Tire Pressures

KB14

There is no such thing as recommended pressure on the sidewall.

That is the absolute maximum pressure you should ever run at any time on any vehicle.

Recommended pressure is on the sticker on the driver’s door jamb.  I would assume it matches the app recommendation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KB14 said:

My ford app says to run front tires at 60 psi and the rear tires at 75 psi. I have always run tire pressures at recommended psi that is on the tire side walls. Should I change?  What are your thoughts

Depends what you are using the truck for and the load on the tires.

With our F-350 SRW, I ran the rear tires at 60 psi and when towing with 3,000 lbs on the rear axle, I increased to 80 psi. The higher pressure was required for the load.

3 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Depends what you are using the truck for and the load on the tires.

With our F-350 SRW, I ran the rear tires at 60 psi and when towing with 3,000 lbs on the rear axle, I increased to 80 psi. The higher pressure was required for the load.

That’s what I do on my F350 SRW also. No use running excess pressure in rear tires if your not carrying near max load. 

• Like 1

While Towing the camper to the beach , I kept mine at at 80 rear 60 front.

While I was out in the sand I took everything down to 20 psi... then aired them up to what you see in the picture.

Truck feels more crisp with 80 in the back but much smoother ride keeping them at 60 65.

But it is a real pain in the butt to reprogram tire pressure monitor. So I just deal with the little tire Idiot light.

I put a thousand miles on the truck this week as you can see, when we left the house with the camper hooked up we had 50 miles on the truck.?

16344043066996658205554047177495.jpg

20211011_151813.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR