Seriously. Sync 4.

Anyone have a more-accurate-than-not explanation why Ford has passed over the '22 Explorer for Sync 4?  Is it really that complicated for a top-volume vehicle in a competitive segment?

I remember how slow they were to get steering wheel audio controls to all the models....

• Thanks 1

No doubt it’s ridiculous. Quite pathetic for ford. But, sync 4 really isn’t anything special so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Plus it seems all the vehicles getting sync 4 are getting mostly touch screen functionality and very little analog controls. Which I’m not a fan of for driving.  Tactile function of analog controls is a lot easier to manage while driving rather than all touchscreen. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tofer said:

I've heard there is a change to Google/Android OS replacing Sync... just wish this was happening before I order my KR

Personally, I hate both Google/Android and Apple/iPhone which really aren't all that different. I used Windows Phones for years which were incredible. Unfortunately, Microsoft blundered badly again by charging a licensing fee when the competition was giving their platform software away for free. Windows Phone integration with the Windows OS was seamless. Unfortunately, my cell phone usage is now a necessary evil opposed to my previous experience with the Windows Phone. 

52 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Personally, I hate both Google/Android and Apple/iPhone which really aren't all that different. I used Windows Phones for years which were incredible. Unfortunately, Microsoft blundered badly again by charging a licensing fee when the competition was giving their platform software away for free. Windows Phone integration with the Windows OS was seamless. Unfortunately, my cell phone usage is now a necessary evil opposed to my previous experience with the Windows Phone. 

Agree 100%! I loved my Windows Phone!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Agree 100%! I loved my Windows Phone!

I'm using a Samsung Android phone that was an insurance replacement from when my Windows Phone got damaged. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6 which isn't compatible with a lot of the newer Ford/Sync features which makes the situation even more frustrating. I'm holding off on upgrading to a newer phone for other factors right now.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I'm using a Samsung Android phone that was an insurance replacement from when my Windows Phone got damaged. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6 which isn't compatible with a lot of the newer Ford/Sync features which makes the situation even more frustrating. I'm holding off on upgrading to a newer phone for other factors right now.  

iPhone user here.  I can't stand the Google UI.  And, the rest of my family uses iPhone, so it makes it easier just to keep it the same all around.

2 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

iPhone user here.  I can't stand the Google UI.  And, the rest of my family uses iPhone, so it makes it easier just to keep it the same all around.

Me too.  Shocking I know.  But I’ve been using iPhones and iPads for years.  They just work.

22 hours ago, akirby said:

Me too.  Shocking I know.  But I’ve been using iPhones and iPads for years.  They just work.

That's why I've never gone back to Android once I switched. I'm fully aware of the flaws of the iPhone and iOS but it just works and that's all I really care about. I don't want or need the latest and greatest gadgets and features. I'm still using an iPhone XR with no plans on switching any time soon*

*Until Apple's ridiculous forced obsolescence policy forces me to. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's why I've never gone back to Android once I switched. I'm fully aware of the flaws of the iPhone and iOS

What exactly are these flaws everyone mentions?  I’ve never experienced anything bad and I’ve never seen specifics mentioned.  Just seems like people looking for something to hate.