D-Plan rules not followed by dealership

Is there anything that a customer can do when dealership doesn't follow the rules and regulations provided by D-Plan.  No invoice showing plan price and agreement form signed or given to me.  Charged more $100 doc fees and additional $650 delivery and handling fees for dealer prep.

19 hours ago, Reylene said:

Is there anything that a customer can do when dealership doesn't follow the rules and regulations provided by D-Plan.  No invoice showing plan price and agreement form signed or given to me.  Charged more $100 doc fees and additional $650 delivery and handling fees for dealer prep.

Call Ford plan headquarters.   1-877-975-2600

Did you give them your PiN?

Have you talked to the dealership? Sometimes it's just an honest mistake; when I bought my Lincoln on X-Plan, they charged me a document fee, which, at the time, was not allowed under the X-Plan rules. I didn't notice it until I was going over the paperwork a day or two later. When I asked about it, they agreed that it shouldn't have been charged and cut me a check for the amount of the fee.

On 10/22/2021 at 7:15 PM, Reylene said:

Hi Reylene. Dealerships often make these "mistakes" on AZXD Plan sales. Have you already taken possession of the vehicle? Are you stating the Dealership was charging you more than a $100 Documentation Fee, and an additional $650 for Dealer Prep, in addition to the Dealer Prep and Delivery Charges already on the Factory Window Sticker?

D-Plan is for certain Dealership employees and their qualifying family members.

1- Are you the Dealership employee or are you a qualifying family member of the employee? 

2- If you are the employee, did you purchase from the Dealership you work for?

3- If you are a qualifying family member, have you told the employee who you obtained the PIN from what happened at the Dealership? If yes, what did they say?

4- Have you already signed a contract?

5- Have you already taken possession of the vehicle?

6- Did you inform the Salesperson/Dealership reps that you wanted a copy of the Invoice showing the AXZD Plan price?

7- Did you inform them they were improperly charging you too high a Documentation Fee and an improper additional $650 for Delivery/Dealer Prep? What did they say?

While Lincoln/Ford does loosely audit Dealerships for AXZD Plan rule compliance, it is generally up to us as the buyer to know the rules and stand up for our AXZD Plan rights.

As SoonerLS mentioned above, most Dealerships will correct these "mistakes" once they are pointed out. Therefore, your first course of action should be to speak to the Salesperson and/or the Sales Manager at the Dealership, and point out their "innocent" clerical and math "errors". Try to straighten it out with them first.

If you speak to the Salesperson/Sales Manager, show them the rules, but they will not correct any errors to your satisfaction, then contact the AXZD Plan Headquarters number that akirby gave you above.

And if you answer all the questions above, it may help us have a better idea of the situation and offer you better advice.

Get back to us and good luck.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not responding sooner.  I was recovering from surgery.  Thanks for the advise given.  Here's an update and more info asked about.  My husband an employee at a Ford Dealership so we had to go outside of his dealership for a Lincoln.  There is only this one Lincoln dealership on the island of Oahu in Hawaii which is were we live.  I already spoke to the Lincoln sales manager and the finance manager about this issue.  I didn't have a copy of the D Plan rules with me when we got the vehicle.  The sales managers response to me was that I was lucky that they agreed to do D Plan because they have turned other away but because I was a previous customer (I leased an Audi from this dealership prior to this,  they were not a Lincoln dealership at that time) they did me a favor and agreed to do D Plan although the would not make profit.  I told him that I know they do not take a lose because of D Plan sale.  I did have a recall issue that had to be done and took a copy of the D Plan rules with the issues I had highlighted and asked to see the sales manager and finance manager who were both unavailable.  I asked for another manager who after I waited awhile finally came out to speak to me on the showroom floor.  He keep saying he would need to see the paperwork from the deal and that he was not able to until the next day and would look into it and call me back.  I gave him the copies of rules and still have yet to get response (3 weeks now).  I have also called the the numbers and places suggested multiple times and have not been able to get any help.  Someone from Plan headquarters suggested speaking the the Lincoln rep for our area but they couldn't give me a name or number for that rep.  It is very frustrating trying to get this resolved.  What the point of a D Plan purchase and having rules if they are not enforced.  Any information on how to contact Lincoln Dealer Rep for Hawaii would be super or any more suggestions too.

1 hour ago, Reylene said:

Sorry for not responding sooner.  I was recovering from surgery.  Thanks for the advise given.  Here's an update and more info asked about.  My husband an employee at a Ford Dealership so we had to go outside of his dealership for a Lincoln.  There is only this one Lincoln dealership on the island of Oahu in Hawaii which is were we live.  I already spoke to the Lincoln sales manager and the finance manager about this issue.  I didn't have a copy of the D Plan rules with me when we got the vehicle.  The sales managers response to me was that I was lucky that they agreed to do D Plan because they have turned other away but because I was a previous customer (I leased an Audi from this dealership prior to this,  they were not a Lincoln dealership at that time) they did me a favor and agreed to do D Plan although the would not make profit.  I told him that I know they do not take a lose because of D Plan sale.  I did have a recall issue that had to be done and took a copy of the D Plan rules with the issues I had highlighted and asked to see the sales manager and finance manager who were both unavailable.  I asked for another manager who after I waited awhile finally came out to speak to me on the showroom floor.  He keep saying he would need to see the paperwork from the deal and that he was not able to until the next day and would look into it and call me back.  I gave him the copies of rules and still have yet to get response (3 weeks now).  I have also called the the numbers and places suggested multiple times and have not been able to get any help.  Someone from Plan headquarters suggested speaking the the Lincoln rep for our area but they couldn't give me a name or number for that rep.  It is very frustrating trying to get this resolved.  What the point of a D Plan purchase and having rules if they are not enforced.  Any information on how to contact Lincoln Dealer Rep for Hawaii would be super or any more suggestions too.

Unless there's an exception for Hawaii, after looking at the D Plan information at Ford, a Ford dealership employee is entitled to D Plan benefits at their Ford dealership only and doesn't include benefits at a Lincoln dealership. Perhaps the Lincoln Dealer gave you D Plan pricing as a courtesy but that's a different matter.  

I don't know how they got away with overcharging on fees.  I have bought several vehicles through A plan and now Z plan over the years and have had a couple of instances where a dealer charged over the allowed rate for doc fees and neither of us caught it.  In both cases, Ford Credit kicked the deal back to the dealer and told them to fix it and resubmit it.

2 hours ago, jwillum said:

I don't know how they got away with overcharging on fees.  I have bought several vehicles through A plan and now Z plan over the years and have had a couple of instances where a dealer charged over the allowed rate for doc fees and neither of us caught it.  In both cases, Ford Credit kicked the deal back to the dealer and told them to fix it and resubmit it.

I called Lincoln Financial and was told that they cannot do anything about it.

So apparently this wasn’t an actual D plan sale therefore there are no rules.  Dealers are not required to accept azdx plan on any sale and as pointed out already it wouldn’t be good at a different dealership anyway.  Now they might have said they would give you the d plan price but it’s not a d plan sale.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 4:15 PM, Reylene said:

what sort of vehicle?...and FYI...its completely up to the Dealer if they wish to honor any form of pricing...but that should be shared BEFORE the transaction...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, akirby said:

So apparently this wasn’t an actual D plan sale therefore there are no rules.  Dealers are not required to accept azdx plan on any sale and as pointed out already it wouldn’t be good at a different dealership anyway.  Now they might have said they would give you the d plan price but it’s not a d plan sale.

It is supposed to be a D Plan sale.  They agreed to do it.  I needed to give them my pin and document such as my husband paystub and our marriage certificate.

18 minutes ago, Reylene said:

It is supposed to be a D Plan sale.  They agreed to do it.  I needed to give them my pin and document such as my husband paystub and our marriage certificate.

Well if they’re not giving you the plan documents or the plan price and fees then it’s not a plan sale.  Ford can’t force them to accept d plan so you have no recourse,