Priority Code Change

pnwskibum

Hi All -

Had a quick one. Is it possible for a priority code on an order to change by itself?

My priority code has always been 19. Today when I called to check status they told me I was a priority code 2.

Not complaining was just curious . Anyone else experience this?

3 hours ago, pnwskibum said:

Hi All -

Had a quick one. Is it possible for a priority code on an order to change by itself?

My priority code has always been 19. Today when I called to check status they told me I was a priority code 2.

Not complaining was just curious . Anyone else experience this?

Apparently I am in the same boat as you, when I reached out to my salesman 3 weeks ago he stated that "they" have moved it to a Priority 2, and his words exactly were "That means it's really close to being built".  My priority code was originally 18, not that it seems to play much of a role anymore in who gets picked for build weeks first.

When did you order yours?

ah interesting point about it being close to being built - I didn't know that part.My priority code was originally 19. I ordered my 350 on August 12th. Funny thing is at the same time I was considering a 250... and the dealer submitted that order as well. That truck was delivered to the dealership 2 weeks ago. My 350 doesn't have a VIN yet, I don't think. I not complaining as I know a lot of folks have been waiting way longer. 

Well I would take the "Close to being built" comment with a grain of salt.  I ordered May 11th and still do not have a build date, VIN or any sort of update.  And I call the ford marketing number once per month, and shoot my salesman a text about once every three weeks asking for an update.  Nothing.

I ordered an F-450 lariat, and my salesman has told me that hes gotten a few super duties in as well, but nothing really above an XLT trim level.

You didn't decide to jump on the 250 when it came in? In this market you probably could have made money by purchasing it and driving it until the 350 came in, then trading up.

If I wasn't needing a jump seat, I probably would have just jumped on one of the few stock orders I see floating around from time to time.  But of course the jump seat is much less common.

7 hours ago, mattdm said:

being bumped to a 2 is great. Its probably your regional manager trying to push through orders that have been unscheduled for awhile. Mine recently got changed to 1. Hasnt helped yet though :( No AS on mine.

Mine has been a 2 for over 3 months and still not being built