COVP??? Is it something I need the dealership to do when I order my truck?

This information is completely wrong,  Ford has always separated stock orders (20-99) from retail (customer) orders (10-19).

The only thing COVP does is allow Ford to prioritize retail orders and bypass the normal dealer allocation rules.  It also prevents dealers from playing games with fake customer orders.

Please leave the details to ice-capades.  You’re just confusing people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2021 Ford Customer Order Verification for Priority Scheduling and Allocation (Revised 06/09/2021)

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)

Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation
• The required documentation for COVP approval will again require a signed and dated buyers order along with a copy of the customer’s driver’s license
A WBDO Screenshot or DORA is no longer adequate documentation for approval.

• Any previously approved retails will not have to be resubmitted

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https:// to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units).

Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will be scheduled within the dealer’s regularly earned allocation.

Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

Retail Order Prioritization Violations
This program is built on trust and cooperation between Ford and our dealer partners. There will be a zero-tolerance policy for dealers if it is determined that false retail orders were submitted in order to receive incremental allocation. The program will be audited by a third party to ensure consistency and compliance. One violation will result in the dealership being excluded from the Retail Order Prioritization program moving forward.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• Mustang (Non GT500 or Mach 1)
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS
• Customer places eligible retail order through their local dealership
• Dealership will enter retail order into COVP website located at https://

Edited by ice-capades
Format
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

2021 Ford Customer Order Verification for Priority Scheduling and Allocation (Revised 06/09/2021)

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)

Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation
• The required documentation for COVP approval will again require a signed and dated buyers order along with a copy of the customer’s driver’s license

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https:// to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units).

Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will be scheduled within the dealer’s regularly earned allocation.

Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

This program is built on trust and cooperation between Ford and our dealer partners. There will be a zero-tolerance policy for dealers if it is determined that false retail orders were submitted in order to receive incremental allocation. The program will be audited by a third party to ensure consistency and compliance. One violation will result in the dealership being excluded from the Retail Order Prioritization program moving forward.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS

WOW and very nice ? 

and I think this has removed any question…. I know it takes time for you to do want you do and it is very much appreciated.

Thank you ice-capades

Edited by TruckBuilderBob
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TruckBuilderBob said:

WOW and very nice ? 

and I think this has removed any question from my mind…. I know it takes time for you to do want you do and it is very much appreciated.

Bob - the frustrating part is this has been posted and discussed at least 4 or 5 times (maybe a lot more) over the last few months.  In this case a search for COVP would have shown that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 7:15 AM, ice-capades said:

WHAT IS HAPPENING

SUMMARY

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS

Thank you, I had no idea such a program existed, nothing was said about this when we ordered our F250

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way for us as the customer to know if our order was COVP approved? I know the way trucks are scheduled is a mystery but it seems odd that I am seeing so many trucks ordered after mine get build dates. I ordered a Lariat F350 6.7 on 8-31 (I understand there are many before me also waiting) only thing that I have that’s been in the commodity restrictions is the gooseneck/fifth wheel prep. 

10 hours ago, mbushardjr said:

Is there a way for us as the customer to know if our order was COVP approved? I know the way trucks are scheduled is a mystery but it seems odd that I am seeing so many trucks ordered after mine get build dates. I ordered a Lariat F350 6.7 on 8-31 (I understand there are many before me also waiting) only thing that I have that’s been in the commodity restrictions is the gooseneck/fifth wheel prep. 

Your Dealer can provide you with a copy of the COVP approval. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2021 at 9:15 AM, ice-capades said:

WHAT IS HAPPENING

SUMMARY

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS

Ice,

I am new on this forum, and recently ordered an F 350  and really appreciate the education on the order process. This makes it very clear why my dealer needed my DL and a deposit. He gave my order a priority code 10. 
The more one learns the better it gets.

Thanks! ??
-Patriot

Edited by Patriot1
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...