Dealer just told me SD are on Nationwide hold

Rcpd34

What does that even mean?  Nobody can order?  Nothing's being scheduled?  The plant will shut down, scale back, build other things?  The use of "nationwide" here makes it seem overly dramatic.  They only build them in one place.  And you know we've heard people here reporting much more stupid things coming out of the mouths of their dealers/salesmen.

• Like 2

The Production Week Scheduling Information that @ice-capades last posted shows Super Duty will be scheduled today for build week of 11/15 and there were no updates in the Scheduling notes that say anything about Super Duty’s not being scheduled. Your dealer probably doesn’t want any calls about ordered truck for three weeks.

2 hours ago, BigUnixGeek said:

What does that even mean?  Nobody can order?  Nothing's being scheduled?  The plant will shut down, scale back, build other things?  The use of "nationwide" here makes it seem overly dramatic.  They only build them in one place.  And you know we've heard people here reporting much more stupid things coming out of the mouths of their dealers/salesmen.

Sometimes they only schedule specific regions. This is a nationwide hold I’m told.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:12 PM, BigUnixGeek said:

I think we're going to stick with the "your dealer/salesman is full of crap" theory.

One can hope. The fact that only two trucks showed up on the spreadsheet today is a concern though.

Another concern: According to Ice-capade’s scheduling document from Tuesday, SDs were supposed to be scheduled for 11/15, but they were scheduled for 11/22. 

I have only heard rcpd34 say anything about this though, so I’m hoping he just has a lying car salesman. Wouldn’t be the first. 

EDIT: I looked back over the spreadsheet for a few weeks. It seems like they schedule a lot of SDs every OTHER week:

9/16 18
9/23 1
9/30 14
10/7 1
10/14 10
10/21 2
Edited by Gadgetwiz

1 hour ago, Gadgetwiz said:

One can hope. The fact that only two trucks showed up on the spreadsheet today is a concern though.

Another concern: According to Ice-capade’s scheduling document from Tuesday, SDs were supposed to be scheduled for 11/15, but they were scheduled for 11/22. 

I have only heard rcpd34 say anything about this though, so I’m hoping he just has a lying car salesman. Wouldn’t be the first. 

Mine was a week off the posted scheduling as well when it was finally picked up. I wonder if they group region scheduling for shipping reasons?(fill a train headed west one week, east the next). Or even just pure logistical reasons for ramp parking? Does make sense to have all the vehicles rolling off the line at one time headed to the same region.

Edited by mattdm

9 hours ago, BigUnixGeek said:

I think we're going to stick with the "your dealer/salesman is full of crap" theory.

I hope you're right, but I'm not convinced. I was hoping someone here would have a better answer or more info.  The bottom line is, I'm not really pressed for delivery as my '21 is fine.  I'd just hate to lose the $3500 PCO if they won't honor it past the expiration date. 

I think if you have a PCO and you order is already in they can lock it in and you should get it whether you receive by expiration date or not.. doesn't the fine print say order or purchase retail by **/**/**.. I don't have one despite all my attempts to get them to send me one.. 

if they wont let you order one.. id try somewhere else.. 

Edited by nukem25rs

On 10/21/2021 at 7:38 PM, Gadgetwiz said:

EDIT: I looked back over the spreadsheet for a few weeks. It seems like they schedule a lot of SDs every OTHER week:

9/16 18
9/23 1
9/30 14
10/7 1
10/14 10
10/21 2

What spreadsheet?  ford-trucks.com has a spreadsheet, but doesn't seem you are getting data there.  I think you are putting too much emphasis on one website providing you data.  They schedule all over the place.  11/22 is where many adaptive steering orders went.  Look at ford-trucks for more accurate date distribution data.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

What spreadsheet?  ford-trucks.com has a spreadsheet

Yes. That spreadsheet. (Scheduled - New Options). I counted the number of trucks scheduled each Thursday.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j-se1Jwhql8Zfas9fqpVOjC_0Kfr49tiCY_s2XL8GrY/edit#gid=2088811466

By the way, I missed two for 10/14 that were listed in the Scheduled Date section:

Thursdays # Scheduled on spreadsheet
9/16 18
9/23 1
9/30 14
10/7 1
10/14 12
10/21 2
10/28

11 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

I think you are putting too much emphasis on one website providing you data

At the moment, I'm just pointing out something that looks like a pattern. It's too small a sample to draw any firm conclusions. That's why I said "it seems like." If don't have access to the spreadsheet's history so I can't look back further.

I'm interested in seeing what happens in the next few weeks. If this trend continues 2-3 more weeks, I think it will be statistically significant.

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 12:06 PM, Rcpd34 said:

For the next 3 weeks or so. Anyone hear this?  I'm told even though I'm a Priority 02 now, best I can expect is to be scheduled in 4-6 weeks.  By then my PCO will be expired by the time it gets delivered.  I hope they will extend it. 

This week is Cleanup Scheduling.