Floor mats: best heavy duty ones for snow and salt

Kyoshea

Hello, 

I searched this forum but found answers on all other models.  What do you guys think are the best floor mats for heavy duty use.  I snow plow and get tons of snow and salt in the cab from constantly getting in and out.  My last set of Weathertech's didn't work so well and the husky's I had awhile ago warped and wore through.  I noticed on my friend's SD that the factory ones don't offer a ton of protection down the sill plates and his truck has salt stains on the carpet from the mat not draining out properly.  Any good recommendations for the 2022 model I have on order that maybe will get built someday soon.  Currently it looks like a Christmas delivery and I don't want to trash the factory carpet right out of the gate.    

Used Weathertech for years on the old trucks wore through a couple on my heels.

For the 350 platinum, I ordered it with the vinyl floor option +$115. No carpet. Delivered with both rubber and carpeted mats. Carpet for the summer. Rubber for the winter. Figured I always covered the carpet with mats, why not try the vinyl underneath. Looks great. Best decision I made.

I know it doesn't help in your decision. 

Edited by Buckymaster
  • Like 1

Had Husky's before, loved the pocket they had on edge.  I plow some also so every a.m.  i would pop out the ice from the day before.  My last King had weathertech,  not great during plow season, ice water slides out all the time.   My new King has the OE stuff,  will have to see but I don't like the push button removal and install on these.  I like to pull them every other day to keep her clean,  its hard with the buttons.....

I ordered these Genuine Ford 2017-2021 Super Duty Super/Crew Cab Mats, HC3Z-2613300-BA, which should be here today.  They look like the same type of mat I had in my Raptor, which covers down to the sill.  The ones in my Raptor held up very well for the 72k miles I had it.  No holes or any wear spots.  Most of all I like their rubbery feel compared to the plastic feel of the Weathertechs I’ve had.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 12:11 PM, Kyoshea said:

I ordered the Weathertechs new version HP.  As soon as the truck gets built I'll post some pictures.  Not sure what the big difference is on the HP except for price.  

I will probably go the same route.  Waiting to hear your experience. TIA 

On 10/11/2021 at 3:17 PM, Kyoshea said:

Hello, 

I searched this forum but found answers on all other models.  What do you guys think are the best floor mats for heavy duty use.  I snow plow and get tons of snow and salt in the cab from constantly getting in and out.  My last set of Weathertech's didn't work so well and the husky's I had awhile ago warped and wore through.  I noticed on my friend's SD that the factory ones don't offer a ton of protection down the sill plates and his truck has salt stains on the carpet from the mat not draining out properly.  Any good recommendations for the 2022 model I have on order that maybe will get built someday soon.  Currently it looks like a Christmas delivery and I don't want to trash the factory carpet right out of the gate.    

I always found Husky to be the best.  Bid more rubberized feel so your boots don;t slide around as much