Hard Braking pulls her to the right.

d232799

Unsure what I should do.  Had a deer jump out at me several weeks ago,  truck pulled hard to the right.  I've tried this several times since and its somewhat odd and repeatable.  Front end pulls hard right with the rear swinging out on the left side.  I know I know take the truck in,  but I wonder with only 800 miles,  should I just bleed the brakes and see if its just got air in her?   Thanks Rob

14 hours ago, d232799 said:

Unsure what I should do.  Had a deer jump out at me several weeks ago,  truck pulled hard to the right.  I've tried this several times since and its somewhat odd and repeatable.  Front end pulls hard right with the rear swinging out on the left side.  I know I know take the truck in,  but I wonder with only 800 miles,  should I just bleed the brakes and see if its just got air in her?   Thanks Rob

With that few of miles, I wouldn't touch it.  Doing anything at this point could mask what the issue is.  Let them run diagnostics.  It could be anything from contamination to a bad ABS module.  Plus you paid for the truck which has a warranty that covers this kind of stuff, why not use it.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:25 PM, d232799 said:

same problem here. bled brakes properly, improved but not perfect. note, did full Carli level but the problem was there stock.

Could be an alignment issue. My car did this until I finally had a proper 4 wheel alignment done on it. It wasnt out enough for me to really feel it during normal driving, but braking definitely made it veer to the left in my case.

Edited by mattdm

There is another guy on here that had the same issue I remember the post. I can't remember what the cause was or if he even posted what the cause was but maybe worth a shot to message him direct. 

It was a recent post so it should not be too hard to find if I run across. I will post it here

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

• 2 weeks later...

So finally got my King Ranch 350 in for a checkup on the braking issue.  Now at 1200 miles it pulls much less than before.  Ford tech says "tire pressures all screwed up"  seems better.  No real issues found.  They also re-attached the rubber tail gate bumper that popped off after one month.  Wow what a cheap item that should be bolted on but Ford uses a plastic push pin.

Just wanted to update everyone. 

• Like 1

I had this happen to me last week (2022 F250 Platinum).  A car pulled in front of me and I slammed on my brakes....BIG pull to the right.  I think I have my collision avoidance system turned on, which, as I understand it, will turn you to the right with an imminent collision.  I assumed that is what happened in my case.  Might be good to see if this feature is turned on or off.  Maybe turn it off and see what happens.  Just a thought.