New truck, first things to work on?

Nighthawk37

While waiting to receive our F250 7.3L 4x4, I've been taking in a lot of info here, at FTE, and the Tremor forums. Learning from other's experiences, I've got a list of a couple things I'll do fairly quickly after receiving our truck, to hopefully prevent, or at least delay, some issues that seem to be happening:

1. Put dielectric grease on the plug by the spare tire

2. Replace factory lug nuts

3. Carry a spare set of spark plug wires

4. Install a catch can (not as urgent as the others, but couldn't hurt to do)

Any other suggestions?

Oil from the PCV. 
Watched a video of a shop modifying a 12k mi Godzilla. When they removed the heads, they were surprised at the amount of oil in I believe it was the #8 cylinder head/intake port. 
A catch can will trap most of that oil before it goes back into the engine. Some think it’s not needed. I think it’s $100 - $200 that couldn’t hurt.

Yeah, the plug wires are junk. I believe they have recently updated them so they are less junk though. I'd just wait for it to act up and then get it fixed under warranty. And no, plug wires are anything but "low voltage". It's DC so it won't kill you I guess.

1 hour ago, theDuff said:

Yeah, the plug wires are junk. I believe they have recently updated them so they are less junk though. I'd just wait for it to act up and then get it fixed under warranty. And no, plug wires are anything but "low voltage". It's DC so it won't kill you I guess.

Isn’t it Coil on Plug?