Understanding "Production Week Scheduling Information"

BigUnixGeek

Could someone explain to me how to interpret the information in the Production Week Scheduling Information that is posted in the topic of the same name?  The format has changed since the inception of that topic, and I have no idea what I'm looking at in the latest information that's being posted there.

Thanks,

Rob

Yes. Look for the top where it has the week we're in. In the latest notes we're looking at the week of October 11th which is today. Scroll down and look for your Ford model on the left of the screen. Once you find your model, in the center column it says production week scheduling. IN my case for Super Duty's it says 11-1. This means vehicles selected for scheduling this week will be given production build dates of 11-1. On the right column there is build notes if applicable.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/8/2021 at 8:02 PM, Old fat and Grumpy said:

how  do i find the build schedule for f250. placed a order on aug 2 2021 and hve not got anything from  the dealership about build dare or vin number. all they tell me when they know anything. Starting to feel  like they are telling me what I want to hear to shut me up. what is a realistic lead time on this order.

Did you get a build date yet?  I ordered a F250 on Nov 11 but no build date yet.  Dealer said it may take until spring to come in.

What does below mean in relation to super duty orders?  Ford found some more parts and will schedule a few more the week?  SIMS?  

• Balance to go F150, Super Duty, Transit Connect Van and Transit Connect Wagon SIMS orders have been created using commodities still available at the plant for this week’s scheduling.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lee2021 said:

What does below mean in relation to super duty orders?  Ford found some more parts and will schedule a few more the week?  SIMS?  

• Balance to go F150, Super Duty, Transit Connect Van and Transit Connect Wagon SIMS orders have been created using commodities still available at the plant for this week’s scheduling.

The "Balance to go" refers to remaining allocation for orders not already showing as "Selected for Scheduling" on the AM Preview Scheduling Report. For Dealers having Super Duty allocation, the report will also show commodity and plant constraints applicable for each Super Duty order not showing as selected for scheduling. 

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, slingha said:

When they say that they've cancelled scheduling for week x for model Y does that mean nothing getting built that week for a specific vehicle?

Negative, it has nothing to do with building vehicles. It means that for that week, none of that model will be selected from the Unscheduled Order Banks for scheduling, which provides a VIN and Build Week. When your vehicle is scheduled, it receives a build week in the future. Super Dutys scheduled yesterday received build dates in March.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, slingha said:

When they say that they've cancelled scheduling for week x for model Y does that mean nothing getting built that week for a specific vehicle?

No. It just means that there's no scheduling that week. It has nothing to do with production. They make up the cancelled scheduling with additional scheduling the following week.

I have a question concerning current Plant shut downs. When a Assembly Plant closes for a week, does that mean that all previously scheduled orders are pushed out a week? Say a build that was scheduled for the week of Feb 14th would now be moved out one week to the week of Feb 21st?

On 2/7/2022 at 4:30 PM, B.Rocket said:

I have a question concerning current Plant shut downs. When a Assembly Plant closes for a week, does that mean that all previously scheduled orders are pushed out a week? Say a build that was scheduled for the week of Feb 14th would now be moved out one week to the week of Feb 21st?

I have wondered the same thing , My Explorer ST had a build date of Feb 14th, but with them shutting down the plant I'm wondering what happens to my build now? I also wondering about all the SUVS that have been waiting on chips . How do they choose which ones get the chips first , do they pull all of the soon to be built Explorers off the line and put the already built ones back on to get the chips installed or are the chips but in off site? Just so many questions . Mainly just my mind wondering .. LOL 

On 2/7/2022 at 4:30 PM, B.Rocket said:

It would seem reasonable to expect the production schedule to get pushed back a week or whatever period the plant is down. The revised, scheduled production date information should be available in the Vehicle Visibility report that your Dealer can access 24/7.

1 hour ago, LilmissST said:

I have wondered the same thing, My Explorer ST had a build date of Feb 14th, but with them shutting down the plant I'm wondering what happens to my build now? I also wondering about all the SUVS that have been waiting on chips. How do they choose which ones get the chips first, do they pull all of the soon to be built Explorers off the line and put the already built ones back on to get the chips installed or are the chips but in off site? Just so many questions . Mainly just my mind wondering .. LOL 

Ford doesn't provide information to their Dealers as to which vehicles are going to go on "Micro Chip Hold", why, how they select which vehicles that are held will get required microchips, when or in what order. You're looking for answers on a potential microchip hold on a vehicle that hasn't even been produced yet. In any event, your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that will include a notation if (repeat IF) your vehicle is help for the microchip issue. If so, there's nothing either your Dealer or the Ford regional office can do about it as it's a matter resolved by the plant. 

6 hours ago, Pauljbouda said:

How much impact will the slowdown have on already scheduled orders? Should I expect to be rescheduled several times?

Well, speaking from experience, it may happen. My F150 was ordered on 10/8, and my first build week was 1/17, and it was changed 3 times since. My last build week was 2/7, and KCAP shut down that week, so I’m onto another week. lol 

The way things are now with chips, the workforce, parts shortages, etc. you just have to be patient and wait it out. There’s really nothing you can do. Ford wants to sell you a vehicle, but it’s just kind of chaotic for all manufacturers right now.

I placed my order on 1/20 for a ‘22 expedition limited with 302a package.  I’ve seen people comment that they have there vin and build date who’s orders where confirmed either the same date or after mine.  Does anyone know how ford selects builds to be scheduled?  My order was nothing fancy. 

On 2/16/2022 at 3:53 AM, nyanksr1 said:

I placed my order on 1/20 for a ‘22 expedition limited with 302a package.  I’ve seen people comment that they have there vin and build date who’s orders where confirmed either the same date or after mine.  Does anyone know how ford selects builds to be scheduled?  My order was nothing fancy. 

Give this a read. It's a few years old but is still relevant.

The Ford ordering process explained from start to finish | Ford Focus RS Forum

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 5:23 AM, ice-capades said:

No. It just means that there's no scheduling that week. It has nothing to do with production. They make up the cancelled scheduling with additional scheduling the following week.

Does this include COVP orders? Scheduling is scheduling but with incremental allocations and priority scheduling does this fall outside of a dealer's regular weekly earned allocations for scheduling? 

• 2 weeks later...