My Bronco situation has been resolved.

I pulled my other thread and I'm posting as a follow up.

So to summarize what has happened-

Went to the dealership and things went toxic after 10K markup-they wouldn't budge and I left in a huff, to put it nicely. Then later that day I had a toxic phone call with the GM of the dealership.

I posted to Bronco6G about the situation with my dealership adding 10K to my reservation order.

The thread went completely toxic which lead to something like 200-300 bad reviews on Google or Yelp in the past few days. The 6G community is a bit over the top and people where self-identifying with my issue and it just went BAD. 

Ford contacted me Friday but situation that happened after that till Monday kind of tied their hands to work the issue out with the dealer.  

The GM sent me an email yesterday morning. I called him, apologized for my actions and for what happened on B6G. They apologized for what happened with the ADM and not telling me before hand. we came to the agreement that they would prioritize a reorder of a 22MY Bronco for me (I've received an email from the Ford NY Sales and Regional manager confirming this) and I'd get it at MSRP, in writing this time. I also asked on B6G for people to remove their bad reviews or amend them, which some have done already. 

Yeah I didn't get my Bronco, but at least everyone is working in good faith. I could have went to another dealership, but since GM and I talked and cleared the air, I decided to work with them in good faith. 

As a final note, I did get this Friday afternoon which put a big exclamation mark on the whole misery of it LOL

vvwvNqm2eOCwAW44QJr8VnN5iJKdN-kMiffYcFFq6ENE624Yy4jn1TWD9JZKczwvIU5jFEa7XF52rIYcQj2qlvO1Zcqn7iuaiUj3mMA0h93rEA9EMl9qt7mstPOA_97nGJLiqQn0QpkxNM1dGkaQMYB_4Q4Khb0jrYH93qd7RxJgCUaYAVO-UkMrrsQJ0xk-v726_lmhcKeqCp1WsGkfUGU8ddQjeC24a5YUvPWK3XXdEnTC3fYD0LiLLrAY1lUfdqP3We3MfnCenlVx7n8GCLDcAwEZMRDupMRPSY1lMKxyY4coniquujViv_NjUkBY9xO1WN0cwqG9ebsV-_tmFX_sD8NrweRNjwQCMF0Jh3rYTElFFTRXl7z6NkPmt2My01vRUD8pHfzCvUdslOFwPAQCB90J_WkYJitdN2e8lum012y4ZQ-aFahzy6PwHae-XcpGMI9XMMBHW1NuiYpijFznuXFiA-ILK68_QuLYlHxKuR8bRo0SLD1KF7VtvmDux_skd6EOsKIOlu8yZJebXB4cx5xp20bm3P0G0Ug0DPhBCz3EjGlGgqJUsLyRbVwgEBifyzbHqSz7La_ngdDCDRYJT2Yxwu9WONbWLLaKtAnG8XI929qTFjxziHfFhPkPrc7J1NSqyuTZnQZqzAzqvcg_Cou5WqHBmDXm7eOREftcMuCF8lFku95DbTrQ6ItTbuSzkzqSfTKHw2xIRsRtVz1q=s1000-no?authuser=0

I'm going with the Modular bumper on my 22MY order though LOL

• Like 11

So did they already sell the other one with the ADM??  I guess I don't understand why they wouldn't just give you the one you ordered, other than they were using this as a work around to their allocation.

I happened across this video on my youtube feed, sounds like a similar situation, ordered a Bronco, dealer called and wanted a 10k ADM because they thought they were going to flip it.  I guess it is always a good idea to get stuff in writing, especially when ordering.  Second video basically goes through how they ended up negotiating more on their trade and got them to come down to 4k over sticker, so probably a wash in the end on total cost, however they were probably swayed by the fact the R&T picked up on his video before he initially pulled it down.  Only posting the 1st.  Link to the 2nd is in the video description.

Good to hear this got resolved and if the dealer didn't realize how wrong they were before this blew up in their face, I am sure they do now!  Good to see Ford also get involved into this situation. 

These dealer's are really thinking short term and if they continue to pull this crap, ultimately customer's are going to not only walk from that dealer, but a dealer all together and just grab a Rivian, or other manufacturer that is going to sell direct. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

So did they already sell the other one with the ADM??  I guess I don't understand why they wouldn't just give you the one you ordered, other than they were using this as a work around to their allocation

Not sure and more or less water under the bridge. I'm assuming that it was a legal issue as to why it wasn't...which I get. 

26 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Wish this would have worked out better for you. Seems like the dealer got exactly what they wanted.

That’s what it sounds like to me too.  I’m glad an acceptable agreement was made for you silvrsvt, but it sounds like the only reason you got that agreement was because of the negative publicity the dealer was receiving.  You should have been able to purchase the Bronco you ordered as far as I’m concerned, and not have to wait for another one to be built. 

• Like 2

Sounds to me like the dealership got their extra $10k and little if any consequences other than the PR headache, which I hardly count as anything (no matter how much they may try to argue differently).  I'm hoping there's a part of the story we're not getting here, like they're getting their allocations cut, or a cash penalty from FMC.

16 minutes ago, twintornados said:

After reading all this, I see that Litha is " the man behind the curtain" so to speak. Explains my earlier post perfectly since the local dealership I referred to is part of Litha.

Yep they are part of that group now. The other two car purchases I made there (my wife's Escapes) is when they where independent and the GM was different. 

Many people including myself were not aware that ADMs apply to all deals where there’s no signed contract/locked in price. I get this but I also understand why certain dealers would not point this out to buyers as it gives them leverage at point of sale, it’s not a good way to do business and it just shows that good intentions and hand shake agreements mean nothing to some businesses. Dealers are making out like bandits at the moment, they shouldn’t be trying to scalp people who order and wait for vehicles.

11 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Many people including myself were not aware that ADMs apply to all deals where there’s no signed contract/locked in price. I get this but I also understand why certain dealers would not point this out to buyers as it gives them leverage at point of sale, it’s not a good way to do business and it just shows that good intentions and hand shake agreements mean nothing to some businesses. Dealers are making out like bandits at the moment, they shouldn’t be trying to scalp people who order and wait for vehicles.

Yes, and since that isn't a signed agreement, I am under no obligation to pay any inflated price...hard no and I will just walk away from the deal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Yes, and since that isn't a signed agreement, I am under no obligation to pay any inflated price...hard no and I will just walk away from the deal.

Thats what they want so they can just put it on the lot and find a sucker willing to pay the $10K ADM.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

Thats what they want so they can just put it on the lot and find a sucker willing to pay the $10K ADM.

Makes me wonder how many orders are falling over because of applied ADM, dealers can’t get enough floor stock

and this is an easy way to bump buyers with ordered vehicles unless they have a locked in price.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:12 PM, silvrsvt said:

Yep they are part of that group now. The other two car purchases I made there (my wife's Escapes) is when they where independent and the GM was different. 

I get that but they’ve just used you to get more dealer stock, force you out of a sale so they can make more on walk in buyers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

That won't bother me in the slightest....

With respect, it’s not about how this affects you, those dealers are probably doing the same to every customer order without a locked in price, it’s a clever end run  around Ford limiting dealer orders, that’s what I don’t like and Ford should be stopping them.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 4

I placed my order on Tuesday-got an email from Ford later that night showing the order was processed and I sent over my DORA to Ford yesterday for additional processing. I'm at a Priority code 10, so at least I have that going for me.

The mentioned to me that my order was the first of 4 for the 2022MY and to expect it in January...but I haven't gotten a production date or VIN yet and the 22MY has started scheduling today out to 1/3/22. 

To be honest I'd rather get it closer to March if that what winds up happening-the weather starts getting better where I live then.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

With respect, it’s not about how this affects you, those dealers are probably doing the same to every customer order without a locked in price, it’s a clever end run  around Ford limiting dealer orders, that’s what I don’t like and Ford should be stopping them.

What does it specifically say in the franchise agreement? If Ford (or any other legacy automobile manufacturer) had that kind of reach into a dealers operations, it would smack of a totalitarian control saved for communist states or dare I say it...a Tesla style operation where the manufacturer controls every aspect of the sale. There are pluses and minuses of every system...ADM is a big minus here but I am a person that ain't buying into that mania...when the line is up to speed, that ADM is history and the fools that blindly paid it will then complain of valuation loss when it is their own damn fault.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, twintornados said:

What does it specifically say in the franchise agreement? If Ford (or any other legacy automobile manufacturer) had that kind of reach into a dealers operations, it would smack of a totalitarian control saved for communist states or dare I say it...a Tesla style operation where the manufacturer controls every aspect of the sale. There are pluses and minuses of every system...ADM is a big minus here but I am a person that ain't buying into that mania...when the line is up to speed, that ADM is history and the fools that blindly paid it will then complain of valuation loss when it is their own damn fault.

I shouldn’t get emotional, I hate people getting screwed but I know that BOM has a sticky thread dedicated to helping people get good deals, one of the advantages of being a member…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

There are pluses and minuses of every system...ADM is a big minus here but I am a person that ain't buying into that mania...when the line is up to speed, that ADM is history and the fools that blindly paid it will then complain of valuation loss when it is their own damn fault.

The issue is that people are stupid-My sisters friend paid 10K over for Wrangler last year and her reply to my sister was oh everyone is doing it. I just wonder where people can add an extra 10-30K extra into a car without blinking an eye. 

The issue is that I personally don't have an issue with markups on dealer stock (nor would I participate in that) but when its a special order its like WTF. 

• Like 2