My Bronco situation has been resolved.

ADMs on dealer stock is fine.  Like Deanh says, if the market supports it then either the dealer makes the extra profit or people flip them and they get it.  In that scenario I’d just as soon the dealer get it.    Buyers control that - if nobody paid it they wouldn’t do it.

ADMs on orders are also fine if it’s disclosed up front and the buyer agrees to it.

Adding it on after the vehicle arrives, especially when it’s been on order for months and months is downright sleazy and in this case is a bait and switch because had the buyers known the ADM they would have ordered elsewhere.  And now you’ve screwed the buyer out of their reservation spot. 

Perhaps Ford can require a signed buyers order for reservations within 30 days of the reservation with the price and signed by both parties.  That would allow the buyer to move their reservation without penalty if necessary.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Perhaps Ford can require a signed buyers order for reservations within 30 days of the reservation with the price and signed by both parties.  That would allow the buyer to move their reservation without penalty if necessary.

A bit after the fact-the 22MY Dealer checklist for Bronco sales about agreeing to pricing, deposit, etc. 

Part of the reason this happened is all my other purchases have been plan orders. I expected it to work the same way. 

17 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Looks like the First Edition Bronco is seen as collector vehicle only. Mecum Auctions Chicago just sold one $90,000. I would imagine most who got one at reasonable price will garage them and sell it for big bucks when market is right like now.

My local Ford dealership that is part of the Lithia group has a First Edition for sale with a 36.6K ADM on it making it 100K...

Edited by twintornados

I'm sorta in the same situation- I and the dealer never signed the order, so they're free to mark it up and sell it to the highest bidder if they want. But I put down no deposit so I can walk away from the deal if they try to mark it up. It's an oddball spec Transit Connect XL wagon, so I doubt anyone will be lined up to pay over X Plan price for it in this rural area where Transit Connects normally sit on dealer lots for months. That assumes it even gets built- Ford  confirmed the order was placed, but after 6 weeks the order has yet to be scheduled and they're scheduling in January now. So I'm looking at alternatives, and none of them are Ford products...