2022 Ford Focus Facelift Revealed

2022 Ford Focus Facelift Revealed With SYNC 4 And Mean Green ST

image.thumb.png.388214c9d79e8f9098202de36c440d80.png

After giving the Fiesta an update last month, Ford is refreshing the Focus with many revisions inside and out. All trims get redesigned standard LED headlights with built-in fog lights for a cleaner front fascia. At an extra cost, pixel LED headlights work with a front camera to shut off parts of the headlight to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. The upper-spec lights also use the camera to read the road ahead and illuminate the inside of a curve.

A major change has been made inside the cabin where the 2022 Focus switches to Ford's latest SYNC 4 infotainment system. It features a larger 13.2-inch touchscreen with support for over-the-air updates as well as wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. The bigger display has swallowed the physical controls for the climate settings to create a less cluttered center console, although we're positive some will miss the traditional buttons and knobs.

https://www.motor1.com/news/540515/2022-ford-focus-facelift-specs-photos/

• Like 3

I'm sad to say that it's been a common theme, at least since the 80's, for U.S. Ford fans to wonder why they give Europe (and formerly, Australia) vehicles that we can't get over here.  I've seen those explanations/arguments for most of my life, now, and it always seems to go their way.

We get the Mustang and trucks, but they got so many vehicles/tech that we were flatly denied over the years....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZanatWork said:

I'm sad to say that it's been a common theme, at least since the 80's, for U.S. Ford fans to wonder why they give Europe (and formerly, Australia) vehicles that we can't get over here.  I've seen those explanations/arguments for most of my life, now, and it always seems to go their way.

We get the Mustang and trucks, but they got so many vehicles/tech that we were flatly denied over the years....

Yeah, really tired of these Ford statements on new products like Evos...."for China or Europe only." I guess North America is only seen as a bunch of pickup  driving Yahoos. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZanatWork said:

12 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Yeah, really tired of these Ford statements on new products like Evos...."for China or Europe only." I guess North America is only seen as a bunch of pickup  driving Yahoos. 

Archaic regulations are what’s holding a lot of that out of our market. A shit-ton of them date back to the 70s at latest. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

what I don't understand about Ford is why they give their compact car the same screen as their most luxurious vehicle ?‍♂️ The Focus can be model sold outside the US but it doesn't make any sense

Focus:

image.thumb.png.6b6ecf3bb1b7a3c84ba3252e70c79595.png

Lincoln Navigator:

image.thumb.png.dd1d619530b804c824f330de771bbb9b.png

Because in some markets the Focus competes it can top $45,000 USD; different market different price points.  

11 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Because in some markets the Focus competes it can top $45,000 USD; different market different price points.  

Kia is throwing a 10.25” screen in the forte for 2022. I believe there are several compact SUVs that also have screens 10+ inches in the US now. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

yeah I understand that but if the focus top at 45k, the Navi top at 100k, so it doesn't make any sense.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to see Ford models with screens as the competition but then it seems there is a problem with the decisions at Lincoln

1 hour ago, joseodiaga4 said:

yeah I understand that but if the focus top at 45k, the Navi top at 100k, so it doesn't make any sense.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to see Ford models with screens as the competition but then it seems there is a problem with the decisions at Lincoln

US buyers are less demanding, that's not new, nor is it an uniquely Ford situation. Look at the interior of CR-V sold in Asia and the one sold in the US for example... night and day difference in quality of the plastic. The Asian CR-V is awash is soft touch material and stitched leather while the US version is comparatively low rent with hard plastics. 

Focus buyers in Europe has high expectations so Ford meets them or otherwise it can't compete. It's that simple. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

US buyers are less demanding, that's not new, nor is it an uniquely Ford situation. Look at the interior of CR-V sold in Asia and the one sold in the US for example... night and day difference in quality of the plastic. The Asian CR-V is awash is soft touch material and stitched leather while the US version is comparatively low rent with hard plastics. 

Focus buyers in Europe has high expectations so Ford meets them or otherwise it can't compete. It's that simple. 

Maybe it's because Ford offers luxurious Lincoln lineup here and not in Europe. If you want a gussied up Escape, then buy a Corsair Reserve or better yet Black Label Aviator. 

I think Ford is missing an opportunity by not offering more choices like an imported Focus

but most here also understand that by closing off those non-utility options to buyers it hopes

to maximise sales and higher profits from the likes of Escape, Maverick and Bronco Sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

I think Ford is missing an opportunity by not offering more choices like an imported Focus

but most here also understand that by closing off those non-utility options to buyers it hopes

to maximise sales and higher profits from the likes of Escape, Maverick and Bronco Sport.

Some buyers will do that, but many will simply go down the street to a competitor's dealership that still sells cars.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AGR said:

Some buyers will do that, but many will simply go down the street to a competitor's dealership that still sells cars.

Well, there isn't that much difference between a Focus hatchback and Escape. Interiors and styling cues are pretty close. And Escape hybrid gets far better mpg than Focus here ever did plus roomier interior and cargo room. Hard to make a case for Focus here anymore.

The new Corolla Cross makes the sedan Corolla look pretty lame also. People want multifunctional vehicles now. Sedans aren't multifunctional. Took me a while to get that, but it has sunk in since owning a Crosstrek and Escape now

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Well, there isn't that much difference between a Focus hatchback and Escape. Interiors and styling cues are pretty close. And Escape hybrid gets far better mpg than Focus here ever did plus roomier interior and cargo room. Hard to make a case for Focus here anymore.

The new Corolla Cross makes the sedan Corolla look pretty lame also. People want multifunctional vehicles now. Sedans aren't multifunctional. Took me a while to get that, but it has sunk in since owning a Crosstrek and Escape now

The Corolla sedan looks pretty lame all on its own...

2 hours ago, akirby said:

And how many former non Ford sedan owners are buying Bronco Sports and Mavericks?  Quite a few most likely.

Judging by production figures, it looks like Bronco Sport took most of their buyers from Escape.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AGR said:

If those car buyers are going to other brands, it’s not really registering as an increase for competitors, as those sales decline too.

I think the truth is that people are exiting the sedan market, be that their last car (retiring) or moving on to trucks and utilities.

And Ford is comfortable doing that,  they want to encourage buyers into the vehicles they want to build.

• Like 2