Mustang Rumors Mention Hybrid and V8

22 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Nope, good old fashioned cast iron blocks there’s no need for CGI in this application 

The 6.8L is cast iron?  I would have though it would be aluminum to save weight the Mustang and F150.

GM has set a high bar with the 670hp DOHC 5.5L in the Z06.  I was hoping the 6.8L would be a high output naturally aspirated  beast similar to what GM has with the 5.5L as opposed to the predator or hellcat.  With a cast iron block, it doesn’t seem like that is the direction Ford is going with it.

5 hours ago, slemke said:

The 6.8L is cast iron?  I would have though it would be aluminum to save weight the Mustang and F150.

GM has set a high bar with the 670hp DOHC 5.5L in the Z06.  I was hoping the 6.8L would be a high output naturally aspirated  beast similar to what GM has with the 5.5L as opposed to the predator or hellcat.  With a cast iron block, it doesn’t seem like that is the direction Ford is going with it.

Context

The linked article was to Hennessy  talking about the 7.3 and 6.2 Boss, not the 6.8 V8

Edited by jpd80

22 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Context

The linked article was to Hennessy  talking about the 7.3 and 6.2 Boss, not the 6.8 V8

Ok.  It was confusing with all three mentioned in the one post and no distinction which blocks you were referring to.  So we are back to not knowing much of anything about the 6.8L other than what Diaz said during contract negotiations.

On 11/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, slemke said:

Ok.  It was confusing with all three mentioned in the one post and no distinction which blocks you were referring to.  So we are back to not knowing much of anything about the 6.8L other than what Diaz said during contract negotiations.

Godzilla was developed for $170 million, the 6.8 is being developed for $150 million,

that suggests it could be way, way more than just a destroked  7.3 pushrod…….just sayin’…..

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 4