Anybody able to order a '22?

Huntsw1

My dealer was able to pick all my options and honor xplan discount but was unable to submit the order. They think the order bank won't open until pricing is announced.

Anybody else hear the same or differently?

I am ordering a limited as that is the nicest i can go without the awful 15" touchscreen.

3 hours ago, Huntsw1 said:

My dealer was able to pick all my options and honor xplan discount but was unable to submit the order. They think the order bank won't open until pricing is announced.

Anybody else hear the same or differently?

I am ordering a limited as that is the nicest i can go without the awful 15" touchscreen.

I've posted several notices that the 2022 Expedition USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is not open yet as neither the 2022 Expedition specifications or pricing is available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. Sounds like your Dealer is trying to use the old, antiquated CONCEPS ordering system which should be used for fleet orders only.  

I ordered a Platinum MAX this past Saturday evening at the local dealership in Conroe, TX. Grand total with tax, etc....all-in was $90k. I had to give $1,000 deposit to place the order, and I did receive an email not long after from Ford directly, thank me for placing an early order, etc. There was no way to arrange leasing, X-Plan, see payment options...not very reassuring, to tell you the truth.  I chose a color that was supposed to cost extra, but the order manager said that the premium colors appeared to be $0 when he was creating the order. The only option I needed to add was the Rear Seat Entertainment (four kids)

The dealer said that later on I'll be able to see financing and leasing options and add the X-Plan. My question is, how long till this will be possible, do you think? And if it turns out the leasing residual value is terrible, will I be able to get my $1000 back? Thank you.

I met with a dealer yesterday and wanted to place an order for a Platinum in blue. Unfortunately the Antimatter Blue has been discontinued and they could not offer me a sample color for the two new blues being offered. I found the 360 Colorizer online but it is very difficult to distinguish the true color looking at a monitor. I  asked if they had any brochures but was met with a blank stare.

Does anyone have any insight to obtaining some color samples or do I just have to wait until 22's start showing up on lots?

I'm going through the process of ordering a Platinum now, Star White, HD Tow, Cross bars, Max 4x4.

I've had a Limited 2021 on order since August, and only got my 17-Nov build date last week. For BlueCruise and Sync 4A, I'm willing to wait a few more months, and my dealer will be happy to retail "my" 2021 up and above his allocation.

1 hour ago, Asystole said:

What does priority code 10 mean, if I may ask?

Customer orders get priority 10-19.  Dealer stock is 20-99.  When dealer has allocation the system pulls orders starting with the lowest priority.  So 10 is the best the dealer can do.  Ford reps can change it to 1 or 2 under unusual circumstances.

How long does it normally take to get notified that your order has been placed with Ford? I traded my SUV in on Monday at the local Ford dealer and their "systems were down" that afternoon. My sales rep told me my order was in a stack of orders and when i followed up on Wednesday was told that the "stack was picked up". I called him again yesterday and got an attitude because it was his day off but assured me the order had been picked up an entered. I just called the dealership speaking with a manager asking if I was supposed to get an email or some notification that the order was entered and got the response, "I'm sure it was entered but with the chip shortages things are a bit in disarray, call me back Tuesday after 10:00 AM and i should be able to tell you". 

Now does this all sound legit or the run around?  Meanwhile, my trade-in is already advertised on their website...

I signed the DORA and emailed it to my dealer last Saturday morning.  I got the confirmation from Ford later that afternoon.  Sorry to say it doesn't sound like your dealer is being square with you.  Either they got your email address wrong or they haven't really placed the order yet.