First Time Lincoln Buyer - Dealer Suggestions?

We have owned 10+ Ford vehicles as a family, typically I shop around quite a bit.  My wife's current expedition I purchased in New Jersey and had shipped to Texas for less than I could get from any local dealers.

We are going to move to a Navigator for 2022 and I was hoping I could get some feedback on dealers.  Is it the same game, just fewer dealers to choose from?  Any opportunities to move on pricing?  I've been in touch with one local dealer and the response was "they don't discount Lincolns, even before the chip shortage".

Any dealers typically better than others for forum members?

OP, a good site to start is cargurus dot com, be sure to expand the search to nationwide, and then ignore the 'sponsored' listings at the beginning of the section. I did a quick look, and there are definitely Navi's on offer for under MSRP. Since you mentioned you're willing to ship from out of state, this will work for you. 

We bought a 2021 Aviator new in March.  I have always been a GM guy, more new GMs than I can remember but this was the first non-GM vehicle.  The first Aviator we went after was used and eventually discovered it was a buy back.  We wound up finding an identical vehicle inbound to a dealer 2 hours away.  We didn't trade in our current Buick so we bought it outright for a few grand below MSRP.  It wasn't the best deal I am sure but it was the car we wanted.  I've always found the vehicle I want first, then dealt with the dealer if I could.  I've bought vehicles all over the midwest from Ohio to South Dakota.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious if anyone who has a Grand Touring Aviator or Grand Touring Corsair has had a charging station installed in their garage.  What brand did you choose and why?  Did you have to pull a new line to your garage or was there existing wiring that sufficed?

I'm considering the Pulsar Plus Wallbox or Chargepoint.  There are pros and cons to each.  My Lincoln dealer put me in touch with Webasto as they have a nationwide contractor that does the installation for a set fee.  The problem I have is they do not have inventory of their chargers. I'd be curious about anyone's experience with Webasto chargers and installation. 

Edited by akirby

4 hours ago, JohnnyBurns said:

I'm curious if anyone who has a Grand Touring Aviator or Grand Touring Corsair has had a charging station installed in their garage.  What brand did you choose and why?  Did you have to pull a new line to your garage or was there existing wiring that sufficed?

I'm considering the Pulsar Plus Wallbox or Chargepoint.  There are pros and cons to each.  My Lincoln dealer put me in touch with Webasto as they have a nationwide contractor that does the installation for a set fee.  The problem I have is they do not have inventory of their chargers. I'd be curious about anyone's experience with Webasto chargers and installation. 

Grand Touring vehicles come with a charging cord that plugs into a standard 120V outlet (16A) and includes an adapter that will plug into a NEMA 6-20R (20A) outlet.  The charging times go from around 11 hours with the 120V to 3 - 4 hours with the 240V.  A level 2 charger will not improve the charging times by much.

I have a Corsair Grand Touring and used the 120V outlet at first.  I recently had a licensed electrician install a 240V outlet in my garage.  I much prefer the 240V option.  My installation costs were $250 because we already had a secondary breaker box that had room and the line from the breaker box to the garage wall wasn't horribly long.  The breaker is a 20A dual pole breaker.

Installation of a Level 2 charger will cost more.  Typically they require a 50A circuit so the wiring and breakers cost more to start.  Add in the cost of the electrician hooking up the charging unit and attaching it to the wall.  Webasto does have a standard charge of $800 for the charging unit and wiring.  You are correct on Webasto having a very low inventory for chargers.

Tesla is now offering a J1772 charger that is compatible with the Lincoln Grand Touring series at a very competitive price of $415 excluding installation. This price is far lower than most of the options I have seen on Amazon.

Note: Tesla recommends installing with a 50-amp circuit breaker for maximum power output. For owners with multiple electric vehicles, up to four Gen 2 J1772 Wall Connectors can share available power, making it possible to charge multiple vehicles at home. Power sharing is only possible when connected to other Tesla Gen 2 J1772 Wall Connectors.

https://shop.tesla.com/product/j1772-gen-2-wall-connector

Edited by RedHoncho01