Anybody able to order a '22?

Huntsw1

15 hours ago, Bolts Fan said:

How long does it normally take to get notified that your order has been placed with Ford? I traded my SUV in on Monday at the local Ford dealer and their "systems were down" that afternoon. My sales rep told me my order was in a stack of orders and when i followed up on Wednesday was told that the "stack was picked up". I called him again yesterday and got an attitude because it was his day off but assured me the order had been picked up an entered. I just called the dealership speaking with a manager asking if I was supposed to get an email or some notification that the order was entered and got the response, "I'm sure it was entered but with the chip shortages things are a bit in disarray, call me back Tuesday after 10:00 AM and i should be able to tell you". 

Now does this all sound legit or the run around?  Meanwhile, my trade-in is already advertised on their website...

Unfortunately, another dealership generating BS! Chip shortages, commodity restraints, etc. have nothing to do with submitting orders via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

13 hours ago, slider71 said:

I signed the DORA and emailed it to my dealer last Saturday morning.  I got the confirmation from Ford later that afternoon.  Sorry to say it doesn't sound like your dealer is being square with you.  Either they got your email address wrong or they haven't really placed the order yet.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, another dealership generating BS! Chip shortages, commodity restraints, etc. have nothing to do with submitting orders via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

The dealer may have simply not added your email address. I haven't gotten an email from Ford about either of my two orders, but I know for a fact they were ordered because of my leet hacker skillz (err, I'm an employee with access). If you have your order number and your dealer code ("sales code") from your Order Summary, you might ask someone to check it for you over on the "Vehicle Locator" part of the forum.

I finally got a copy of my order form on Monday from the dealer but have not received an email from Ford. I asked them to place with a priority code of 10 and see that it's listed as 19. I assume that's better than 20. Does anyone know how 19 stacks up in order of priority?

27 minutes ago, Bolts Fan said:

I finally got a copy of my order form on Monday from the dealer but have not received an email from Ford. I asked them to place with a priority code of 10 and see that it's listed as 19. I assume that's better than 20. Does anyone know how 19 stacks up in order of priority?

It's discussed earlier in the the thread, but basically 19 is the lowest priority customer order code.  20 is the highest priority dealer order code. 

1 hour ago, Pecunia17 said:

It's discussed earlier in the the thread, but basically 19 is the lowest priority customer order code.  20 is the highest priority dealer order code. 

Incorrect. Retail order priority codes are 10-19 and stock order priority codes are 20-80. The default priority codes for retail orders is 19, requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code.  

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Incorrect. Retail order priority codes are 10-19 and stock order priority codes are 20-80. The default priority codes for retail orders is 19, requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code.  

I think we're just using high and low differently, 19 is the highest numerical value for retail orders, but it's the lowest priority.

46 minutes ago, Bolts Fan said:

Thank you both for the reply. Sounds like once again i am not a priority with this dealer.

You might actually be first in line.  It all depends on what else the dealer has on order and whether those are lower than 19.  Just ask them where you are in queue and how many orders are ahead of you with a lower priority and/or earlier order date.