2023 Ford Escape Spotted With New Front End

10 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Yeah, it looks the front end gets all new nose clip including headlights and back end get partial revision. Looks like interior gets some changes too. And hopefully a new trim line with eye popping, contrasting stitching throughout interior. Furthermore, the 1.5 3 cylinder for fleet S only and hybrid standard on every trim line and 2.0 turbo optional on SE on up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

hopefully a new trim line with eye popping, contrasting stitching throughout interior. Furthermore, the 1.5 3 cylinder for fleet S only and hybrid standard on every trim line and 2.0 turbo optional on SE on up. 

Excellent suggestions FordBuyer sir. All of those could dramatically improve appeal of Ford Escape to prospective compact crossover buyers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Yeah, it looks the front end gets all new nose clip including headlights and back end get partial revision. Looks like interior gets some changes too. And hopefully a new trim line with eye popping, contrasting stitching throughout interior. Furthermore, the 1.5 3 cylinder for fleet S only and hybrid standard on every trim line and 2.0 turbo optional on SE on up. 

I think Maverick is pointing the way for all future Fords, at least in North America in terms of powertrain choices.

Just need to add 1.5 hybrid AWD to the mix (for both Escape and Maverick)

• Thanks 1

Personally, just me...my opinion.... I think it'll be an improvement.  Took years for the Escape to be a great seller and the current version was not very exciting to look at, and sitting inside was nothing orgasmic...had Fiesta plastics throughout.  It was underwhelming.  Hopefully, they have addressed the issue.  The 2 vehicles that received the most slack of chintzy interiors last few years have been the Escape and the Explorer.  You always spend a bit more time and attention on your core products. Hopefully this rectifies it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bzcat said:

I think Maverick is pointing the way for all future Fords, at least in North America in terms of powertrain choices.

Just need to add 1.5 hybrid AWD to the mix (for both Escape and Maverick)

Also looks like the Evos concept design cues are being incorporated into refreshed Escape. Rumor has it that touchscreen will be integrated into dashboard too. Ford is showing us next generation North American design cues with the Evos concept IMO. That sweeping across the dashboard touchscreen in Evos will make it to top trim levels here I suspect. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 8:45 PM, T-dubz said:

id say it’s pretty close to the new focus too (which also resembles the evos) minus the headlights having a slightly different shape and different DRLs. The lower bumper area also looks like it could be similar under the camo.

I think the big difference is that the Escape will have a bumper shape more like the EVO-As in the round Fog lights in a pocket in the bumper, vs having a black piece like what is shown on the Focus refresh

Sorta like the Mach E GT bumper

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Turns Up the Fun

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

The mid cycle update of Focus just released in Europe got Sync 4 so no reason to think it won't trickle down to other C2 like Escape and Bronco Sport eventually.

Agree - my only reason for concern is Maverick does not come with Sync 4, so I didn't know whether to read anything into that or not.

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

The mid cycle update of Focus just released in Europe got Sync 4 so no reason to think it won't trickle down to other C2 like Escape and Bronco Sport eventually.

Agree - my only reason for concern is Maverick does not come with Sync 4, so I didn't know whether to read anything into that or not. Here's Sync 4 screen placement in Euro Focus:2021-Ford-Focus-facelift-00005.jpg

Interesting how each generation of Escape starts with a generic or  "European" small car looking grill, and redesign brings them to more "American" masculine look. 

Also if 1.5 liter Ecoboost were dropped, would anyone be unhappy? 

Finally hybrid with AWD would be nice. The RAV 4 with electric motor for rear wheels has a following. Might be biased as someone who bought an Escape with my A plan traded it for a RAV 4 hybrid. 

17 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Agree - my only reason for concern is Maverick does not come with Sync 4, so I didn't know whether to read anything into that or not. Here's Sync 4 screen placement in Euro Focus:2021-Ford-Focus-facelift-00005.jpg

I predict that the screen size will be around 10 inches. Ford Authority has a new article indicating that the escape is getting a larger screen. As for the maverick, the design of the infotainment screen with the little cubby seems to be a easily  upgradable for its eventual refresh. 

1 hour ago, paintguy said:

Also if 1.5 liter Ecoboost were dropped, would anyone be unhappy? 

No sir. That engine has received mediocre or poor ratings in professional reviews of Escape. Just like Maverick, offering only 2.5L hybrid and 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo gasoline engines is the way to go for refreshed 2023 Escape in the U.S. market.

Edited by rperez817

29 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

No sir. That engine has received mediocre or poor ratings in professional reviews of Escape. Just like Maverick, offering only 2.5L hybrid and 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo gasoline engines is the way to go for refreshed 2023 Escape in the U.S. market.

There seem to be a lot of happy BS owners with that poor 1.5 in it. For every 1 Badlands BS, I see 9 BS's that are different trims.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

There seem to be a lot of happy BS owners with that poor 1.5 in it..........

That includes me.  We bought our Bronco Sport back in April.  Outer Banks with the 1.5 L engine.  Every person who has been in my vehicle (even out-and-out car guys) express amazement when I tell them it has a three cylinder engine.  The balance shaft works.  Cruising at 60 mph is quiet and smooth.  People who say otherwise, even “professional testers” really don’t know what they’re talking about.