Dash cam app built into sync 4

danielj

There is already 360 degree cameras on my truck. I don't feel like it would take much to add a app to the programming to utilize one or more cameras as a dash cam. Maybe set up USB connect external hard drive/ flash drive for loop recording or video download. All this technology and still need to add another camera to have a dash cam. Even if it's a $5 app download. (Should be free with a $50,000-$100,000 truck) but if $1-$5 per truck app download pays to have the app built and integrated then it is 100% worth it to me for the protection to me and my truck. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, balthisar said:

It's be a subscription, because your data isn't your data. That's not insider information, just a guess, because everyone want everyone to subscribe to everything these days.

I want local storage so it works without cell service. They could provide a option like Microsoft does for word, excel, powerpoint.. etc.

Not to mention video storage can be vary large files. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, meyeste said:

I agree, something like what Tesla has on their cars, crime has gotten out of control everywhere more vehicles that detect movement around them and record what is going on is needed. 

Unfortunately, a sad commentary on what's happening in our country (U.S.) that we/some feel a need for dash cameras to see and/or record the events around us. No personal or political opinion intended.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, a sad commentary on what's happening in our country (U.S.) that we/some feel a need for dash cameras to see and/or record the events around us. No personal or political opinion intended.  

It is, but insurance fraud and claim denials are a pain to deal with.  It is more of a CYA thing than anything else.  You would think auto insurers would give discounts on vehicles that had built in dash cam recording.  After being involved in a couple accidents, I would really love to have both front and rear recording, would have saved some headaches.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

1. We have had 360° cameras on the Superduty for several years. Why can't the we capture the feed and save it like a dash cam.  Save me having to stick one more thing onto my windshield.

2. Improve the quality of the cameras on the superduty trucks.  The back up cameras are Horrible for anykind of detail. ie hooking up a GN ball in the bed of the truck.

3.  Leave the selected camera as the default.  I hate it when I'm backing a trailer in and have to pull forward and back up again,  my camera defaults to the original view ( optional camera on back of trailer)

• 2 weeks later...