Missing On Delivery

My F350 has finally arrived and is ready to pick up. A couple problems though. The factory winch hasn't arrived, nor has the TPMS trailer kit, which is supposed to ship separately.

I'm told the winch ships from a third party, so they don't actually know where it is or when it will arrive. Both options are on the window sticker, so I'm essentially going to to need to buy the vehicle with some sort of rider stating we're waiting on these two things. 

The good news is they're only charging a couple hours of labor for the winch. 

Sound a bit weird?

5 hours ago, Blackdiamond925 said:

My F350 has finally arrived and is ready to pick up. A couple problems though. The factory winch hasn't arrived, nor has the TPMS trailer kit, which is supposed to ship separately.

I'm told the winch ships from a third party, so they don't actually know where it is or when it will arrive. Both options are on the window sticker, so I'm essentially going to to need to buy the vehicle with some sort of rider stating we're waiting on these two things. 

Sound a bit weird?

I've heard that's the norm.

My truck was damaged upon delivery and missing a part.  Told 14 days for everything to arrive....it's been 55 days and no eta.  Dealer blames Ford, Ford plays stupid (I don't think they're actually playing though).  I'd be asking for free labor on that winch.  

Don’t underestimate Ford’s inability to manage things like this.  Their systems and processes are setup to build new vehicles en masse and ship them right away.  When abnormal things happen the process breaks down.  

Also - sometimes the dealer is at fault but won’t admit it.  

On 10/13/2021 at 8:24 PM, Blackdiamond925 said:

Sound a bit weird?

FYI... Here's the information on Dealer Installed Options (DIO)

Dealer Installed Options (DIO)

Ford Accessories is excited to announce the new Dealer Installed Options (DIO) Program!

What’s happening to FIA?
Beginning in the 2021MY, DIO has replaced FIA.

There are two (2) main changes to the program that enables Ford to have more orderable content and provide increased Dealer support:

• Vehicle Ordering – changes were made to the vehicle ordering system to allow additional options
    • All DIO options must be order through the WBDO system

What is DIO?
Like FIA, these are accessories that are ordered with the vehicle and installed at the Dealership before the customer takes delivery of the vehicle. These accessories / parts are reflected on the Moroney Label.

Accessory FADs bundle the DIO content for a specific VIN and send to the Dealership as one package. The Dealership matches it with the vehicle and performs the installation.

Installation / Labor
Installation is paid for by FORD. The dealership receives credit on their part statement once the vehicle is gate released from the plant.

• Order via WBDO with the vehicle – like a normal RPO.
  • Featured on the Window Sticker from the factory.
  • Appears on the Factory Invoice.
  • Ships directly to the Dealer for installation.
  • DIO Content Can Be Residualized.
  • Includes 3 Year/36,000 Warranty Coverage.
  • Like 2