Pictures of New Trucks with Caps/Toppers

fredrickhw

17 hours ago, fredrickhw said:

Anybody have pics of new trucks with toppers/caps?  I've seen very few out there so far.  How long did it take to get your topper?  I'm being told 4 to 5 months for an ARE.

4-5 months?

I intended to order one when I get a build date. Maybe I should order one now....

2 hours ago, Fogbelly said:

4-5 months?

I intended to order one when I get a build date. Maybe I should order one now....

Yeah, the first place I called was 6 months.  All you need is a paint code, you don't need the entire VIN.  It will be interesting to see if the topper or the truck arrive first.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking rig.  I am also considering a bedrug - provided i actually get my truck and actually get my topper.  I'm curious what you think about the bed rug.  I drive on a lot of unpaved roads that generate a ton of dust that accumulates in the bed of my truck.  Every so often i have to pull out my bed mat and powerwash the dirt out of the back and the topper.  I don't know if the bedrug makes that better or worse - will it block dust or just make it a bigger pain to clean.

I have had a bed rug in my 2018 F150 since new. I am a surveyor and it is open to the elements. I have never had a problem with it and love it for the extra cushion that it gives my equipment. There are a couple of things to think about though. I have the continuous one which does the tailgate as well. Dirt and rocks can collect in the low area between them and when you try to close the tailgate they can cause it not to shut. The second is if it is wet and then it freezes overnight. If that happens you can't open the tailgate till it thaws out. The lock will pop to open but it has frozen shut and can't be forced open easily.

It is super durable and overall I love it but there are couple of small drawbacks.

I opted for a camper top this time and a bed slide for my new f250. If my truck ever gets delivered (30 days today since it was shipped to north Alabama, 2 weeks of which it has been sitting in a rail yard in Atlanta with 27 other trucks and cars to the same dealer) I will post pics of it with the top and slide.

37 minutes ago, fredrickhw said:

Nice looking rig.  I am also considering a bedrug - provided i actually get my truck and actually get my topper.  I'm curious what you think about the bed rug.  I drive on a lot of unpaved roads that generate a ton of dust that accumulates in the bed of my truck.  Every so often i have to pull out my bed mat and powerwash the dirt out of the back and the topper.  I don't know if the bedrug makes that better or worse - will it block dust or just make it a bigger pain to clean.

Thanks. Can't answer as I'm just installing it. I have the full one with front and sides. The front and sides zipper all the way around to the bottom. Easy enough to hose or power wash the entire thing while installed. I'd look at sealing up your topper and tailgate better. That would help. Here's a pic before I install the velcro tape. With the topper it just sits in place by itself.

20211109_115946.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 2:13 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

??? I love the fact you have same looking truck! Now I know exactly how mine will look. That looks awesome! I will order the same one....thanks for posting that!

20211011_124842.jpg

Beautiful truck! I have a 22 Iconic Silver long bed on order - can't wait to see it in person. 

Mine (above Antimatter blue) is the ARE "Z" model. You can't see the side sliding windows in the picture but they're there. The bed rug is great! I have both the bottom and sides and the Topper also has the "gray carpet" option so they are a great match. The Bed Rug is very easy on the kneecaps and keeps most all the dust out due to it covering the gap between the tailgate and the bed. Mine looks just like GCD's picture above. 

PS.  ARE did a great job of matching the Antimatter Blue. 

did you guys add any extra gaskets around the tailgate to keep the dust out?  I've got a full bedrug sitting in the garage for my '22 and a Z series that should be here at the end of Jan (it will probably get here before the truck).  I am looking forward to this setup but I am apprehensive about all the dust.  I drive gravel roads in Iowa and a lot of unpaved roads when I travel out west.  I still have orange dust from west texas and Utah in my truck.  at least now I can just powerwash the bed and inside of the topper and it is clean.  

I didn't add any other seal around the tailgate. I'm amazed at how clean the bed stays and I've driven over some very silty roads here in the AZ desert as the photo above shows. The adobe was about 8 miles down a dirt road. The back of the tailgate was terrible but the inside was still very clean. 

• 3 weeks later...

Great looking trucks guys. I have a question for the forum. I have a 2021 F250 crew that currently fits into my garage (barely) without hitting the roof. Do any of you have an issue fitting in a standard garage with the camper top on that you don't have without it? Looking at the ARE and Ranch cab height products. Thanks for the help.