Car Wash Water Coming Out Of Spoiler

I have taken my Corsair GT through the car wash twice.  Both times, an excessive amount of water runs out of the spoiler down the center to either side of the third tail light and on both outer edges.  I'm not talking about drips.  I'm talking about a steady stream of water that runs out for over 20 minutes.

The last trip through the car wash I opened the liftgate and kept it open while I dried my vehicle and vacuumed the floor.  After I shut the liftgate, water continued to pour out.  I even took the vacuum at the carwash and stuck it on the corners where the water was running out.  This didn't stop it from running.  I drove 5 minutes to the grocery store and had to wipe down the area again.  I drove home and parked it in the garage and wiped it down again.

Several hours later when we were leaving to go out for the night I had to wipe off the area again where water had ran out and dried.

I'm thinking there is some sealer missing or something is wrong with the spoiler.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I may have solved the issue although it seems a bit ridiculous to me. I purchased a 12V powered air compressor that had a long cord and a hose with an attachable extension. After I went through the carwash today, I immediately opened the hatch when I parked at the vacuum. I left it open while I dried off the rest of the vehicle and vacuumed the car. I closed the hatch and wiped it down with my lint free cloth. Then I took the air compressor and blew out all the spots where water tends to pour out. I opened the hatch and wiped down the interior, then closed it again and blew out the areas again.

I drove a mile to the grocery store and I had one drip down the center of the rear windshield. There was nothing on it when I arrived home.

Problem solved, sort of.