heater? Or a function AC, or a functioning radio? Or other problems that aren't related to the engine?

This doesn't apply in the way you think. The average diehard dodge/ram truck owners are a different breed.

Edited by akirby
Removed name calling

53 minutes ago, Zumari said:

LOL. You're saying that that average Ford or GM owner won't have a problem buying a new truck that doesn't have a functioning heater? Or a function AC, or a functioning radio? Or other problems that aren't related to the engine?

This doesn't apply in the way you think. The average diehard dodge/ram truck owners are a different breed.

I edited your post.  No need for name calling just because someone prefers another brand.

On 10/13/2021 at 8:16 AM, Zumari said:

I said many, not average.  I know word comprehension can be difficult, but please give us your best effort.  

16 hours ago, bshort said:

I said many, not average.  I know word comprehension can be difficult, but please give us your best effort.  

I said average several times in my original post. I guess, word comprehension for you appears to be the root of the problem, because you gave it your best effort. LOL.

Edited by Zumari

I provided the facts about owning a ram, which includes my interactions with the manufacture, the dealers and the owners. They had their two years to make it right. So, I'm switching back to Ford. 

Realistically, I'm switching from ram to anything else. In the last few months, we have bought a new Jaguar and a new Lincoln. We also considered MB, Volvo, Genesis, Porsche, Audi, and several others. But regarding the truck, we haven't ordered it yet, although I have the X plan pin and a dealer provided a price. 

Should be getting my lariat ult. 450 at the end of the month(ordered may 18).  Will be replacing 2005 gmc 1500hd with quadrasteer.  More like putting out to pasture, will never sell, love the quadrasteer but need more tow capacity.  It’s funny, nowadays most people don’t know about quadrasteer(even some salesman).  When shopping/ordering was told by a few people how I’d be amazed at the turning radius of the 450 vs my current truck.

Ordered by 250 XLT 08/10.  Finished the camping season with my 2012 F-150 Super Crew Eco-Boost.  Only had 30,000 miles.  Did REALLY well selling it.  Now just waiting on the new one.  Just needs to be here before April.  :c)  With the current problems, think that might be pushing it.  Hahaha.